Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but it looks like Gibby's rationale for having Stro pitch this game includes that he got under Showalters' skin last year and that Stro, who feeds off of showing up his detractors, would throw lights out against the Orioles b/c of the history between them.

If so, i like it. :)

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
You're also of the view that fans are "closer to parasites than patrons" and that they have no business concerning themselves with or criticizing the performance of the front-office or on-field performance. And that "a lot" (but apparently not the majority, because such a pedantic distinction is important) and a lot of other things that don't align your views with the majority of other fans and tend to come across as haughty, abrasive, and contemptible toward how said other fans conduct themselves. So what I'm saying is that 1) yes, you probably are the only person on here that thinks the way you do, and 2) given the significant disconnect between your thought process and what most others here believe, that your belief is probably not of any real impact on anyone here.

But that's just me.

:handclap:

Well said.

Really don't like the "holier-than-thou" attitude.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I just really want to see Bautista hit a walk off and toss the bat into Showalter's lap....I'd be good for the rest of the year. The old guy might take the big one if that happens.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
#BringBackDarrenOliver #RickyRomeroIsMyHero

#SaveUsJo-JoReyes #DanaEvelandIsTheHeroWeDeserve #WhyNotGustavoChacin #TheresAlwaysAaronLaffey #WhatsDavidPurceyUpToNow #HeyRememberChrisMichalak

:laugh:

Admittedly I'm running out of mediocre-to-poor retro Jays lefties.

You can't see an argument for putting Sanchez, Happ, and maybe Estrada above Stroman?

Sanchez yes. Estrada yes. Happ accounting for more than just this season... eeeehhhhhhhhhhh...... that's tougher.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
#SaveUsJo-JoReyes #DanaEvelandIsTheHeroWeDeserve #WhyNotGustavoChacin #TheresAlwaysAaronLaffey #WhatsDavidPurceyUpToNow #WhyNotChrisMichalek

Nem, I must say, I am rather disappointed. How could you forget Blue Jays legends such as Brian Tallet and Wil Ledezma.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
#SaveUsJo-JoReyes #DanaEvelandIsTheHeroWeDeserve #WhyNotGustavoChacin #TheresAlwaysAaronLaffey #WhatsDavidPurceyUpToNow #HeyRememberChrisMichalak

#BrianTalletOnceTookANoHitterIntoThe7th :naughty:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Ernie Johnson will have the call tonight for TBS (so nice to have the game on TBS)

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
Don't get this Liriano not starting whining. Just because he's not starting doesn't mean he won't be an important pitcher for the Jays.

Ideally, Stro gets through 5-6 (you hope for 2 times through), if he gets in a jam Liriano comes in to pick him up. Liriano comes in and gives those hitters a completely different look, tough on Jones/Davis/Trumbo and turns Wieters around to the right side where he has little power. Kim has 0 AB's against lefties so he's out for a pinch hitter. Liriano has also come out of the pen this year before, showing it's something he's capable of.

In contrast, if Liriano starts and can't find the zone early, we're in a bad way. Stro hasn't come out of the pen since '14.

Once people realize Stroman/Liriano aren't mutually exclusive they'll realize Gibby's decision made sense.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
vflhtt.jpg
Tillman didnt do well against the Jays last year !

s1m8uo.jpg

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario

Sanchez yes. Estrada yes. Happ accounting for more than just this season... eeeehhhhhhhhhhh...... that's tougher.
Gotta go with Brian Tallet tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad