The Citadel
IUEMgqd.png

wCqp3YD.png

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/kevin-pillar-hit-a-stupid-home-run/

:amazed::amazed::handclap::handclap:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Any player (unless they're an idiot) is going to say they enjoy playing for a team. Especially in this day of social media, where you're going to have to deal with the lunatic portion of that team's fans.

I was never sure why people figured that Price was anything but a rental who would wander on his merry way after the season.
That isn't what he said, that is what was leaked after he signed with the Red Sox, and he never said it himself. Its been pretty well known that we didn't even enter the bidding for him. We told him to explore the market and never gave him a strong initial offer in the confusion of what was happening after AA left. AA would of kept him, Shapiro had no intention of doing so. The belief was he would of signed if we matched the Cardinals offer. His agent said we flat out didn't offer him a deal, and we never refuted that report. Kaplan of ESPN reported in March he would of signed for less than the Red Sox's deal. Maybe its spin, but I don't think Price is being disingenuous. Either way, its working for us right now, our rotation looks very strong.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Before anyone bites my head off, hear me out

I think Stroman should start game 3

Here's why, first he'll be on his normal rest. 2nd, both pitchers are going to get the chance to pitch in a win and advance game, unless whoever pitches game 3 wins we advance. So Sanchez will get the opportunity to pitch in a game to get us to the ALCS regardless, unless Stroman already gets the job done. Why not use Stroman first, and if he gets the win you save Sanchez's innings for the next series and hopefully the WS. I fear if he pitches this series, and then twice in the ALCS we're gonna get to the WS if we do and he'll be approaching 210 innings and they'll say, nope he starts game 4 and only gets 1 WS game.

If you use Stroman first, you give yourself the oppurtunity to get the series done without using Sanchez, and if it doesn't work you have Sanchez going in a win and advance game anyway. Both Sanchez and Stroman will get to pitch unless the first 1 wins so they order isn't a big deal.

If it were 1-1, or 0-2 down then yeah get him out then in the crucial game 3 to go up 2-1 since there's gonna be a game 4 anyway or get him up there in the 0-2 elimination game for us knowing to advance we have to go through games 4 and 5 too. But up 2-0 he'll get a game if we need him bu we have the oppurtunity to save him.

The only real hypothetical downside is momentum. You throw Sanchez out there Sunday he shuts down the Rangers and it's done, you throw Stroman out there and they win they start gaining confidence into the game against Sanchez, but honestly I don't really feel like that's a big issue.

ok, now that you've heard me out feel free to bite my head off

I just don't see why you throw off a guy's routine (as he's known that he would pitch on Sunday since Wednesday) for the chance to save 6 innings out of him.

The better alternative is to continue to start Estrada and Happ ahead of him, as then the only way he pitches twice in a series is if it goes 7 games which historically happens about 38% of the time. Which means that there is only a 14% chance he would even make five starts if the Jays got to the World Series. And of course, there are worse alternatives than having the AL ERA champ out there for a Game 7 against the other team's #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad