GDT: Devils vs. Jets - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I agree, but it's more than just the number of goals. It is the timing.

Keith let up 4 the other night...a
****ty goal didn't come until it was 5-1... that is what I'm talking about. If
the first ****ty goal is the first of the game, or gives the opposition a lead going into the 3rd, those are devastating goals. They change the complexion of the game. Those are what Cory are giving up every game.

second wpg goal tonight was the single most deflating goal of this entire season, ainec.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Couldn't agree more... but who do you go to on Saturday? With the **** stats we've seen from Cory over his last 10 games, when do you finally decide to go with the guy that racks in W's?
Cory is due for a 1-2 goal against game, since even the poor goalies (like Schneider has been for almost 2 years) have 1 goal against games/good streaks/even shutouts sometimes.

But I've been saying ''He's due to get on a run'' for the whole week now.

He's so due for a run that I figured he'd at least have a good game on accident by now. Like a good game as in, only 1 goal against, with 3 pucks hitting the post, one hideous giveaway by him on a poor puck handling gaffe where the shooter totally misses on an empty net and hits the glass and we dodge a devastating bullet and the one goal against being a nasty sulfur reeking puck that made it's way up from one of the refineries in Elizabeth that costs him a shutout. But on paper, it's a one goal on 28 shot game and a win.

I'm surprised he hasn't had a game like that just by complete luck, where he plays as bad as he has most nights, but those pucks instead hit the post and not the back of the nets.

By the way, I don't count post hits much, but he had a post shot beat him tonight from the Byrne Arena in the 3rd period where he looked bewildered. Same thing happened to Kinkaid late in the game against the Habs.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh and by the way...with 14 games remaining we broke the 200 goal mark for the first time in 5 years. 201 currently.

2012 was the last time we cracked the 200 mark with 216.

Reactions: Bleedred and mtnet

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree, but it's more than just the number of goals. It is the timing.

Keith let up 4 the other night...a
****ty goal didn't come until it was 5-1... that is what I'm talking about. If
the first ****ty goal is the first of the game, or gives the opposition a lead going into the 3rd, those are devastating goals. They change the complexion of the game. Those are what Cory are giving up every game.
I thought the first goal Keith let in last game was stoppable. Didn't have a chance on any of the others.

The first goal was stoppable the way the first goal on Cory was stoppable tonight. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very good either.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Crazy as it seems, this actually may be the one way they find their way in if they play well enough down the stretch. Philly is having all sorts of trouble right now after being on a really hot run. They’re in trouble too.

With a little luck from the hockey Gods, we just need FLA to have a couple of tough losses and we win a few of our own. CBJ is already right with us, so we'll interchange spots with them potentially either way, but Florida has to catch up. With their games in hand, its possible, but if we merely squeak out another few wins in short term, and if they lose a game or two, the spacing will look a bit better again.

Just need Florida to stop winning (in addition to winning a few of our own)!!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
lol you can’t win around here.

i should have been more specific and said “#1 goalie that we thought was good that we traded for and now he looks horrendous”

So we would be fine if we didn’t trade for him? How do you know we don’t kick a bust like Domi with that pick, or that any of the many things that happened later on to build this current team into even having a playoff chance even happens?

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Annoyed that Cory, our legitimate superstar, or alleged at least, isnt providing the saves when they are needed. These last 5 games have been really tough to bear, as we've lost 4/5 virtually by one goal. We are not receiving that extra effort other teams are getting. Bums out to lose at this point by such a tiny margin. We are still in the playoffs, we can still win our ways on our own to the big dance. We need Cory and our other big guns to step up. Especially goal tending, we've lost so many games due to mediocre goal tending this season.

Reactions: mtnet

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Like who? Who is better that went for this or less? How much do you know house Rykov?

This trade may look bad by seasons end, but I think it was still worth the risk to take it. If Grabner can get hot for a 3 or 4 games span remaining this regular season, that goal production might be enough to get us over the hump of primary scoring production only and give us a breathing cushion.

If team makes playoffs its a different ballgame and anything goes. He might be the guy who scores big goals, who the hell knows.. But if he ends up pointless, we'll be lamenting that wasted potential.... no doubt about it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
So we would be fine if we didn’t trade for him? How do you know we don’t kick a bust like Domi with that pick, or that any of the many things that happened later on to build this current team into even having a playoff chance even happens?

this is just my opinion, but after these last few years do i really have to play this revisionist history game to try and feel better? as in, “well idk if the ‘what if?’ would provide a better outcome so i’ll just fester in mediocrity.”

all i know is the team is on five years of no playoffs, tied for their longest streak since moving to jersey, and currently imploding.

again, i’m no scientist.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Fast, attacking and supportive. Can't draw it on board but it looks great on a Tee or the cover of a game program.

It definitely looks like they forgot the Supportive part of the tactic, at least, defensively "supportive". Haha.

Its more like Fast and attacking, and "don't play sound defense" t-shirt.

Surely you liked "Swarm it up" better, or whatever that 2012 slogan was? At least THEY got the defense right... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad