GDT: Devils vs. Flyers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
The jump perhaps, but what is he doing circling back up the ice towards Palmieri when the puck is going the opposite direction into the corner?
Well...it is logical he's returning to his proper position at the point as Simmonds is coming down as is the player who previously occupied that point. Gudas should be skating back up top.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The jump perhaps, but what is he doing circling back up the ice towards Palmieri when the puck is going the opposite direction into the corner?

I think that part is actually legit. He was going on the attack but then wanted to bail on it and get back into position. I think what happened was he saw Palmieri and wanted to give him a cheap shot and disguise it by pretending to jump around him (like when guys legit accidentally collide a lot of times they'll jump at the last second) but he did it stupid and awkward and ended up jumping right into KPalms.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well...it is logical he's returning to his proper position at the point as Simmonds is coming down as is the player who previously occupied that point. Gudas should be skating back up top.
I'm not sure how the Flyers typically play beyond the few games against us. Our guys aren't supposed to disengage like that, so I've gotten used to it.

Its a Trap

I'm not sure how the Flyers typically play beyond the few games against us. Our guys aren't supposed to disengage like that, so I've gotten used to it.
I'm not saying that's what he was doing, I'm just saying the correct hockey play would be for him to return to the point. In doing so, he figured he could take out someone dogging Simmonds along the way.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not saying that's what he was doing, I'm just saying the correct hockey play would be for him to return to the point. In doing so, he figured he could take out someone dogging Simmonds along the way.
Correct hockey play for the Flyers perhaps, I don't know how they play. If you watch the Devils, it's very rare for even a defenseman who has jumped up into the play to just disengage and circle back like that. They are expected to support the forecheck and rotate back with the cycle.

Its a Trap

Correct hockey play for the Flyers perhaps, I don't know how they play. If you watch the Devils, it's very rare for even a defenseman who has jumped up into the play to just disengage and circle back like that. They are expected to support the forecheck and rotate back with the cycle.
I'd be pretty pissed if one of our defenseman did that instead of falling back to the unoccupied point leaving a chance for an odd man rush honestly.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd be pretty pissed if one of our defenseman did that instead of falling back to the unoccupied point leaving a chance for an odd man rush honestly.
Our forwards aren't supposed to leave it unoccupied like the Flyers did there. Our entire system is based on layers of supporting players.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Normally I couldn't care less about fights, but damn if I didn't watch Zajac clean Gudas' clock a few times for good measure.

Agreed. I appreciate why they happen but I don't get fired up about them. I was with this one. Seeing Travis so pissed and punching without caring about being exposed was awesome to see. Not upset at all about that penalty. The 2 that caused the 5 on 3 are a different story.

Greene and Severson have fought this year and it was great for the team but those were fights because it was the right thing to do. This fight was Travis just being pissed off after what has happened recently.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know it's easy to pick on Steve, but oh my god, the way his voice raises is hilarious. It's such a genuine reaction. Hilarious.
I feel like a lot of us were in disbelief over it. If you asked us before the game ''Which player do you think is gonna fight Gudas tonight?'' I don't think many people would have guessed Zajac. He might have been like 15th or 16th on the list of most likely players to fight Gudas tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille