GDT: Disappearing GDT! Game 31 OTT @ BUF at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The weather will be costing me at least the first period. My parents decided to flee WNY winter a few days early and will be passing through at the dinner hour, so we'll be heading out to meet them around puck-drop.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The game that can only be described as The Unstoppable Trainwreck meets an Immovable Object at the Bottom of the Table.

Senators have won 1 in 12.

Sabres have won 2 in 12...

...is all you need to know on why you should find something better to do tonight. True race for Svechlin starts here.

At least there is some small hope Kane and Eichel are separated, so let's hold hands together and pray to the hockey gods.

why do you want Andrei Svechnikov? Unless you're predicting a 2nd place finish its Dahlin all the way

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kane away from Eichel - over/under on this lasting 2 periods? Also with these lines we should win. Also Fasching can't beat out Jordan ****ing Nolan for a roster slot. FML

Davis has a say in the claim and in Nolan being back in the lineup. Jordan isn't in Buffalo if Payne isn't on staff, and he certainly wouldn't be in the lineup.

Reactions: struckbyaparkedcar

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
New lines. Looks like Fasching to the press box. I assume he is on the chopping block once Josefson is cleared to play.

!!!Kane and Eichel are getting a divorce!!! Now if we could just get Housley to flip Pouliot and Girgs and put Fasching in for Nolan.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Sabres is a true drama. In this episode Kane got offended when his lover Eichel caught up in line to take a morning dump before him so daddy'o Philly separated those two to reunite in 3rd period so we can see how real love flourishes.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Hmmmm.... do you work for the Government? Or is 20 minutes the nominal daily allowable standard for wasted time in private industry too? :D
Or is it normal in both private industry and government, but in government you can bank it and waste it all in massive chunks at the end of the year?

When they lose from us, they will fire up the rocket.

If the Sens are on a rocket to hell, then what does that make us?
Magentically attracted to ACME Company anvils.

Wile-E-Coyote-173972503

wile-e-coyote-sucks-at-rocket-science-5c2553e3e18

wile-e-obama-and-his-bag-of-tricks-and.html

il_570xN.668266788_ohku.jpg

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Cause I hope we get lucky and pick top 2 and they both seem elite per reports.

Obviously if we get the 1st we want Dahlin...but I honestly don''t think its outside the realm of possibility that the team picks Boqvist at #2. Boqvist looks pretty special in his own right and if it wasn't for Dahlin he might be the best defensemen picked in quite a while. People compare Boqvist to Erik Karlsson, quite the shoes to fill but it gives you an idea how he skates/plays.

If they do take Svechnikov they need to trade ROR, we can't keep ignoring D.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Why would you want Svechnikov with any pick?
DRAFT FOR f***ING NEED

If we get the #2 pick it's Boqvist or Hughes. If we fall outside the top 3, it's McIsaac, Smith or Merkley.

Sabres board (ALL D)
1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Hughes
4. McIsaac
5. Smith
6. Merkley
7. Wilde
8. Bouchard
9. Woo
10. Dobson

If we draft a winger 2nd overall... with the amount of high end D in the top 10 this year... we should just give up all hope.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Obviously if we get the 1st we want Dahlin...but I honestly don''t think its outside the realm of possibility that the team picks Boqvist at #2. Boqvist looks pretty special in his own right and if it wasn't for Dahlin he might be the best defensemen picked in quite a while. People compare Boqvist to Erik Karlsson, quite the shoes to fill but it gives you an idea how he skates/plays.

If they do take Svechnikov they need to trade ROR, we can't keep ignoring D.
Pick BPA (Sech) and trade for a couple of young D with good upside. Boqvist didnt even make WJC and I think some scouting agencies don't even have him top3 right now so I doubt very much any team picks him 2nd...anyway this GDT, let's focus on that.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Pick BPA (Sech) and trade for a couple of young D with good upside. Boqvist didnt even make WJC and I think some scouting agencies don't even have him top3 right now so I doubt very much any team picks him 2nd...anyway this GDT, let's focus on that.
I heard nobody say they would pick Svechnikov instead of Dahlin before, do have some information we do not know about? ( Are you Tim Murray trying to do a 2016er again? )

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Not to derail the thread, but this is the exact logic people here used to be pro nylander in 2016. “Mcavoy isn’t even 10 top!”. And just pick up some young dmen? Yeah, we’ve done plenty of that since 2016 too...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’m ok with the lines, would’ve swapped Okposo for Reinhart (since that rw won’t touch the puck anyway).

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Sabres get first pick overall? LOL.

I think we can actually win this tonight, if we actually play for 60 minutes. Yes, I know, stop laughing.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not to derail the thread, but this is the exact logic people here used to be pro nylander in 2016. “Mcavoy isn’t even 10 top!”. And just pick up some young dmen? Yeah, we’ve done plenty of that since 2016 too...

It's a crap shoot. You pick who you think is going to be best player. Just because Nylander is struggling and guys like McAvoy and Serg seem to be excelling now doesn't make a lick of difference. People are wrong all the time and hindsight can be used just as many times to contradict the Nylander example

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I wondered where the GDT was...

Feeling confident tonight, Eichel and Lehner are certified Sens Killers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad