Rumor: Dhaliwal: Canucks Big Game Hunting, Canucks trading 9th Overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Well we’re already deep in ****. So why not go in just a little deeper.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I just have a feeling it's OEL.

That said, Reinhart would be a nice addition for you guys. I think he'd fit well.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Benning, the gift that keeps on giving... except for Canucks fans. Quite odd in my opinion since their draft record is pretty good. Does he still have the depth chart wall?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Which players worth 9th other than Reinhart?
Fiala, who Russo's been insisting is 50/50 to be moved for some dumb reason. I'm not sure if it's Guerin's dumb reason or Russo's. It'd be weird to trade him for a pick unless they were planning to include it in a package for Eichel, since it sounds like Adams wants another in the top-10.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'll believe it when I see it.

We are now at the stage of "atleast 3 picks in the top10 are firmly in play". From those 3 picks usually 1 gets traded every 5-7 years. Rest of the time its just media people trying to hype up the draft event.
Exactly. Every year I hear how teams are willing to move their 1sts and then when it comes down to it they don’t. I don’t expect to see moves.

Reactions: Belisarius

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Hurts to say it, but maybe Fiala.
Zero interest if he is after a huge pay day which was rumored earlier in the off season. The Canucks can not commit huge cap to a second line winger (assuming the lotto line stays in tact #6/#40/#9).

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
A defenseman, maybe..?

IDK. If Schmidt is likely gone, and Hamonic hasn't signed yet, they probably need a veteran RD. They can't really get one in FA, the options aren't good and no one can count on Hamilton to sign with them.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zero interest if he is after a huge pay day which was rumored earlier in the off season. The Canucks can not commit huge cap to a second line winger (assuming the lotto line stays in tact #6/#40/#9).

Information on the dollars side of things seems a bit iffy. The only real stuff seems to be a holdup on the term from Guerin's side.

I don't know what you'd consider "huge cap" and "huge pay day" though.

Reactions: Bazeek

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I just have this gut feeling, not based on much, that Benning wants Seth Jones

He might but I don't see a world where Seth Jones is willing to sign an extension with the Canucks as part of a deal and I doubt even Benning is dumb enough to give up #9++ for 1 year of Jones.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
He might but I don't see a world where Seth Jones is willing to sign an extension with the Canucks as part of a deal and I doubt even Benning is dumb enough to give up #9++ for 1 year of Jones.

If he’s feeling the pressure and needs to save his job he might do it and worry about it after.

This line of thinking applies to any GM feeling pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad