GDT: Devils vs. Jets - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I said we were in trouble in Jan when our second losing streak happened a weak after we just ended a 6 game losing streak.

The Panthers wont fall off because Lou is looking amazing and is healthy and not tired this year. their D is picking it up finally, and they have some good top 6 players and one of the top 5 players in the league.

They also have games in hand on us.

We'll finish one spot out looking in.

not if you change your tune and give some positive vibes.......

we miss and its all on you. do you wanna be right or see the devs in the postseason?

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
If you're a NHL starter, you aren't letting softies like the Armia goal beat you. Corey is playing like a minor leaguer now and that's what's sinking this team for the past several weeks.

the queen wouldve fanned on that too imo.... but hes a top 5 goalie........ LOL

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The offense was stuck playing catch up under 8 minutes in because of the slug in net. If he only let in that one goal, or lets say he didn't let in a single goal all period, it could have changed how the game was played. He let up that one, then he let up the 2nd goal of the game giving them a 2-0 lead causing us to have to push even more. then we score, then he coughs up another ****ing goal because he's completely clueless as to where the puck was thanks to him not tracking the puck well since his last win. Now we are stuck pushing even harder to try and make up our second two goal deficit of the game thanks to Schneider coughing up another goal against.

If he keeps it a nothing nothing game, or only a one goal game, it's a manageable thing to come back from. He never gave this team a chance to win.

This offense has more than made up for his subpar goal tending quite a lot this season, it would be nice if he could earn his paycheck and start playing like a number 1 goalie, not like he is barely a career backup.

Well to be clear, I’m not happy with Cory. Like at all. He’s not getting the job done and if he can’t up his level and gets the majority of the games moving forward, this team has absolutely no chance. Zero. But in saying that, the offense shoulders blame too because when you generate a significant amount of scoring chances (like tonight) you have to find a way to bury the puck. As much as goaltending is a huge issue so is the lack of finishing. They need to score more. But if I had to pick the bigger issue right now, it’s definitely the goaltending. Cory is incapable of stealing a game at this point. Kinkaid has consistency issues but he’s at least been able to come up big recently. I would have never imagined I’d be saying this but if I’m coaching this team right now, kinkaid is my horse the rest of the way. He’s been the man in the recent wins and there is no time left for Cory to get in a groove. It may never happen anyway.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So it's Hynes fault Corey sucks or it's Hynes fault he couldn't finish that breakaway by Coleman or that tap in goal Boyle missed or that dumb play by Severson that gave them GWG on a golden plater?

We outplayed the Jets, yet our coach sucks?
I still don't think Hynes is good, but he deserves at least one better goalie before biting the bullet.

Bad goaltending gets coaches fired, and that's exactly what Hynes has gotten the last two years from Cory, as well as from Kinkaid this year and Lack for 2 of the 3 games he played.

You know who else got fired over bad goaltending? Chris Terreri....

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
We're in some trouble.

It's time to press the panic button. The brush fire is about to turn into one of those raging wildfires. Frickin Panthers really need to drop off at some point.
You really need to start giving the Panthers some credit. They walked into a tough barn tonight of 14901,
With 14793 of them being rowdy, loud and obnoxious Ole chanting Habs fans, and they blew them out of the building in a very tough road game. They have another rough road match against the Rags on Saturday night, we need to bleed blue for the night and hope the Rags faithful will them to a big regulation two points to help us out.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Well to be clear, I’m not happy with Cory. Like at all. He’s not getting the job done and if he can’t up his level and gets the majority of the games moving forward, this team has absolutely no chance. Zero. But in saying that, the offense shoulders blame too because when you generate a significant amount of scoring chances (like tonight) you have to find a way to bury the puck. As much as goaltending is a huge issue so is the lack of finishing. They need to score more. But if I had to pick the bigger issue right now, it’s definitely the goaltending. Cory is incapable of stealing a game at this point. Kinkaid has consistency issues but he’s at least been able to come up big recently. I would have never imagined I’d be saying this but if I’m coaching this team right now, kinkaid is my horse the rest of the way. He’s been the man in the recent wins and there is no time left for Cory to get in a groove. It may never happen anyway.
This makes sense. Which almost certainly means that coach Amateur Hour is going to ride Cory the rest of the way into playoff oblivion.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
panic
4592DA19-A182-484F-8E04-90E18D5C8E9E.jpeg

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
It's Hyne's fault for going to Cory after he has shown no inkling of being good recently. It's his fault for leaning on the Boyles and Lovejoys of the league for a month and a half and costing us games.

It's his fault for not fixing the PP earlier and getting Zajac and Boyle off the same ****ing PP, which cost us quite a few games in our first big losing streak back in Dec - early Jan.

Kinkaid gave up 4 against the Habs, who's offense is 2nd worst in the east behind Buffalo and they didn't have their Captain to boot.

Don't get me wrong, Cory has been sucking ass in his last 10 games but he couldn't know he'd f*** us again tonight. I'd start Kinkaid on Saturday and I would've give 2 licks about what Schneider would have to say... if you're pissed, fine, make saves and win games.

That Boyle bullshit on the PP is a joke and it needs to stop yesterday, not now, yesterday!

We did however outplay the Jets, so that's why I can't fault Hynes for this loss. If we would've gotten smoked, maybe, but that wasn't the case at all.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It's Hyne's fault for going to Cory after he has shown no inkling of being good recently. It's his fault for leaning on the Boyles and Lovejoys of the league for a month and a half and costing us games.

It's his fault for not fixing the PP earlier and getting Zajac and Boyle off the same ****ing PP, which cost us quite a few games in our first big losing streak back in Dec - early Jan.

I'll blame Hynes for plenty but if you can't go to your #1 now, you can't go to him ever. He has to get his groove back if you want to get in the playoffs. KK can't sustain his play as of late, the body of work prior says he's playing above his skill. Enjoy it when you have to, but don't count on it and defer to him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'll blame Hynes for plenty but if you can't go to your #1 now, you can't go to him ever. He has to get his groove back if you want to get in the playoffs. KK can't sustain his play as of late, the body of work prior says he's playing above his skill. Enjoy it when you have to, but don't count on it and defer to him.

I don't neccesarily blame him for going to Cory off IR (especially when we still had a cushion to play around with) and giving him a few games but now that the hounds are approaching and the margin for error's gone it's gotta be merit-based from here in. The next game is the first one I'd really criticize Hynes for if he didn't put KK in.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

If i had to pin Hynes harshly (or MGMT) on one thing recently is that they shouldn't have rushed Cory into that 1st game back. They threw Cory to the team that was on fire at the time, Florida. Kinkaid had a win thing going, they could have had a guy with more recent practice against FLA and had Cory against Carolina instead on that back to back if they wanted to break Kinkaid's rhythm. It seemed like a bad move at the time to me and still does. If Kinkaid kept winning against Florida, we'd be another game ahead, and Cory may have had different look against a slightly weaker opponent (Carolina), and maybe things would iron out.

Instead we have a broken Cory mentally whose searching for a win in a million games, right at the heat of a playoff cling on for dear life, situation.

Oh well, water under bridge, but i felt that was a severe miscalculation on management or coaching's part.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Couldn't agree more... but who do you go to on Saturday? With the shit stats we've seen from Cory over his last 10 games, when do you finally decide to go with the guy that racks in W's?

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I don't neccesarily blame him for going to Cory off IR (especially when we still had a cushion to play around with) and giving him a few games but now that the hounds are approaching and the margin for error's gone it's gotta be merit-based from here in.

he didnt go to cory tho. he has been back and forth. hes obviously trying to get a goalie competition going.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
This makes sense. Which almost certainly means that coach Amateur Hour is going to ride Cory the rest of the way into playoff oblivion.

Yeah, I don’t anticipate Cory riding the pine. I mean it’s a tough spot for Hynes to be in if we’re being fair. Even if he’s not playing like it, Cory is the #1 here and I think any coach is going to always go all in with the #1 guy. It takes serious stones to default to your backup at this point. Besides, you really don’t know what you’re gonna get with kinkaid either. As a fan, I’m okay with that gamble though. I just have zero faith in Cory right now. His return was supposed to be a shot in the arm. It’s been nothing of the sort. Just the worsening of an already ongoing problem.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's probably gonna take around 92 to make it or at least be on the bubble at this point. I can't exactly see us going 8-6 or 7-5-2 with the way we're crashing.
Even .500 would be a tough ask with this schedule. Nearly every team we’re gonna face is in the playoffs and better than us. Our only realistic chance is either the Jackets or Florida completely crashing.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Schneids looked shaky ASF in the 2nd when it was still 1-0. He fought off a shot that almost squeaked through his arm and body. Looked like an accident waiting to happen, then boom went the dynamite on that second goal. That’s been happening to him a lot the last two years. Back when he was at the top of his game those were pucks that were hitting him in the logo. I bet he had tons of black stains on the white part of the crest back in those days. It’s probably pearly white after games/a practice sesh in modern time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Think about this. The devils could have scored 3 goals in every single one of those games and they still wouldn’t come up with a single win.

Deflecting to “oh if this or that rookie didn’t hit a wall” or “this 3rd and 4th liner could have done more” is ABSURD.
I agree, but it's more than just the number of goals. It is the timing.

Keith let up 4 the other night...a
Shitty goal didn't come until it was 5-1... that is what I'm talking about. If
the first shitty goal is the first of the game, or gives the opposition a lead going into the 3rd, those are devastating goals. They change the complexion of the game. Those are what Cory are giving up every game.

Reactions: New Jersey

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
he didnt go to cory tho. he has been back and forth. hes obviously trying to get a goalie competition going.

Well Schneider is losing that competition on his own and proved it again tonight.

You can't keep on calling yourself out and not warrant a benching for the guy who is giving us 2 pts when dressed.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
If i had to pin Hynes harshly (or MGMT) on one thing recently is that they shouldn't have rushed Cory into that 1st game back. They threw Cory to the team that was on fire at the time, Florida. Kinkaid had a win thing going, they could have had a guy with more recent practice against FLA and had Cory against Carolina instead on that back to back if they wanted to break Kinkaid's rhythm. It seemed like a bad move at the time to me and still does. If Kinkaid kept winning against Florida, we'd be another game ahead, and Cory may have had different look against a slightly weaker opponent (Carolina), and maybe things would iron out.

Instead we have a broken Cory mentally whose searching for a win in a million games, right at the heat of a playoff cling on for dear life, situation.

Oh well, water under bridge, but i felt that was a severe miscalculation on management or coaching's part.

I didn’t think about this to be honest but I think you really brought up some good points. Definitely makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad