GDT: Devils vs. Leafs - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People must think we're all nuts if they read our GDTs. We were ready to blow everything up after the first period, and now look.:laugh:

Oh I'm sure it was hilarious here. But really it is like this on every board, or the lion's share of them. And honestly I wanted about 80% of the team deported at that point too. Even when we tied the game and then gave up the tie again I thought it was the 2012 Devils in reverse, where instead of giving up the three goal lead and still winning we'd make the three goal comeback and still lose. For some reason the approach changed both times we got the tie, the desperation game plan actually worked better than the normal one.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zacha absolutely does not deserve top line minutes right now.

He absolutely deserves to be moved back to center where he is much more effective and his strengths aren't neutralized. I don't care what line really, he just needs to move back to center.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not that impressed with Zacha either. I thought he looked better in the first 10 games or so.

He's just kind of there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cory has had as solid a game as you can possibly have while giving up 4 goals. He's been great tonight.

I don't know. Seemed like he was fighting it all night.

Yeah I agree with you...Cory had some near puckhandling snafus and I didn't so much like the trickler that went through him on goal #4, two-on-one or not he's had a lot of half speed pucks get through him lately. I was nervous for the rest of the game with him but he came up huge in the shootout.

I didn't neccesarily think Hynes was playing for the shootout - but throwing out Zajac and two defensemen in the OFFENSIVE zone for a faceoff was...interesting.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah I agree with you...Cory had some near puckhandling snafus and I didn't so much like the trickler that went through him on goal #4, two-on-one or not he's had a lot of half speed pucks get through him lately. I was nervous for the rest of the game with him but he came up huge in the shootout.

I didn't neccesarily think Hynes was playing for the shootout - but throwing out Zajac and two defensemen in the OFFENSIVE zone for a faceoff was...interesting.

He also kept us in it in a major way when the score was 3-1 and 3-2, stopping a couple odd-man opportunities to keep the Leafs at 3 at the time. Could have been deadly if either of those went in. Up and down night from him but he came up clutch multiple times and during the whole shootout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would only ding him on the first goal. Not a terrible one, just stoppable. It was from very close range though. I'd say it was stoppable in the same way that the Tierney goal was on Kinkaid the other night. Neither were really bad though.

I didn't like the rebound he allowed on goal 4 either. I usually don't count rebounds against goalies, unless they're particularly terrible ones. Like the one scored on Cory in Pittsburgh 3 years ago in the first minute of the game. I thought the one on Saturday against the Kings was much worse and counted that one against him. Not so much tonight, but it wasn't a great rebound.

Both goalies tonight did not have great rebound control, Enroth's was some of the worst I've seen all season long. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that he barely has played at all this season, it was only his third game all year. But Enroth just isn't a very good goaltender at all. He might have had the best season of his career last year, yet he still only started like 15 games or something and Sutter beat Quick into the ground and didn't even wanna play him. Probably because they know he isn't as good as he was last year.

On second thought, I don't even think I can justify marking the first goal against on Cory. Was a backhander from very close range, not a lot of distance. I thought goal 4 was too much of a rebound. If it flung off his pads or shoulder and went in, I wouldn't have thought it was bad. The fact he had it and lost it, like the one on Saturday, I thought it was a bit weak.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not that impressed with Zacha either. I thought he looked better in the first 10 games or so.

He's just kind of there.

Same here (although it would be nice to have him back at center and Mr. Invisible #14 on the wing)...but speaking of Zacha that embellishment penalty was horse****, not only was he tripped but it looked to me like he took a knee on knee hit to boot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Same here (although it would be nice to have him back at center and Mr. Invisible #14 on the wing)...but speaking of Zacha that embellishment penalty was horse****, not only was he tripped but it looked to me like he took a knee on knee hit to boot.

I forgot all about that call, I believe it was in the 3rd though? Right?

I was thinking on that call ''Maybe that was a mercy call so we can't start another PP drought''.:shakehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
hahahhaha

sportnet 590 going to commercial with quick recap and then say "devils beat leafs in shootout in the swamp"

never change you ignorant idiots

They should have said ''Devils beat Leafs in the shootout, in the swamp and using that trapping system''

I can imagine one of those crackheads claiming we actually trapped them to death. That was one of the more wide open games we've seen this season.

I didn't think it would make it through overtime without a winner.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

He's just kind of there.

Yeah he hasn't really stood out to me lately. He keeps taking himself out of shooting lanes and gets his shot blocked or deflected.

Glad to see Cammy come back and put up a great game. Hope he stays hot. That first goal was a beautiful passing play.

I also loved Hymen tonight for the Leafs. Kid was a monster and was all over us.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I forgot all about that call, I believe it was in the 3rd though? Right?

I was thinking on that call ''Maybe that was a mercy call so we can't start another PP drought''.:shakehead

Midway through the second actually, I was beside myself and surprised you guys were calling him out in the game thread, I was looking at the play from above and had a perfect view of it - this isn't a Blandisi situation. Hell if it was Blandisi he would have gotten the ONLY penalty on that play, even on a knee on knee hit against him.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Zajac was a man possessed tonight, all over the puck.

Unsung hero was DSP, guy was a truck out there. Monster hits and blocks.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It's always interesting to go to the game and then come home and read the GDT. It's like an instant replay. :yo:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Midway through the second actually, I was beside myself and surprised you guys were calling him out in the game thread, I was looking at the play from above and had a perfect view of it - this isn't a Blandisi situation. Hell if it was Blandisi he would have gotten the ONLY penalty on that play, even on a knee on knee hit against him.

Ya I'm not sure where the Blender stuff was coming from, he was pretty clearly tripped and it wasn't really embellishment either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya I'm not sure where the Blender stuff was coming from, he was pretty clearly tripped and it wasn't really embellishment either.

I think it's misplaced annoyance, cause Zacha hasn't been playing well people assumed the worst on that call since they were already predisposed to be dissapointed in him, plus I'm not sure how great the TV replays showed that one depending on camera angles - I'd have to see what it looked like on the broadcast.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
i think zacha's playing fine for a nineteen year old with the linemates he has. I'd like to see him attempt more shots and get more through but other than that I liked his play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
the cliche interview HAS to go. listening to some of them is hard……redundant….stale…

need more craig conroy types.

Are you referring to Toronto radio or Deb on the ice? :laugh:

Her last question to Cammy was typically...odd. Asking 'did you think you saved that shot late in OT'? Well either he did or he didn't, you and the MSG crew can see the tape.

I was really hoping Cammy would ice it in the shootout, but he went with the Elias move with it's 5 percent chance of working lol, but four points and the first star is still a storybook ending :)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Zacha is kind of hard to figure out, which could just be because he's still a kid. He's clearly got the skill to be a good player, but sometimes it feels like he's just kind of...there. And I don't want to make it sound like he's lazy, he just seems more effective when he's aggressive, and sometimes that aggression isn't there. And I don't think it's just because he's playing wing instead of center.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
From the replay that was right behind the net I thought Zacha gave it a little extra there. It wasn't totally blatant,I only noticed on the replay.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Are you referring to Toronto radio or Deb on the ice? :laugh:

Her last question to Cammy was typically...odd. Asking 'did you think you saved that shot late in OT'? Well either he did or he didn't, you and the MSG crew can see the tape.

I was really hoping Cammy would ice it in the shootout, but he went with the Elias move with it's 5 percent chance of working lol, but four points and the first star is still a storybook ending :)

Should of asked how his daughter was so the crowd could shower him with some extra love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad