Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
didn't stro pitch game five last year?
so it's not like he doesn't know how to pitch in an elimination game.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Chris Davis .216 vs Lefties.
Mark Trumbo .173 vs Lefties (.284 vs Righties).
Adam Jones .218 vs Lefties (.280 vs Righties).

I guess those guys aren't important.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I'll give you a hint. League average is 100, hope you can figure it out from there but I doubt it

even if you want to ignore wRC+ and use OPS it's still not the Orioles

Dodgers. Having Seager and Grandal on my fantasy team made me keenly aware of their woefulness against lefties :laugh:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Marcus Stroman: 6th best xFIP and 5th best xFIP- out of qualified starters. I guess that guy isn't important.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Chris Davis .216 vs Lefties.
Mark Trumbo .173 vs Lefties (.284 vs Righties).
Adam Jones .218 vs Lefties (.280 vs Righties).

I guess those guys aren't important.

Mmm and how do those players and their teammates slug against, say for example, against a guy like Francisco Liriano over the course of their careers? Paint me a picture.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Yes. But you've established that your thoughts on a lot of things that fans think and do and say doesn't jibe with most of the fanbase believes. So I suppose the bigger question is whether it even matters?

I guess I'm just of the view that's fans and media should concern themselves with who is on the team now and not worry about who is on the team next year until the offseason, which for the Jays could be as soon as about 4 hours from now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yes, Jamie. I remember that start in 1978 when I was negative years old.

Unless you're assuming that your average viewer is 40 years old, chances are the bulk of your audience doesn't remember that...

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cox just called Stroman the Jays #3, Zaun agreed, McCown just went ahead and downgraded him to #4...all this after referring to the Tillman as the O's #1.

#weareTorontoandweknownothingaboutbaseball

Even saying that, #1-5 of team A isn't relative to #1-5 of team B. I'm also sure the O's would have rather had Gausman pitching this game, but like the Jays used their best to secure the right to play tonight.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Orioles RBIs vs Righties = 537.
Orioles RBIs vs Lefties = 515. (corrected for lower AB vs lefties)

So that stat isn't impressive ...

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Cox just called Stroman the Jays #3, Zaun agreed, McCown just went ahead and downgraded him to #4...all this after referring to the Tillman as the O's #1.

#weareTorontoandweknownothingaboutbaseball

You can't see an argument for putting Sanchez, Happ, and maybe Estrada above Stroman?

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Stroman has been the Jays best pitcher since the beginning of August and would be the Orioles Ace.

He just lost to the Orioles.

We aren't playing "all the teams"
We are playing the Orioles.

And they pretty much have his number.

Tillman - 4-0 vs Jays
Stroman 1-3 vs Orioles.

vflhtt.jpg

in b4 Win and Losses "aren't important".

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Tillman - 4-0 vs Jays
Stroman 1-3 vs Orioles.

vflhtt.jpg

Naw man I'm just gonna let you keep digging that hole you're digging.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I guess I'm just of the view that's fans and media should concern themselves with who is on the team now and not worry about who is on the team next year until the offseason, which for the Jays could be as soon as about 4 hours from now.

You're also of the view that fans are "closer to parasites than patrons" and that they have no business concerning themselves with or criticizing the performance of the front-office or on-field performance. And that "a lot" (but apparently not the majority, because such a pedantic distinction is important) and a lot of other things that don't align your views with the majority of other fans and tend to come across as haughty, abrasive, and contemptible toward how said other fans conduct themselves. So what I'm saying is that 1) yes, you probably are the only person on here that thinks the way you do, and 2) given the significant disconnect between your thought process and what most others here believe, that your belief is probably not of any real impact on anyone here.

But that's just me.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
50% of Canada is against Stroman starting.

That's because 50% of Canada takes the garbage that some of these analysts spew on TV as fact.

Can we just have Shi talk about the Jays on TV all day instead?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Tillman - 4-0 vs Jays
Stroman 1-3 vs Orioles.

vflhtt.jpg

box scores don't tell the entire story.

That's some horrible BABIP luck for Stroman.

Baseball is a game where things tend to even out. Those balls find gloves rather than finding holes and his numbers look much better.

Tillman might be 4-0 but the jays hit some long fly balls against him this year that just missed going out. A couple of those leave the yard and Tillmans numbers would look terrible against us this year.

Baseball is a game of luck sometimes more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad