GDT: Disappearing GDT! Game 31 OTT @ BUF at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
The game that can only be described as The Unstoppable Trainwreck meets an Immovable Object at the Bottom of the Table.

Senators have won 1 in 12.

Sabres have won 2 in 12...

...is all you need to know on why you should find something better to do tonight. True race for Svechlin starts here.

At least there is some small hope Kane and Eichel are separated, so let's hold hands together and pray to the hockey gods.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Sabres got 4 of 6 in the last week and have looked like a new team with ERod showing up the room. Stop being pessimistic.

That being said, Kane and Eichel returned together the end of regulation last game. History would say there’s single digit chance of their continued breakup.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sabres got 4 of 6 in the last week and have looked like a new team with ERod showing up the room. Stop being pessimistic.

That being said, Kane and Eichel returned together the end of regulation last game. History would say there’s single digit chance of their continued breakup.
We got 4 of 6 because Lehner engaged beast mode recently. I don't feel optimistic about anything else in our overall game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So this is where they give a Phil Housley patent-pending "good effort" and send the other team on its way with a win, right? Ottawa breaks out of their slump tonight.

Reactions: struckbyaparkedcar

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
So this is where they give a Phil Housley patent-pending "good effort" and send the other team on its way with a win, right? Ottawa breaks out of their slump tonight.
I think we may actually be a better team than them when EK is not 100%. It's quite a sad story for Ottawa but honestly think we win tonight. And I have mixed feelings about this as they are one of the 2-3 other teams that can contest our tank for Svechlin project this year.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
We got 4 of 6 because Lehner engaged beast mode recently. I don't feel optimistic about anything else in our overall game.

He saved a bunch of 1 man breakaways where they were cornered to one side of the ice, and otherwise let in the goal during each clutch scenario. Could've been 6 for 6.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Sabres win 10-1. Kane with the hattie, and McCabe has his best night as a Sabre.

Erik Karlsson is so impressed by the Sabres he demands a trade to Buffalo. Ottawa, seeing Kane score three goals, wants the top winger in the league. Of course a franchise winger isn't worth a franchise defenseman, so they ask for a budding top-pairing defensemen. Who else? Other than that horse who just logged 13 flawless minutes- Jake McCabe.

Trade goes through. Karlsson signs a 2 million dollar a year contract because he's so excited to live in the popping city of Buffalo, N.Y.

There's a breeze of hope passing through Buffalo until Risto watches Karlsson enter the locker room for the first time. The Finnish Beast is filled with nationalism, but not the type that makes you sing songs, drink, and share stories about your ancestors. He's filled with the type that makes you lose your sense of humanity and shoot a puppy to show your support for your country.

Karlsson, with a nose keen to the scent of the Finns due to generations of potent animosity, can smell the Finnish Beast. A battle ensues between the two warriors. Buffalo media flocks the scene. The world watches as the two wield hockey sticks for the glory of their people.

Communities all over the world pick sides on who to support. A world that was once unified and filled with peace becomes divided. A nuclear holocaust arises. Everything once green and beautiful becomes dark and gloomy.

Buffalo, a city once prided on her winning heritage - becomes the city that lost our humanity.

The legend of the Finnish Beast clashing with the Finnesse Swede is passed down through generations. Statues are built to show support of the two gods, and to also gain their good will. Thunder storms are said to be brewing battles between the Swede and the Finn. Wars are once again fought to show loyalty for one god or the other.

It all started on a cold winter day in Buffalo, N.Y..

That just wasted about 20 minutes of my work day. #cubiclelife

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Just wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to boot.

Let's hope the 2018-half of the season is a little less nauseating and results in a little less hemorrhaging from the eyes from watching our respective teams.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Game Preview: 12/12/17 vs. OTT

Morning Skate: December 12, 2017 at 10:15 am – 11:15 AM at KeyBank Center

LAST GAME
Sunday, December 10
Buffalo 2 at St. Louis 3 (OT)
Goals: Rodrigues (2)
Goalie: Lehner (42 saves/45 shots)
PP: 1/4; PK: 3/3; Shots: St. Louis 45 – Buffalo 24

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 137)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 13 games
Jacob Josefson (ankle, Nov. 28; injured reserve) – 6 games
Nathan Beaulieu (illness, Dec. 5) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Dec. 14:
Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 15: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 19: Boston at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 22: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 23: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SENATORS at SABRES

• This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Senators this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Ottawa 3-2 in Ottawa on Feb. 14
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Feb. 14, 2018 in Ottawa
  • The Sabres are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 5-3-2 at home
  • This is the 134th game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 65-49-19 series record.
  • The Sabres are 35-22-8 at home against the Senators all-time.

Reactions: Mr Orangeshirt

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

We got eviscerated at 5-on-5 against Chicago and St. Louis. I like ERod's addition to the lineup, but I do not feel good about the way we played in Chicago and St. Louis.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Will be at this game tonight sitting in the offence zone twice big tall greek boy, come say hello ! go sabres

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
New lines. Looks like Fasching to the press box. I assume he is on the chopping block once Josefson is cleared to play.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
New lines. Looks like Fasching to the press box. I assume he is on the chopping block once Josefson is cleared to play.

poor poor Rodrigues

But holy crap, Eichel is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I like that Kane and Eichel are separated and that Kane is playing with Reinhart. We'll see how long that lasts, though.

How has Fasching looked in his brief stint? Unless he's been awful, I'd prefer him on the 4th line over Nolan.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I'm expecting that 3rd line to let a goal or two in, but Kane against lesser competition hopefully will be able to do what he's supposedly good at: score enough to net even.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
How has Fasching looked in his brief stint? Unless he's been awful, I'd prefer him on the 4th line over Nolan.

He was pretty forgettable in second game, then demoted to 4th line where he was really not offering anything more than Nolan. The difference is Nolan actually gets the puck on his stick and then flubs it. Not sure that's actually worse than never getting the puck on your stick and being a passenger for your 8 minutes a night. It's competition. Let's let it ride.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to boot.

Let's hope the 2018-half of the season is a little less nauseating and results in a little less hemorrhaging from the eyes from watching our respective teams.

Hey Ny! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

Reactions: NyQuil

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Having a hard time getting a read on when that will be. They said he was healing quickly but they also said they want to take it slow due to his previous reinjuring of his ankle.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And yes, I am obsessing on the negatives to not be partying due to Kane and Eichel being split up to look at Nolan back in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad