Diablo IV

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Necro feels really good. I'm going to have a hard time picking out a class to start out with.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Day 2 they seem to have fixed the connection issues. Only trouble I'm running into now is that I'm level 25 and all the gear that drops is level 13-16. But I'm not too worried about that until Launch Day. Pretty solid Diablo game. I just hope they don't force us to group up for end game dungeons like in Eternal.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Necro feels really good. I'm going to have a hard time picking out a class to start out with.

Necro needs a nerf. I played it yesterday up to level 24 and it was a cake walk the entire time. I barely had to use any healing potions, barely ran out of essence (mana), and wrecked everything I came across in no time at all. Sorceress was more challenging for sure and even that was fairly easy.

That said, I didn't get to experiment a ton with the Necro and feel like it could be a ton of fun to play even with some nerfs.

Day 2 they seem to have fixed the connection issues. Only trouble I'm running into now is that I'm level 25 and all the gear that drops is level 13-16. But I'm not too worried about that until Launch Day. Pretty solid Diablo game. I just hope they don't force us to group up for end game dungeons like in Eternal.

The item drop rates are wonky because they're trying to get everything to drop during the beta. I was geared up with legendary items because they dropped so frequently but that won't be the case when the game actually launches.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Overall I had fun both weekends of the open beta. Can't wait for the final product in June, if it's not pushed back in good ole Blizzard tradition lol.

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Overall I had fun both weekends of the open beta. Can't wait for the final product in June, if it's not pushed back in good ole Blizzard tradition lol.
The game plays great. I tried at least a bit of every class other than the Rogue and all felt really fun to play to me. The game looks great and honestly I got more into the story with just that one act than I did all of diablo 3.

I know there was a lot of fretting about class imbalances and such. I’m not particularly worried about it. We will probably be seeing balance changes to the game for years to come.

I do have a few complaints though

Monster level scaling is unfun. I believe it’s mentioned in the Kripp video but it basically punishes you for leveling up. You can go from level 9 to 10 and you’ll be actively weaker until you find gear upgrades. It’s not rewarding.

It does feel like there is going to be a lack of customization for character builds. Granted we only saw to level 25 and didn’t even see paragon boards. But it doesn’t seem like there is a tonne of freedom to make unique builds other than cookie cutter ones it looks like blizzard wants you to play by equipping the 3 or 4 legendary powers that buffs a specific skill.

I don’t want something as complicated as Path of Exile, which is a great game, but is frankly too bloated with basically a decade worth of additions and patches and new features. But I see a skill system like the one in Last Epoch which essentially has a skill tree for every skill and feels so interesting and approachable and I just can’t help feel like the diablo 4 team could push it a bit further than they have and still land on the side of approachable for more casual gamers.

I’m definitely going to play the shit out of it though. Can’t wait to play it more on release and really dig into it

Reactions: beowulf

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The game plays great. I tried at least a bit of every class other than the Rogue and all felt really fun to play to me. The game looks great and honestly I got more into the story with just that one act than I did all of diablo 3.

I know there was a lot of fretting about class imbalances and such. I’m not particularly worried about it. We will probably be seeing balance changes to the game for years to come.

I do have a few complaints though

Monster level scaling is unfun. I believe it’s mentioned in the Kripp video but it basically punishes you for leveling up. You can go from level 9 to 10 and you’ll be actively weaker until you find gear upgrades. It’s not rewarding.

It does feel like there is going to be a lack of customization for character builds. Granted we only saw to level 25 and didn’t even see paragon boards. But it doesn’t seem like there is a tonne of freedom to make unique builds other than cookie cutter ones it looks like blizzard wants you to play by equipping the 3 or 4 legendary powers that buffs a specific skill.

I don’t want something as complicated as Path of Exile, which is a great game, but is frankly too bloated with basically a decade worth of additions and patches and new features. But I see a skill system like the one in Last Epoch which essentially has a skill tree for every skill and feels so interesting and approachable and I just can’t help feel like the diablo 4 team could push it a bit further than they have and still land on the side of approachable for more casual gamers.

I’m definitely going to play the shit out of it though. Can’t wait to play it more on release and really dig into it

I wonder if they'll cap certain areas. Act 1 monsters being level 50 seems odd to me. Do they grant the same experience as monsters in other acts? If yes, why not just max out your level in the first act? If no, why would you ever go back to earlier acts to play?

I'm not opposed to it leveling in some way, and it might impact players' ability to rush others effectively too, but it could use some tweaking.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I started with a Barb in D3. I think I'm going to go Sorcerer for D4 to start. I'll make all of the classes eventually. I really want to try a Rogue, but I'm playing on PS5 and I don't think I'll be able to control their movements well enough to get the most out of it.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I never typically play melee/up close/tanky characters however I liked the Barbarian play from the beta. Plus if they boost it a little bit in the finished version that also helps. Barb it is for first run through.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
For anyone who cares or would be interested in cosmetic skins, KFC has codes for weapon skins. Looks like you may have to order the food from the website or the app for it to apply?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad