Rumor: Dhaliwal: Canucks Big Game Hunting, Canucks trading 9th Overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
2nd line on Vancouver - I don't see them breaking up Boeser, Petey and Miller. He would play with Horvat and Hoglander on the Canucks 2nd line.
you say that like it's a bad thing.
I know you hate Benning and because this stupid site refreshes before you can finish long posts all I will say is we have been re-building since 2017, you guys can argue that but it's pretty obvious until the twins retired that wasn't an option. He has set this team up next season with 40+ million in cap with the entire core signed basically. The team will have 4-5 ELC contracts this season with a bunch more over the next 3-4 seasons. This team can easily absorb 15 million in contracts by moving money that was going to open up next season. Haters always point to Sakic who lets be honest had a lot more to work with yet hasn't gone any further in the playoffs, has failed to capitalize on the enormous cap space he had, has done zip after the mid-first round of the draft and now may lose his captain. Look who the guy inherited and the multiple top 4 picks along with real assets to move and yet he gets love, Benning loss Toffoli because of a flat cap and banners are literally flown over the city.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'm fine with trading our for immediate help, whether it be in our top 6, our RHD. As long as the return fits our salary cap and core age group.

Reality is that the Canucks, with a couple of solid moves, and none of the covid BS they dealt with last year, they very well may be the 2nd best team in the division.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
What else you adding? Because I wouldn't trade Reinhart for #9 straight up, much less add. You'd be lucky to get a player of his caliber out of that spot in this draft.
Reinhart is not a need for Van, hence why most Canuck fans would not do a 1 for 1 swap. Hence why Jokiharju would be someone to include because it addresses a need.

Plainly put, I don't think there is a fit with Van at all.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
I'm fine with trading our for immediate help, whether it be in our top 6, our RHD. As long as the return fits our salary cap and core age group.

Reality is that the Canucks, with a couple of solid moves, and none of the covid BS they dealt with last year, they very well may be the 2nd best team in the division.

It really wasn't the team catching covid. The Canucks were one of the few teams in the North that was going to do worse based on their previous play against teams in thay division. Losing EP made things even worse.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Reinhart is not a need for Van, hence why most Canuck fans would not do a 1 for 1 swap. Hence why Jokiharju would be someone to include because it addresses a need.

Plainly put, I don't think there is a fit with Van at all.

True. But Benning.... I think Reinhart would be a great addition (and totally worth it) if the Canucks were set on defense. They aren't. They need to address that before anything. They'll get better returns per dollar by doing so. I don't see them being great trading partners.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What else you adding? Because I wouldn't trade Reinhart for #9 straight up, much less add. You'd be lucky to get a player of his caliber out of that spot in this draft.

You can say that about pretty much any draft pick for player swap. That's how they work.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
really? you wouldnt do Reinhardt for #9OA straight up? interesting
If we had more than 3 D one of which wants out signed for the season then maybe it would make sense. But since the blue line is so barren, it makes no sense to trade 9OV for another forward- especially when in last years draft we didn't pick until the 3rd round and Jimbo has also already moved out pur 3rd & 4th this year plus next years 3rd. He better make the damn pick instead of killing the future of the team to save his own ass.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
It really wasn't the team catching covid. The Canucks were one of the few teams in the North that was going to do worse based on their previous play against teams in thay division. Losing EP made things even worse.

It was all of those. Crazy schedule at the start---16 games in 25 days in 6 cities. 24 day break in the middle, with a bunch of players getting real symptoms, then 20 games in 30 days to finish up. And our best player out for half the year. Canucks always struggle against the Jets and the Eastern teams, even in a good year.

I don't say that to make excuses, it was what it was, should have been managed better. Many of those variable go away next year, I expect far better. Our division includes the 3 re building California teams, an expansion team that as of now looks like an expansion team, the Oilers who have made some curious moves and the Flames.

With a few good moves, we should be in the mix for one of the 3 divisional spots.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Why not trade a pick in a year where scouting has been extremely difficult? The Canucks have a decent core with a couple of good prospects on the way. If this move makes the team significantly better then why not make it.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
It was all of those. Crazy schedule at the start---16 games in 25 days in 6 cities. 24 day break in the middle, with a bunch of players getting real symptoms, then 20 games in 30 days to finish up. And our best player out for half the year. Canucks always struggle against the Jets and the Eastern teams, even in a good year.

I don't say that to make excuses, it was what it was, should have been managed better. Many of those variable go away next year, I expect far better. Our division includes the 3 re building California teams, an expansion team that as of now looks like an expansion team, the Oilers who have made some curious moves and the Flames.

With a few good moves, we should be in the mix for one of the 3 divisional spots.

I agree. Canucks are a playoff team next year unless Benning literally does nothing on defense and keeps Holtby.

Reactions: BCNate

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
If you’re moving the 9OA pick we need a RHD, that’s the move. Trading it for Reinhart seems like a desperate move. I’d rather take the BPA and keep the prospect pool flowing.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
The Canucks have like ZERO cap space. is that so hard to understand?
And no, it isn't easy at all to get rid of dead contracts and Benning is cheap as **** and practically never buys anyone out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad