Discussion About Management . Part 44. (#356)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
K1qHhew.png

GLORIOUS LEADER WILL TAKE US TO THE PROMISED LAND

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
In '15-16, Virtanen and McCann were rushed into the bigs with relatively heavy game loads, and HF Canucks resented it because it wrecked them both.

Last year, HF Canucks were in flames because Vancouver wouldn't sign a bunch of veterans in the summer so they could flip them at the deadline.

This year we get some veteran assets and HF Canucks is pissed off because they're "taking games/minutes" away from the kids.

Seriously, you people can NOT have it all ways all the time.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
In ‘15-16 McCann was the steal of the first round and Virtanen was going to be the next Perry

Now McCann “wasn’t that good” and we’re too tough on Virtanen.

All ways indeed

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
In '15-16, Virtanen and McCann were rushed into the bigs with relatively heavy game loads, and HF Canucks resented it because it wrecked them both.

Last year, HF Canucks were in flames because Vancouver wouldn't sign a bunch of veterans in the summer so they could flip them at the deadline.

This year we get some veteran assets and HF Canucks is pissed off because they're "taking games/minutes" away from the kids.

Virtanen and McCann were rushed. The following year we didn't have much NHL-ready young talent so it would make sense to get a few vets to flip at the deadline. This year we have too many young players who should get a look in the NHL but no room because we signed too many vets to multi-year deals.

It's not hard to understand.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
In ‘15-16 McCann was the steal of the first round and Virtanen was going to be the next Perry

Now McCann “wasn’t that good” and we’re too tough on Virtanen.

All ways indeed

If you haven't watched Florida play yet this year, you should. McCann is contributing like the first round pick he was.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Virtanen and McCann were rushed. The following year we didn't have much NHL-ready young talent so it would make sense to get a few vets to flip at the deadline. This year we have too many young players who should get a look in the NHL but no room because we signed too many vets to multi-year deals.

Apparently it is

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015

He will get his games. As will Virtanen. As long as their play warrants it. We always have injuries. Always. Don't want to rush him and ruin him too.

And no, that is not hard to understand.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Why post the obvious?

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Some people may want to keep in mind that in threads with titles like this, you are going to be arguing with paid Canuck employees.

The lengths they've gone to, to try and shore up Benning's reputation online are unprecedented.

So, when you find yourself arguing with someone who is unable to support their point of view and won't change it despite mountains of evidence to contradict it, keep in mind who and what you are talking to.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Some people may want to keep in mind that in threads with titles like this, you are going to be arguing with paid Canuck employees.

The lengths they've gone to, to try and shore up Benning's reputation online are unprecedented.

So, when you find yourself arguing with someone who is unable to support their point of view and won't change it despite mountains of evidence to contradict it, keep in mind who and what you are talking to.
You are definitely not terrible, Dee.

Nice post lol

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I've reached the point with this organization where you just have to laugh.

You try to give benning the benefit of the doubt that he would learn from the COLLASAL F-UP that was Virtanen and McCann with the whole workout/pressbox/a few games here and there development routine.

will this organization ever learn how to develop prospects??????? Just send him to Utica for crying out loud.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

Paid canucks employees....who is that here?

I want to know who we should watch, you can never be to careful.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Is this the management discussion thread? If so the title is very misleading and does not encourafe debate. Likely that is the intention to shut out opposing views that get in the way of back patting like minded partners. Maybe this thread helps to add likes to similar opinioned compatriots at the same time. The other side of appealing to authority is to want to be liked by the in crowd. The best way to be liked is to say the sky is falling and those in power are stupid, corrupt and or incompetent. Incompetence is a fair argument that I have no problem with. Though I think even the argument of incompetence should be based on faulty philosophy not on lack of ability.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

In 2015, this team was trying to compete and rushed two completely unready teenagers onto the roster both to the detriment of their development and the team's success.

In 2017, this team is 'rebuilding' and has 2-3 young wingers aged 20-22 who have shown well at lower levels, showed well in the NHL to close last season, and are at the point where they should be getting substantial NHL opportunity. Instead we bury them behind veteran junk like Thomas Vanek.

There is a bit of a difference there and it isn't 'wanting to have it both ways'.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

In 2015, this team was trying to compete and rushed two completely unready teenagers onto the roster both to the detriment of their development and the team's success.

In 2017, this team is 'rebuilding' and has 2-3 young wingers aged 20-22 who have shown well at lower levels, showed well in the NHL to close last season, and are at the point where they should be getting substantial NHL opportunity. Instead we bury them behind veteran junk like Thomas Vanek.

There is a bit of a difference there and it isn't 'wanting to have it both ways'.
If people don't understand after it's been clearly laid out like this, then I'm assuming these people are intentionally being obtuse in order to weakly play devils advocate. Context/environment matters.

Reactions: MS

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Paid canucks employees....who is that here?

I want to know who we should watch, you can never be to careful.

Was that an attempt at sounding glib? Needs work, take a night class.

Who they are is obvious, HF posters are rarely idiots and are fully capable of sensing when something seems off.

If you can't figure out who's who then I suggest posting at CDC, it's pretty much all Canuck employees arguing with each other over whether Benning is just the greatest GM of this era or all time. I don't think there are many real people left on that board.

If you STILL don't know who's who then ask the guy in the kiosk next to you what his screen name is.

Reactions: travis scott

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
I've reached the point with this organization where you just have to laugh.

You try to give benning the benefit of the doubt that he would learn from the COLLASAL F-UP that was Virtanen and McCann with the whole workout/pressbox/a few games here and there development routine.

will this organization ever learn how to develop prospects??????? Just send him to Utica for crying out loud.

O......M.....F***KING........G

Are they trying to destroy their one sure-fire prospect?

4G 5pts in 9 games last season? Keeps scoring in the pre-season?

Cools off as little for the last game or two? (And I mean A LITTLE, it's not like he turned into Sbisa)

And now he sits in the press box while Erikkson and Vanek play with themselves all game long?

This guy did EVERYTHING that could have been asked of him to EARN a spot on this team and now he sits in favor of useless, lazy, over-payed vets who haven't bought a fraction of the energy or results that he has?

This guy is an American Colledge player with ZERO ties to the city of Vancouver, I think right now he may be regretting trusting them when he could have finished his degree and signed with whoever he chose.

I doubt he'll make the mistake of committing to this team again, you don't forget being lied to like this, "If a player earns it, he'll play"

So far, Jake plays token minutes and Bosser a guy who experts agree should be challenging for the Calder.......is IN THE PRESS BOX

Brock, first chance you get, RUN LIKE HELL

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is the same coach who, in 2015, was given Ben Hutton - a player good enough to be playing top-4 minutes in the NHL only a few months later - with 18 games left in the regular season, and his team home and cooled out with a conference championship essentially clinched.

Rather than play a young player in meaningless games to see what he had, he kept rolling with bums like John Negrin and Travis Ehrhardt because they were 'his guys' that 'got them there'.

This is how Green works. He's a good coach in most aspects, but he's probably even more rookie-averse than Willie was. And this will probably get worse before it gets better.

It's mildly upsetting to be repeating all this now after being pooh-poohed so much for saying it back in June when Green was hired.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

Who they are is obvious, HF posters are rarely idiots and are fully capable of sensing when something seems off.

If you can't figure out who's who then I suggest posting at CDC, it's pretty much all Canuck employees arguing with each other over whether Benning is just the greatest GM of this era or all time. I don't think there are many real people left on that board.

If you STILL don't know who's who then ask the guy in the kiosk next to you what his screen name is.

I make way too much for that. Awesome, you just accused me of being a shill. Keep digging.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
This is the same coach who, in 2015, was given Ben Hutton - a player good enough to be playing top-4 minutes in the NHL only a few months later - with 18 games left in the regular season, and his team home and cooled out with a conference championship essentially clinched.

Rather than play a young player in meaningless games to see what he had, he kept rolling with bums like John Negrin and Travis Ehrhardt because they were 'his guys' that 'got them there'.

This is how Green works. He's a good coach in most aspects, but he's probably even more rookie-averse than Willie was. And this will probably get worse before it gets better.

It's mildly upsetting to be repeating all this now after being pooh-poohed so much for saying it back in June when Green was hired.

I get that Green is rookie-adverse, and he's not alone in that respect. I think AV was that way a little sometimes, and so was Willie, obviously.

In this case, though, I don't quite understand it. Boeser is an "older" rookie, and to my eye, he looks like an NHLer. He shoots the puck as well or better than any player on the roster. He has had success scoring at this level. I get that he was just OK in the last couple of exhibition games, but I'd have him as one of the first names on the line-up card.

It's too early to get overly worked up, and I like a lot of what I see from Green, but scratching Boeser does concern me a bit.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

So hf posters are rarely idiots but management obviously are? I doubt very much the Canucks are paying people to defend them but if they are could they please pm me. I quite enjoy arguing that most successful people are not complete idiots.

Reactions: rune74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad