Rumor: Dhaliwal: Canucks Big Game Hunting, Canucks trading 9th Overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
That’s a significant portion of the top 10 picks in the history of the organization. With the Joulevi puck being obviously wrong the second is slipped out of the mouth at the podium.
Not really he was up there in the much drafts.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
9th overall + Eriksson's contract

for

Tyler Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi will probably get paid 4 mil but it iproves Vancouver's top 6 and frees up some money for Vancouver to buy a defenseman.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm officially scared. What does Benning consider a big fish?, better not consider players like Ristolainen a big fish. This could be a disappointing draft day for the Canucks.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I'm officially scared. What does Benning consider a big fish?, better not consider players like Ristolainen a big fish. This could be a disappointing draft day for the Canucks.
Benning would consider Ristolainen a foundational piece

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Not really he was up there in the much drafts.

not sure what rock you had been hiding under at that draft but matthew tkachuk was clearly the right choice with that pick and everyone knew it. Pre draft ranking last don’t matter when someone falls to you as a gift and it’s obvious.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Information on the dollars side of things seems a bit iffy. The only real stuff seems to be a holdup on the term from Guerin's side.

I don't know what you'd consider "huge cap" and "huge pay day" though.
Unless his ask is dumb they could fit him in this year and going forward. If Nate gets traded the only contract we have above six million is whatever Petey signs for.
It doesn't fit the narrative here but Vancouver will have a lot of cap room next season like 40+ million with only Brock to re-up. Team also has a very deep amount of ELCs this season and beyond, sure after Rathbone, Hoglander, Joulevi, Dipietro and possibly Woo and Gaj there might not be many high-end names but their are still a bunch of kids that project as bottom six and bottom D. When you look at teams that have an elite core that maintains competitive they always seem to be able to plug holes with cheap internal players, Bruins do it the best I think but lots of teams over the years have stayed competitive with that formula.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Benning, the gift that keeps on giving... except for Canucks fans. Quite odd in my opinion since their draft record is pretty good. Does he still have the depth chart wall?

The problem with Benning is the pro scouting, either than that the drafting is good.

Except for early in his tenure.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I think he has had permission to speak with Seth Jones this last week and theres a trade place with Canucks and CBJ as long as Jones agrees to an extension. However, since no deal has been announced, I think Jones doesnt want to sign in Canada in particular.

9th OA
2022 3rd rnd pick
Nate Schmidt
Dipietro

for

Seth Jones - extended
Extended at what cost? 9OV + Schmidt is enough, and may be a gross overpay if were looking at a 10-11 million a year contract

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The contours of a deal are probably 9OV + Beagle for Reinhart or 9OV + Eriksson for Buchnevich.

I mean, its not terrible, even though I would much rather address our defense if we trade the pick.

Last edited:

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
The contours of a deal are probably 9OV + Eriksson for Reinhart or Buchnevich.

I mean, its not terrible, even though I would much rather address our defense if we trade the pick.
I was thinking same thing about Reinhart. If they can sign him to contract. At 25 years old he is a perfect age to sign a long term deal and still progress throughout the whole term.

I would easily do this if I were Benning and be willing to add a little more. No guarantees 9OA will do anything.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Reinhart should be a Canuck in under 3 hours.

Buffalo could have 4 picks in the top 15 if they move Eichel and Reinhart...has a team ever had that many top picks in 1 draft? I know Boston had 3 in a row and messed that up royally looking back on it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad