Diablo IV

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Started up a fire/Lightning Sorc build and played for a few hours yesterday. I have actively avoided any class discussions and theory crafting builds because I like to figure things out on my own. It’s early, but the build is working pretty well thus far. I’m overwhelmed at the amount of content. Having so much fun. Ran into one bug/glitch/server issue so far. In a dungeon when there were a ton of enemies on the screen at once I would press the button to attack, it would make the sound of that attack, but nothing would happen for a few seconds. Almost died but managed to escape and the game righted itself. At least I think it was a server error/lag and not some sort of debuff. No clue. It sucked regardless.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Only got to play for about two hours since it took forever to figure out the license issue but wow. What a game. Started with the rogue and it is a lot of fun.
Indeed there is just so much to learn on this one, from the skill trees to the mechanics to the multitude of ways to craft....going to take a while but so far it's fun to learn and play.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Absolutely loving it so far. On Act II and will be playing this for the majority of the weekend once I am off work.

Reactions: beowulf

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Druid - Werewolf or Werebear?
Pick your favorite or do both. There are talents that cater to swapping between the forms. I won't really know until I get to end game what actually works. I'm having fun with werewolf. I hope to get the legendary that turns the wolf companions into werewolves as well.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My favorite thing is the map stays the same, it was annoying in D2 where if you left a game and came in, you'd have to discover the whole map again.

My least favorite thing is the dungeons, if you have to go back in, the entire thing resets.. even in the same game.

Light Watch we got there early, beat the Den Mother, then came back thinking we only needed one journal, had to do it a 3rd time over.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This game has brought back a ton of nostalgia so far this weekend

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Went with Necro for my first and enjoying it up to lvl 29 so far. Started with bone/minion build and now have dropped the minions. Patch just came out though and stuff already getting nerfed/buffed

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sorcerer is pretty fun. I'm in Act V. don't know if I'll go to 100 with this character or beat the campaign and start a new character(probably a Rogue). I can't remember the last game that I was so hyped for and actually delivered exactly what I was hoping for. God of War Ragnorok I guess. Either way, having a ton of fun with it and can't wait to get into the endgame and see what that's all about. I have avoided pretty much all discussions of the game so I have no clue what awaits, but I'm very excited.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Still really enjoying the game so far. Hit 51 last night and I'm on Act V.
I'm already thinking of what to level next, and currently I am debating between Druid and Necro I believe.
Now that the game is open for everyone I hope that people are able to log in without any issues and can play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Beat the game last night on my first playthrough so am playing with the third tier content now. Lots of options that I still haven't explored or attempted yet. Playing a Necro to start with and it's been pretty fun. Having an issue with resource generation but I think that's because I don't know what I'm doing yet.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Beat the game last night on my first playthrough so am playing with the third tier content now. Lots of options that I still haven't explored or attempted yet. Playing a Necro to start with and it's been pretty fun. Having an issue with resource generation but I think that's because I don't know what I'm doing yet.
I’m feeling that too. Hoping there’s some stuff I can tweak once I get to that point

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m feeling that too. Hoping there’s some stuff I can tweak once I get to that point

The nerfing/buffing has definitely created some issues for me, but those sort of patches are expected this early. I'm waiting to fully commit to a build because I don't want to be wasting resources on something that is going to get nerfed in two days.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Been taking my time, only lvl 28 as I have been waiting for a buddy to get the game so I am not too far ahead of him when he finally does. Though I told him if he does not get it by tomorrow all bets are off and I am opening up the leveling!!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Really want to play this game, especially because the guys I usually play with are playing, but I can't bring myself to pay $90+tax for a game anymore...gamepass has spoiled me (and being an adult with other responsibilities has made me question my spending!)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Have a level 60 Sorcerer and 25 Rogue. The Sorc is great right now but some content creators are saying it falls off badly in the late endgame. Hopefully it’s not too bad because it’s fun to play. Rogue is fun but it feels really difficult to control on console. If/when I get the PC version I’ll probably enjoy it more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad