Diablo IV

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Have a level 60 Sorcerer and 25 Rogue. The Sorc is great right now but some content creators are saying it falls off badly in the late endgame. Hopefully it’s not too bad because it’s fun to play. Rogue is fun but it feels really difficult to control on console. If/when I get the PC version I’ll probably enjoy it more.

I'm playing a rogue on PC and it's a blast.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Just been rolling Thorny Necromancer basically watching enemies prickle themselves from attacking my army is pretty funny at lvl 52 right now on the t2 world super fun with a party of 4 since my build does take a solid minute to kill a big boss alone.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This is practically an unkillable Necro build. I have yet to die from it.

That dude's configs in T2 dungeon action

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is practically an unkillable Necro build. I have yet to die from it.

That dude's configs in T2 dungeon action

For me the goal isn't to not die because that's really easy to do, it should be to actually have the ability to focus things down quickly so you can play efficiently and not spend enormous amounts of time in one dungeon.

I played a summoner necro during the beta and since launch have tried the bone spear and bone spirit. I'm pretty sure I like bone spear better than bone spirit, but bone spirit does an insane amount of damage. The downside is that it uses all of your essence so there's a lot of running around trying to get that refilled before you can attack effectively again. None of the secondary abilities, corpse explosion, etc. does enough damage at tier 4 with the gear I have.

There was an interesting build I saw that focused around a weapon that does frost damage for a necro and it looked really interesting but I haven't found the weapon yet to try it out.

Last edited:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
For me the goal isn't to not die because that's really easy to do, it should be to actually have the ability to focus things down quickly so you can play efficiently and not spend enormous amounts of time in one dungeon.

I played a summoner necro during the beta and since launch have tried the bone spear and bone spirit. I'm pretty sure I like bone spear better than bone spirit, but bone spirit does an insane amount of damage. The downside is that it uses all of your essence so there's a lot of running around trying to get that refilled before you can attack effectively again. None of the secondary abilities, corpse explosion, etc. does enough damage at tier 4 with the gear I have.

There was an interesting build I saw that focused around a weapon that does frost damage for a necro and it looked really interesting but I haven't found the weapon yet to try it out.

I'm playing Bone Spirit and the one downside, which is a major one, is that it's awful against single targets (not including bosses and elites). If I end up in a dungeon with a "kill all monsters" objective I tend to leave. Chasing individual archers around and waiting for 8+ second cooldowns is exremely tedious. Is bone spear better in that sense? How is it against bosses?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm playing Bone Spirit and the one downside, which is a major one, is that it's awful against single targets (not including bosses and elites). If I end up in a dungeon with a "kill all monsters" objective I tend to leave. Chasing individual archers around and waiting for 8+ second cooldowns is exremely tedious. Is bone spear better in that sense? How is it against bosses?

I have the same issue with Bone Spirit. There's some low level minion running around and I have to pop all my essence to take him down. Same thing happens when I run into barriers out in the world.

Bone Spear was definitely better against straggling targets because it doesn't consume all of the essence and would usually kill the minion fast enough. The difference is spirit is a single right click to make everything die and bone spear takes a few clicks. Bone spear was more forgiving but did less damage. Haven't switched back to spear yet at my current level of~63 and I switched at around 50 or so.

No issues with bone spear against bosses, it might even be slightly better in some instances because there's less waiting around.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How do people play Hardcore? That sounds so stressful.
Have not tried in DIV yet but loved it in D2 and D3. Once you get good at the game it's not all that more difficult though dying because of a server error or something out of your control on Blizzard/Bnet end really sucks as they will not revive you no matter what

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Not enjoying barbarian as much as I did in the beta.. guess I should have checked the changes prior to starting at release :laugh:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I have the same issue with Bone Spirit. There's some low level minion running around and I have to pop all my essence to take him down. Same thing happens when I run into barriers out in the world.

Bone Spear was definitely better against straggling targets because it doesn't consume all of the essence and would usually kill the minion fast enough. The difference is spirit is a single right click to make everything die and bone spear takes a few clicks. Bone spear was more forgiving but did less damage. Haven't switched back to spear yet at my current level of~63 and I switched at around 50 or so.

No issues with bone spear against bosses, it might even be slightly better in some instances because there's less waiting around.

Yeah, barriers frustrates the hell out of me. Can always jump over it from the horse, but then the horse is on cooldown.

Gonna try out bone spear for a bit today then. Respec costs are not that bad.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah, barriers frustrates the hell out of me. Can always jump over it from the horse, but then the horse is on cooldown.

Gonna try out bone spear for a bit today then. Respec costs are not that bad.

Let me know how you like it. I'm going to play a bit more with spirit and try to find a specific weapon before respecing again.

Reactions: Buck Naked

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Finally finished the campaign and getting into the level 50’s. Went from minion spec’d to sacrifice and back to minions lol. Some bosses were really annoying to fight just on my own and then started to have a lot more fun having the minions again so think I will be sticking with this build for a while

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not enjoying barbarian as much as I did in the beta.. guess I should have checked the changes prior to starting at release :laugh:
I know and the changes were not even at launch but about 2 weeks after launch the did a mini update that nerfed stuff for barbs and sorcs if I recall.

Here is a question has anyone tried PVP yet? Heck is it even available yet as I have not even bothered to look into as I concentrate on learning the game etc.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I know and the changes were not even at launch but about 2 weeks after launch the did a mini update that nerfed stuff for barbs and sorcs if I recall.

Here is a question has anyone tried PVP yet? Heck is it even available yet as I have not even bothered to look into as I concentrate on learning the game etc.

I've done a little PvP. There are some issues with it from my minimal exposure. There are specific regions that have PvP enabled and you'll be warned when you enter them (everything is red too I think).

The major is that you can run into groups of four people when you're playing with less than that, creating an unfair fighting situation. My group of four were wrecking everyone that came near us, over and over again. It was fun and it's definitely interesting but I can't imagine getting steamrolled by a group is that enjoyable. I was the weakest of my group but still added more an additional set of skills opposing players would need to deal with and that seems unfair. The fact that there are minions adds to the tactical side of things a bit because you can wait for certain windows to engage or run away.

I do like that you have to collect and then extract things (can't remember what they're called) and that adds a bit more fun and purpose to doing the PvP.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Its weird to see blood mist and corpse explosion both be used on the same bar. Earlier I was using them both but just used the aspect that lets blood mist trigger corpse explosion(rather than actively use it) for me. But I reworked everything to focus a lot more on the darkness passives and shadowblight which is kind of dumb since Kalen's edict feels so meh compared to it especially when you pick up the aspects that buff shadowblight.

After deciding on what I want to go for I ended up focusing mainly on Thorns/Minons Thorn%- All Stats- Intel and then Minion Life/Attack speedish stuff to have great clear and tankiness while having all minions out. I was clearling nightmare T20 rather easy and quick at 59.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

The floating ghouls can be modified for freeze. I’ve got five of them and they do a solid job.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Really want to play this game, especially because the guys I usually play with are playing, but I can't bring myself to pay $90+tax for a game anymore...gamepass has spoiled me (and being an adult with other responsibilities has made me question my spending!)
I caved.

Now to make sure I play it enough to justify how much I spent...which shouldn't be hard, I'm only an hour and a half in and already blown away.

I have to remind myself not to skip cut-scenes, I've been playing so many roguelikes and indie games in general that either have bad or inconsequential cutscenes (Hades aside) but the ones I've watched in D4 are amazing.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Found the weapon I've been looking for, Bloodless Scream, and did a respec last night. It's interesting but nothing is really being frozen and that's a bummer. I do okay damage but it requires a lot of spamming, much different than Bone Spirit. The main source of damage for me is corpse explosion it seems since I'm using the Howl from Below gloves. I get the first corpse, tendril, and then pop a million corpse explosions off. I have some gear that turns other Bone Storm into a darkness skill so that does additional damage as well.

I've seen people online mention there isn't a viable build with it but I'm still experimenting and hoping I can get something that works. Running around just doing bone spear/spirit is pretty boring and I'd like a little more variety.

The lack of diversity in viable builds PvE is actually a big turn off for me. Running around doing the same dungeons with the same build over and over and over again without the option to try other things won't be good for the end game. With the way they structured skills I'm not sure there will be a big shift with this though. Being locked into just four skills is really strange since you can end up with more skills than that and I don't think there's a way to quickly switch between them like in D2 even if it'd be more helpful.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It takes soooo long to level. I just want to be in Tier 4 lol who wants to boost their good ol' HF pal? haha

I caved.

Now to make sure I play it enough to justify how much I spent...which shouldn't be hard, I'm only an hour and a half in and already blown away.

I have to remind myself not to skip cut-scenes, I've been playing so many roguelikes and indie games in general that either have bad or inconsequential cutscenes (Hades aside) but the ones I've watched in D4 are amazing.
The early game cutscenes and the end games cutscenes are the most important to the story, so you should be fine if you're missing some mid game story. Still good the whole way through, there's a few cutscenes that just incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00