OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Normally the second Liverpool's goal shouldn't count. It was not a shoulder To shoulder but "arm in the back" lol. And if Stones is a little bit smarter, he falls down and the ref blow the whistle

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Without those 3 draws in december, where we were clearly better and deserved 3 wins. There would be only 6 points between United and City.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, Russia lost today their best CB with a knee injury (a la Zlatan) so it means out for at least 6 months
No world cup.
Great
:mad:

And it was a friendly game between Spartak Moscow and Shanghai.

BTW, poor Spartak, they have no luck. Lost in the summer their best young midfielder with the same injury, he missed the first part of the season. And now their best CB, will miss the 2nd part of the season.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Henrikh Mkhitaryan cried after saying goodbye to Man Utd players ahead of Arsenal move

Well, I waited 21 years before seeing an armenian player to play for my favorite club. Unfortunately it last only 1.5 seasons.
Back in the 90's I always dreamed about a russian player to play for MU. (Started to follow in 96-97 season, and don't remember Kanchelskis playing for the red devils.)
After the 1/2 in 2008 for Russia at EURO, I thought maybe Arshavin or any other players would play for MU, but it wasn't the case.
But an armenian playing for my favorite club is even better.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bruce Arena Laments USMNT's Chemistry, 'Bad Eggs' in Reflecting on World Cup Failure

“I never felt real comfortable with the team along the way,” Arena said. “We had eight [qualifiers] to get it right and had a very small margin of error.”

John Brooks, Jordan Morris and Sebastian Lletget, among others, injected too much volatility into the player pool, Arena claimed." data-reactid="21">He said last July’s Gold Cup, which concluded with a dramatic 2-1 win over Jamaica, was when he felt best about his team. But that was a squad absent the vast majority of Arena’s European players. Their September re-introduction, plus injuries to the likes of John Brooks, Jordan Morris and Sebastian Lletget, among others, injected too much volatility into the player pool, Arena claimed.

“It wasn’t the same team with the right chemistry. It just didn’t seem like everyone was on the same page with the right mentality and the same understanding of what everything was about,” Arena said Friday. “The chemistry of the group wasn’t right. It wasn’t the character you see out of a U.S. team. And the second part, realistically, was that we didn’t have the most talented players and when we had injuries, it hurt us.”

The locker room was decent, Arena claimed, but “there were a couple of bad eggs like you have on every team. We were well aware of it.” Team leaders like Howard, Michael Bradley and Dempsey set the right examples and Arena stressed, “I do not question their character at all.” Others, however, didn’t rise to the occasion.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
See :throw under the bus

Lol....I wanna know who the bad eggs were.

Someone can probably figure out a short list based on the comments. He praises Pulisic but blames other players who returned from Europe in September for disrupting things. Who would that include?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Arsenal looked pretty good today. I wonder if it has anything to do with not having a child who throws a temper tantrum every time he doesn't get the ball on the field so no one was forcing anything.

Second thought of the day: United may win a bunch but they're near unwatchable.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Sorry if I prefer sports to actually be entertaining! Watching a team that has the incredible level of talent that Man U has consistently play not to lose isn't my idea of fun.

They play to win games, not to please you. Because the goal in football, it's to win games.
In russian and french there is a proverb "we don't judge a winner" (don't know if there is a similar english one)
If they think, it's the better way to win games (and the tables and trophies are saying so) they're right.

Why last year, nobody was trolling us about our style of play (and it was so so bad compare to this year), or nobody mentioned it in the media 50x/week? Because we were not winning games, they had already something to discuss.
This year, there is nothing to complain about
2nd most wins in the league
3rd most goals in the league
qualified for the playoffs in the Champions League
... oh wait... your style of play is not pretty/fun, what does it even means??

We already had LVG aka the king of possession as head coach. I prefer 10/10 that vertical, quick football by Mourinho than the handball style of play when the 4 Ds are passing to ball to each other in the O-zone 90% of the time.
And if our players could make better decisions sometimes, we could score even more goals than we have now. Like the last game against Burnley, where Pogba and then Rashford made 2 bad decisions. The final score, could have easily been 0-3 instead of 0-1.
But let's also blame Mourinho because players can't make a pass.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They play to win games, not to please you. Because the goal in football, it's to win games.
In russian and french there is a proverb "we don't judge a winner" (don't know if there is a similar english one)
If they think, it's the better way to win games (and the tables and trophies are saying so) they're right.

Why last year, nobody was trolling us about our style of play (and it was so so bad compare to this year), or nobody mentioned it in the media 50x/week? Because we were not winning games, they had already something to discuss.
This year, there is nothing to complain about
2nd most wins in the league
3rd most goals in the league
qualified for the playoffs in the Champions League
... oh wait... your style of play is not pretty/fun, what does it even means??

We already had LVG aka the king of possession as head coach. I prefer 10/10 that vertical, quick football by Mourinho than the handball style of play when the 4 Ds are passing to ball to each other in the O-zone 90% of the time.
And if our players could make better decisions sometimes, we could score even more goals than we have now. Like the last game against Burnley, where Pogba and then Rashford made 2 bad decisions. The final score, could have easily been 0-3 instead of 0-1.
But let's also blame Mourinho because players can't make a pass.

Hey bud, all I said was they're near unwatchable. To me, they are. They're boring as hell just as most Jose teams have been. They have amazing attacking talent and watching them play such a slow, boring brand of football is just not fun for me as someone who isn't a Man U fan. I don't care if Man U wins or loses and you are right; they don't play games to please me but I also don't have to watch if it's not an entertaining product. Do they care if I don't watch? No. No they don't and if you don't like my opinion, hey that's cool too... no hard feelings.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hey, when the NJ Devils were sucking the life and enjoyment out of hockey, their fans didn’t complain, just the rest of us who hated their ugly style. This is the same IMO, MINUS the big trophy (so far).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad