Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The other thing I was SO HAPPY about was Monty taking a timeout.

I can't tell you how many times have asked why we have not used our timeouts. Cassidy would never do it. I am SO GLAD Monty did.
It's almost like he maybe learned something from last year.
My biggest concern was that he'd do the same things that he
did last year round one against the Panthers.
When the TML came back from 3-1 down I though "here we go again."
But, he conferred with Jon Cooper and another coach (can't remember who)
and he adjusted.
The timeout was a huge surprise as are some of the other changes that he's
made in his approach. We shall see.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It's almost like he maybe learned something from last year.
My biggest concern was that he'd do the same things that he
did last year round one against the Panthers.
When the TML came back from 3-1 down I though "here we go again."
But, he conferred with Jon Cooper and another coach (can't remember who)
and he adjusted.
The timeout was a huge surprise as are some of the other changes that he's
made in his approach. We shall see.
Cooper and Babcock

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Swayman still has a long ways to go to put him in the same boat as Rask, but I love the way he has been planning since his Bruins debut.
His 308 wins / 2.21 GAA and .921 SVPCT are def. HOF stats.
Thing is he's better this year than last year (when he was good) and he's still young so he can still get even better. There's still huge potential upside with him.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I wonder who said what and why it was so funny. :laugh:

Or is he just goalie crazy.
IIRC Freddy tried to clear the puck from the crease while on the PK just as Swayman was trying to get his glove on the puck, and Freddy's attempted clearing almost bounced in off another player....but thankfully Swayman managed to pounce on the loose puck with 8 guys piled up in the crease

Swayman was probably laughing at Freddy while telling him "nice try, but next time leave the friggin pucks in the crease for me" :laugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just let that idiot Bourne know via twitter he don't know shit.All he did was say Bruins no chance.Now it's Florida was eating grapes a week to now saying 4 straight wins a gentlemen's sweep.How the hell is idiots like him on TV?..?..Told him & Kypreos they should be covering Ringette

Last edited:

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Lots of confidence in this thread. Strong game almost all around (with the exception of faceoffs), but we're only 25% of the way there. Boston can most certainly win, but I'm expecting Florida to come out stronger in subsequent games.

There was so much talk of the Panthers destroying whoever came out of the Bruins/Leafs series so I think its just people seeing this Bruins team can at least hang with the Panthers and make it a competitive series with a legit chance of advancing. Don't think anyone will be super mad if we end up losing the series but having hope is nice.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
See Wayne Gretzky. Gretzky didn’t have straight line speed but his maneuverability and agility are right up there with anyone who ever played the game.
If Gretzky had taken the hits Pasta has taken, Gretzky's career would have been a lot shorter.
I remember a game where the BRUINS were playing Edmonton and a BRUINS D-man hit Gretzky near center ice. A powerful clean hit that sent Gretzky down. The result of that hit was 2 minute penalty on the D-man.
That BRUINS player broke the NHL rule that states you don't hit Gretzky.

Reactions: BMC and bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If Gretzky had taken the hits Pasta has taken, Gretzky's career would have been a lot shorter.
I remember a game where the BRUINS were playing Edmonton and a BRUINS D-man hit Gretzky near center ice. A powerful clean hit that sent Gretzky down. The result of that hit was 2 minute penalty on the D-man.
That BRUINS player broke the NHL rule that states you don't hit Gretzky.
Gretzky was a great player, but he was very protected by the refs and/or his goon squad

If Orr would've been protected like Gretzky was, he would've had a much longer career

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
True.

I look at it this way: This season was completely unexpected, so just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Who knows what might happen???? :dunno: :stanley:
I appreciate this perspective! Looks like the “bridge” that was supposed to be this season turned out to be shorter than anticipated, somehow the spare parts and misfit toys have coalesced into a real team just in time for the playoffs. Always fun to watch a team overachieve and prove the “experts” wrong, hoping for more of the same while knowing the Panthers will push back harder tomorrow night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad