Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lots of report lately out of Van that Boeser is the main piece that will be shipped rather than Miller.

Would not mind Kapanen but I think if Boeser is moved a Dman is coming in return whether thats from Pitt or not we shall soon find out.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hope not from a Van point of view. Would rather see if he'll resign at a reasonable rate than go after Kap.

Reactions: The Sweetness

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Kap, Zucker, picks and prospects are available. I don't think the Pens risk breaking up this defense right now with how well they are clicking.

Reactions: Hamurai

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Unless the + in the deal is significant (and I mean better than Kapanen by some margin) this would be a terrible deal for Vancouver. Kapanen has had every opportunity to play with good player, the PP, the PK and he has never really excelled. He is proving that he doesn't think the game very well and has long lapses in concentration and effort level. Hearing this has caused my ulcers to flair up and I don't even have ulcers!

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like the idea but the problem is the cap and how you'd make that work.

If it is a given that Rust is leaving after the year, signing Boeser this off-season makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: orby and DRAGO 18

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Kap, Zucker, picks and prospects are available. I don't think the Pens risk breaking up this defense right now with how well they are clicking.

I could see a 3 way deal where Boeser ends up with Pens and Canucks get better Dman prospect than what Pens can offer at the moment.

Reactions: TySmith4Norris

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What is the status of Vancouver's defensive prospect pool? I think Kapanen and Joseph (POJ to Penguins fans) for Boeser may make some sense for both sides if Vancouver would need a defenseman with POJ's skillset. POJ is pretty similar in play style to Marino (strong skating and good puck moving DFD), he's just a LD instead of a RD. Penguins fans have heard murmurs that the team isn't too enamored by POJ, mostly because he brings a skillset that is ultra redundant with who else the Penguins have on defense.

The Penguins have Dumoulin, Matheson and Pettersson as big money defensemen on LD, plus Friedman has looked fantastic in every game he has played for the Penguins so far. There just isn't really a position for POJ unless they trade one of their more expensive defensemen. I would totally do that, specifically with Pettersson, but it may make more sense to trade POJ for actual value over dumping Pettersson for a comparable contract.

Reactions: BoysofWinter66871

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What is the status of Vancouver's defensive prospect pool? I think Kapanen and Joseph (POJ to Penguins fans) for Boeser may make some sense for both sides if Vancouver would need a defenseman with POJ's skillset. POJ is pretty similar in play style to Marino (strong skating and good puck moving DFD), he's just a LD instead of a RD. Penguins fans have heard murmurs that the team isn't too enamored by POJ, mostly because he brings a skillset that is ultra redundant with who else the Penguins have on defense.

The Penguins have Dumoulin, Matheson and Pettersson as big money defensemen on LD, plus Friedman has looked fantastic in every game he has played for the Penguins so far. There just isn't really a position for POJ unless they trade one of their more expensive defensemen. I would totally do that, specifically with Pettersson, but it may make more sense to trade POJ for actual value over dumping Pettersson for a comparable contract.

Canucks pretty much only have 1 good D prospect and that's Rathbone, an offensive LHD.

We actually could use a defensive LHD to play 3rd pair behind OEL and Hughes, but we would probably prefer a more physical/rugged/PK type guy.

RD is virtually bare from the top of the organization down. Immediate need is a defensive RHD partner for Hughes (COUGH TANEV COUGH), but when it comes to RD prospects we'd probably take anything of value.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Canucks left side has Hughes (not going anywhere realistically), OEL (not going anywhere because he is over paid for for way too long) and Jack Rathbone is our top prospect right now who is also a good skating puck moving LHD. Kap + POJ for Boeser would be a loss and a slap in the face to any Canuck fans that thought a new management group would mean that Vancouver wouldn't be making ignorant deals that are clear losses before the paper work is even finished.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I'll laugh if Vancouver punts at the deadline. There's been so much rumor and speculation from Vancouver media posted that you could call this sub-forum Canucks Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.
As a Canucks fan, I would have no issue if the Canucks set high prices, they aren't met, and the Canucks end up not moving a significant piece.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'll laugh if Vancouver punts at the deadline. There's been so much rumor and speculation from Vancouver media posted that you could call this sub-forum Canucks Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk.

It's pretty wild. Until we actually see half the roster turnover on deadline day I'm going to file most of it under a perfect storm of new hockey ops leadership and local media absolutely catering to an audience which really only has the trade deadline action to look forward to this season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Canucks left side has Hughes (not going anywhere realistically), OEL (not going anywhere because he is over paid for for way too long) and Jack Rathbone is our top prospect right now who is also a good skating puck moving LHD. Kap + POJ for Boeser would be a loss and a slap in the face to any Canuck fans that thought a new management group would mean that Vancouver wouldn't be making ignorant deals that are clear losses before the paper work is even finished.

I mean, based on what is that a "clear loss" for Vancouver? Kapanen's peak value is a 1st and a B level prospect, based on what Rutherford traded for him about 2 years ago. Do you think POJ plus that value for peak Boeser is unfair value? I don't think it is. And if you try to say "Kapanen's not at his peak value right now because he's having a bad season", I can say the exact same thing about Boeser too.

Ironically, Kapanen is actually out-producing Boeser at ES this year, both in goals and points.

Reactions: TySmith4Norris

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
It’s going to be hilarious when Rutherford gets burned on a Boeser trade by PIT for Kapanen like every Penguin has said is a possibility and ever Canuck fan says will never happen.

Would not mind Kapanen along with picks and prospects.

I like his speed an only 25 yrs old.

However, like most Canuck fans, there are numerous other players and teams id rather trade Boeser to before i settle on the Kapanen train.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
As a Canucks fan, I would have no issue if the Canucks set high prices, they aren't met, and the Canucks end up not moving a significant piece.
Motte and Halak are our only 2 UFAs of any value. I don;t think we will get much for either, andI'd love to re sign Motte if possible.

Holding and letting the season plays out is a likely outcome, and then re evaluate prior to the draft. No rush of any sort for the Canucks to do anything if they aren't getting the deals they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad