GDT: Devils vs. Flyers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol people are really killing Zajac for taking an instigator on Goondas after he nearly KO'ed Palms for good on a dirty play? In the first period?! In what was one of the most rousing moments of the season? It'd be one thing if it was late third period like Nico the other night but come on now, sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war. If the refs aren't gonna call what needs to be called we need to step up and protect ourselves, especially early in the game when there's time to make up for whatever happens.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Also I've been going to games for over 30 years and the Flyers goalie tonight may have been the worst I have ever seen in an NHL game. Like every shot on goal was an adventure, he made Thomas Greiss look like Hasek in comparison.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean jesus **** christ, how does this NOT get a double-digit game suspension? Especially for who it is doing it?

Reactions: Blender

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
From that angle, I don't see how that excuse about him not seeing Palmieri flies.

lol is that what he said? So what the **** was he jumping for then when the play was way away from him, was he trying to bodyslam a fly?

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Gudas really is a piece of shit. Either he meant to throw that hit like Marchand meant to elbow MoJo, or he's just really bad and reckless which doesn't excuse dangerous hits.

And if Marchands excuse for protecting himself didn't hold up, the excuse he was getting out of Simmonds way doesn't hold either. He had the option to stop or turn. Simmonds was going fast enough where Gudas would have never ran into him if he just stopped or turned. Then again he turns like the titanic.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Wow... that Gudas guy is pretty talented. Interference, leaving his feet, and cross-checking all in one motion. Takes talent to commit 3 penalties simultaneously.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
lol people are really killing Zajac for taking an instigator on Goondas after he nearly KO'ed Palms for good on a dirty play? In the first period?! In what was one of the most rousing moments of the season? It'd be one thing if it was late third period like Nico the other night but come on now, sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war. If the refs aren't gonna call what needs to be called we need to step up and protect ourselves, especially early in the game when there's time to make up for whatever happens.

This team gets pushed around a lot. It had to boil over some time. Marchand's elbow comes to mind. It's late, so I can't name them all. But I'm glad finally somebody stepped up to push back. It's not the first time Gudas has cheap-shotted a Devil. Since Zajac isn't contributing much on the scoresheet, he could show veteran leadership to spark the team. Kicking Gudas' ass was cathartic

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
lol is that what he said? So what the **** was he jumping for then when the play was way away from him, was he trying to bodyslam a fly?

It's really no different from Marchand's play on Johansson. I mean, Palmieri wasn't injured, but that was just luck. We have received a grand total of two penalty minutes in return for those two plays. Good f***ing god.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Wow... that Gudas guy is pretty talented. Interference, leaving his feet, and cross-checking all in one motion. Takes talent to commit 3 penalties simultaneously.

It's pretty cool how Miles Wood can get 4 minutes for a nothing crosscheck, but that play is only two.

Oh wait, they apologized for the Wood call, so it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00