Discussion About Management . Part 44. (#356)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Fair enough, sounds like I imagined that. Again, I think he`s a player the Canucks should have at least placed a call too. I see if I can dig up that interview with Linden/Benning (would have been around late August, I think?), but I may very well have misremembered what I heard.

Is it possible you're remembering a discussion about Alex Kerfoot?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That’s very likely but ya I’d have to say he’s had a good start.

Sure. Luck can be good. A goal off a player’s face, a fluttery shot that tips off a stick, a rebound into an empty net, and an actual empty net. Without some very good bounces he has 4 shots instead of 4 goals and no one is talking about his ‘good’ start. But sure, he’s been great.

Reactions: Pip and MS

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
More lucky than good tbh. It’ll revert to Dorsett’s rather low mean soon.

I have a feeling what you're saying is more likely to be true, despite me secretly hoping that Dorsett can remain a consistent 20-25 pt player.

Oh wells.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I have a feeling what you're saying is more likely to be true, despite me secretly hoping that Dorsett can remain a consistent 20-25 pt player.

Oh wells.

Oh give him enough minutes and he could get 10 and 10 on the season. Heck with his start I wouldn’t be at all surprised. Just saying 6 goals in the remaining 75 games is a lot more Dorsett’s speed than 4 in the first 7.

Reactions: MS

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oh give him enough minutes and he could get 10 and 10 on the season. Heck with his start I wouldn’t be at all surprised. Just saying 6 goals in the remaining 75 games is a lot more Dorsett’s speed than 4 in the first 7.

That sounds about right.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

It sounds like you really hate this guy and I'm wondering why? Why wouldn't you want him to score 20 goals? How would that hurt you if he did? I can understand that you don't like him as a player but it seems almost personal to you.
You won't acknowledge anything positive about him at all, weird.
There's a few players that I don't like that much (as players) but when they have success I cheer and am happy for them.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
It sounds like you really hate this guy and I'm wondering why? Why wouldn't you want him to score 20 goals? How would that hurt you if he did? I can understand that you don't like him as a player but it seems almost personal to you.
There's a few players that I don't like that much (as players) but when they have success I cheer and am happy for them.

Why do you think I hate him or wouldn’t want him to score 20 goals?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Why do you think I hate him or wouldn’t want him to score 20 goals?

I don't know why, don't want to go through your previous posts but you sure deride the guy at every opportunity and about every aspect of his game even when he has a great game. I'm just curious.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't know why, don't want to go through your previous posts but you sure deride the guy at every opportunity and about every aspect of his game even when he has a great game. I'm just curious.

Well ya, I deride him because he’s not a very good player and I’d like to see more good players on my lifelong hockey team. I assumed that part was fairly obvious, no?

I don’t understand how you think that means I *hate* the guy. I mean if I met him I’d shake his hand and be very congenial. It’s nothing personal and I’m sure he’s a stellar human being.

But I don’t like hockey players by default or because they’re great human beings. I like them cause they do good things on the ice for my team. Dorsett doesn’t do that enough for me and so I debate people like you who think he does.

Make sense?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

My understanding of his post is that, Dorsett or any other player can be made to succeed if they are given enough opportunity (deservedly or not). It's like an Olympic level archer can hit bull's eye in 2 shots, while a novice like me will probably take 10 shots - both hit bull's eye but one's clearly more skilled and of higher level than the other.

This actually echoes with what Willie D did when he literally showered the best minutes on Vey and Megna for the longest time (God knows why...).

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
My understanding of his post is that, Dorsett or any other player can be made to succeed if they are given enough opportunity (deservedly or not). It's like an Olympic level archer can hit bull's eye in 2 shots, while a novice like me will probably take 10 shots - both hit bull's eye but one's clearly more skilled and of higher level than the other.

This actually echoes with what Willie D did when he literally showered the best minutes on Vey and Megna for the longest time (God knows why...).

Oh ok. You think that's the reason he seems to hate him? Doesn't get bulls eyes (goals)?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Oh ok. You think that's the reason he seems to hate him? Doesn't get bulls eyes (goals)?

Honestly when I’m not debating you or someone else inflating his value I don’t really think about him at all.

Hockey forum banter =/= real life.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Eh...I don't think he hates Dorsett...

And you're really not understanding what I'm trying to say but...it's not important anyways...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Anyone else thinking we're nearing that fateful moment again when Mr Aquilini has a beer with Geoff Courtnall?

I guess it's a case of how much losing he can stand this year but it feels like that time could be nigh to me.

Again, nothing concrete here. Just a hunch.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Well ya, I deride him because he’s not a very good player and I’d like to see more good players on my lifelong hockey team. I assumed that part was fairly obvious, no?

I don’t understand how you think that means I *hate* the guy. I mean if I met him I’d shake his hand and be very congenial. It’s nothing personal and I’m sure he’s a stellar human being.

But I don’t like hockey players by default or because they’re great human beings. I like them cause they do good things on the ice for my team. Dorsett doesn’t do that enough for me and so I debate people like you who think he does.

Make sense?

Yeah ok that , all sounds well and good but you do seem genuinely unhappy when he plays well. Paraphrasing one of your posts:" Yeah well he scored two goals but one fluttered in of a guys face and the other was an empty net" and many others posts like it.

Maybe I have to take it back that you "hate" him, maybe you're afraid he'll prove your assessment wrong and you'll stand to lose some credibility?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yeah ok that , all sounds well and good but you do seem genuinely unhappy when he plays well. Paraphrasing one of your posts:" Yeah well he scored two goals but one fluttered in of a guys face and the other was an empty net" and many others posts like it.

Maybe I have to take it back that you "hate" him, maybe you're afraid he'll prove your assessment wrong and you'll stand to lose some credibility?

You do understand I was posting as part of a discussion with another poster, yes? Maybe read that discussion if you want to understand my motives (this seems important to you).

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
You do understand I was posting as part of a discussion with another poster, yes? Maybe read that discussion if you want to understand my motives (this seems important to you).

He doesn't read. Too busy watch... oh wait!

You can't make a positive discussion with these kind of posters because they cover their eyes, ignore the facts and shout lalalala to make others back off.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
So how do people who support Benning explain his lack of interest in Butcher? How does one defend that?
I doubt Butcher was remotely interested in coming here. Benning likely knew he'd be wasting his time. We'll be extremely fortunate to sign the college players we draft like Gaudette. We've got to be a rock bottom destination for players these days.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I doubt Butcher was remotely interested in coming here. Benning likely knew he'd be wasting his time. We'll be extremely fortunate to sign the college players we draft like Gaudette. We've got to be a rock bottom destination for players these days.

Completely right. Butcher was never considering coming to Vancouver. This is a non topic.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Agent said otherwise. Also, Alex Kerfoot, one of the most sought after college free agents, signed with... the worst team last year, Colorado Avalanche.

Reactions: rypper

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Agent said otherwise. Also, Alex Kerfoot, one of the most sought after college free agents, signed with... the worst team last year, Colorado Avalanche.
Worst last year maybe. Buncha good players to play with at least on that team. Kerfoot being a local and all, he must have known something maybe..

Also agents are full of shit most of the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLBlueandWhite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad