Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Vancouver would gave zero interest in this

It’s literally been reported by one of their guys that they would be interested in that. Well, Schenn hasn’t been mentioned but he’s minor.

Feb 19, 2018
Poolman is the exact type of Dman that jumps into a system like Pittsburg and flourishes! 3 more years at $2.5 isn’t the end all be all and definitely workable. I do see a scenario where we get Marino in the deal and Poolman goes the other way. If Poolman got $2.5 x 3 the contract wouldn’t be so bad and that exactly what it would be for Pittsburg. The whole team had a stretch of terrible play under a mediocre coach/system. He isn’t as bad as some think and could easily eat up some minutes in the 16:00 range.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Poolman is the exact type of Dman that jumps into a system like Pittsburg and flourishes! 3 more years at $2.5 isn’t the end all be all and definitely workable. I do see a scenario where we get Marino in the deal and Poolman goes the other way. If Poolman got $2.5 x 3 the contract wouldn’t be so bad and that exactly what it would be for Pittsburg. The whole team had a stretch of terrible play under a mediocre coach/system. He isn’t as bad as some think and could easily eat up some minutes in the 16:00 range.
We don’t need tucker poolman.

also, H.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018

Wait, are you actually JR?

Feb 19, 2018
It’s literally been reported by one of their guys that they would be interested in that. Well, Schenn hasn’t been mentioned but he’s minor.
In Vancouver he is $850,000 signed for one more year playing a top 4 role. He’s not minor at all, he’s one of the league leader in hits and performs at a level way above his cost. He’s basically the toughness on Vancouver with Hamonic.

Reactions: Cogburn

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hate hearing rumors like this because I get excited about the prospects of adding a scorer like Boeser, but know deep down that instead the Pens will just add a 3rd liner and call it a deadline.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
I hate hearing rumors like this because I get excited about the prospects of adding a scorer like Boeser, but know deep down that instead the Pens will just add a 3rd liner and call it a deadline.

If you guys are really interested in Boeser, and are willing to part with Marino for him, I don't see why something couldn't happen. God knows we need quality RD.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If you guys are really interested in Boeser, and are willing to part with Marino for him, I don't see why something couldn't happen. God knows we need quality RD.

The problem is so do the Pens. I'm not against moving Marino, but the Pens have no capable replacement for his role if they do. Pens are more LD heavy, but don't really have anyone who can take over the 2RD spot.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
The problem is so do the Pens. I'm not against moving Marino, but the Pens have no capable replacement for his role if they do. Pens are more LD heavy, but don't really have anyone who can take over the 2RD spot.

I wouldn't mind giving up Hamonic in a bigger deal. He's had a weird year, and his contract isn't amazing (if he's playing to his ability it isn't terrible), but he is what I'd consider a middle pairing guy. We could retain on Boeser to help you guys stay cap compliant, as Boeser's current contract ends after this year.

Schenn could be another option for you guys. He's played really well along Hughes this year and he's less than a mill.

I'd offer up Poolman too, but I doubt you would want to touch his contract. Honestly, he's a cap dump.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

poolman sucks. Idk why ur selling it any other way

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Meh I am fine moving Marino, he's not as good as his rookie year so maybe a change of scenery could do him wonders. Boeser and Schenn for Marino+ I am fine with, we then go after Manson from Ducks? in a Petts deal and our D becomes

Dumo-Letang
Matheson-Manson
Friedman-Schenn
Ruh

Looks solid and physical to me.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

This makes the both respective teams to be bad trading partners as both have the same needs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

You're not limited to only making 1 trade, though. You can acquire Schenn in the main deal and then use the saved cap space to go after a rental like Manson at the deadline.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think it's worth a new thread, but the fourth period mentions the big two of Toronto and Montreal to the mix of teams interested, along with New Jersey, LA and Pittsburgh.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lots of report lately out of Van that Boeser is the main piece that will be shipped rather than Miller.

Would not mind Kapanen but I think if Boeser is moved a Dman is coming in return whether thats from Pitt or not we shall soon find out.

So he's just doing fourth period rumour spreading like the usual muppets we see with this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad