GDT: Devils vs. Leafs - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
80% of teams in a playoff spot by American Thanksgiving end up making the playoffs.

At end of play today we currently occupy the final wild card spot in the East and are in a points tie with Columbus (also in a wild card spot).

We did all of this while 3 of our top 6 players started the season cold as ice, and we lost our star forward a week ago.

Team is better then the naysayers predicted no matter how you slice it.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
80% of teams in a playoff spot by American Thanksgiving end up making the playoffs.

At end of play today we currently occupy the final wild card spot in the East and are in a points tie with Columbus (also in a wild card spot).

We did all of this while 3 of our top 6 players started the season cold as ice, and we lost our star forward a week ago.

Team is better then the naysayers predicted no matter how you slice it.

When does Hall return?

Hall + last night Cammalleri would be huge.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
They showed some pride last night, which is a good thing. Thank goodness Cammy and the Frenchman returned or we lose again. Hynes need to return Zacha to third line center or send him to Albany. The kid looks lost. Most of all Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Devil fans. God Bless!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They showed some pride last night, which is a good thing. Thank goodness Cammy and the Frenchman returned or we lose again. Hynes need to return Zacha to third line center or send him to Albany. The kid looks lost. Most of all Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Devil fans. God Bless!

He can't go to Albany though. If we send him down it's back to the OHL, and then we can't call him back up until Sarnia's season is over.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cammalleri - Zajac - Lappin looked decent, i'd keep that line together for a while.

When we get healthy i'd like to see:

Hall - Henrique - Palmieri
Cammalleri - Zajac - Lappin
Bennett - Zacha - Parenteau
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP
JJ / Boucher

Nice down play.

Yeah I agree with you...Cory had some near puckhandling snafus and I didn't so much like the trickler that went through him on goal #4, two-on-one or not he's had a lot of half speed pucks get through him lately. I was nervous for the rest of the game with him but he came up huge in the shootout.

I didn't neccesarily think Hynes was playing for the shootout - but throwing out Zajac and two defensemen in the OFFENSIVE zone for a faceoff was...interesting.

But Cory was also much more aggressive with the puck. 2 long breakout passes, (one of which felt like total frustration after watching his d-men pass it back and forth to one in another for 30 seconds while on the PP) that was key in the Devils entering the O-zone.

He also had another pass in there somewhere which I felt was something we would not have seen in years past. Def an aspect of his game that he has put time into.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
The lines that I want to see when Hall is healthy
Hall - Zacha - Palmieri
Cammalleri - Zajac - Lappin
Bennett - Rico - PAP
Boosh, JJ
Greene - Severson
OV2 - Santini
Moore - Quincey
Lovejoy
Schneider
Kindkaid

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen

I'm mean what a you reasons for saying this about Zacha. I know points wise he a little low but look at he's game. He doing so many great things. He's serving right and left and he's teammates keep putting the puck wide or on the goalie. He's drawing penalties, back checking like a pro. Wait for him to explode when he gets good players on he's wing. A lot better as a center then a winger.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zacha was incredible last night.

It really is a shame that both he and Lappin came out of that game without a point. They both deserved at least a couple points.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Geez was Steve stoned last night? Not only did Cammalleri make a save but Zajac scored "at the doorstep" when he was 15 feet away even though Auvitu scored the goal.

Last edited:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Hall-Henrique-PAP
Cammalleri-Zajac-Lappin

Should be the top six for a while

Lappin is playing himself right into palmeri's spot he is hard on the puck and has a knack for scoring.

last nights game was in my opinion almost a season saving win... they showed fight, they got camm back from the dead and found a new top six right winger....and if bennett continues to play well and start scoring right wing isn't such a horrible position on this team... great game they showed fight hopefully something to build off of, and i think its safe to say the Rock is gonna be a tough building

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Zacha was incredible last night.

It really is a shame that both he and Lappin came out of that game without a point. They both deserved at least a couple points.

Lappin was instrumental on both goals... Zacha played one of his strongest games in awhile...gonna need him during this stretch without hall..... Avuitu is also a key player at this point....

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Geez was Steve stoned last night? Not only did Cammalleri make a save but Zajac scored "at the doorstep" when he was 15 feet away even though Auvitu scored the goal.

He's not the commentator we want, but he's probably the one we deserve.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

At one point the camera was on Lou Lamoriello and Cangy described him as 'the second year general manager of the New Jersey Devils'

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
if bennett continues to play well and start scoring right wing isn't such a horrible position on this team...

he still has that injury thing in the back of his head.......and if true to form......just as he gets over it, and starts putting points on the board...bam! back on ir.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Like I said in the other thread I think Lappin is more of a poor man's Langenbrunner. That's so slight at all either. I think he's more skilled than Clarkson(10x the skater) and although he can agitate, he's not quite Clarkson in that department when it comes to getting under the opponents skin. He's a hell of a player though he generates a lot of shots or at least attempts, does all the little things and goes to the front of the net. What is there not to like about Lappin? I might be forgetting someone but when was the last time we signed a college free agent who was so effective so soon, Andy Greene?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Like I said in the other thread I think Lappin is more of a poor man's Langenbrunner. That's so slight at all either. I think he's more skilled than Clarkson(10x the skater) and although he can agitate, he's not quite Clarkson in that department when it comes to getting under the opponents skin. He's a hell of a player though he generates a lot of shots or at least attempts, does all the little things and goes to the front of the net. What is there not to like about Lappin? I might be forgetting someone but when was the last time we signed a college free agent who was so effective so soon, Andy Greene?
Probably Rafalski and Madden. Greene took years before he turned into the defenseman he is today; back in 2007-2008 people hated him.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Well, the Leafs color guy also mentioned Zajac's "incredible release" so there may have been something going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad