GDT: Devils vs. Flyers - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It was nice to see some legit fire after they were pushed around a bit. After Konecny blew up Nico, Wood was starting with him at a faceoff too. They’ve got to show they’re not going to be pushed around, which they did. It was nice to see.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone really think Severson has done much to criticize him for lately? I really don’t see anything, other than I thought he’d have more points than this.

Although I didn’t think he’d have 8 goals 50 games into the season or probably even at all on the entire season.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Does anyone really think Severson has done much to criticize him for lately? I really don’t see anything, other than I thought he’d have more points than this.

Although I didn’t think he’d have 8 goals 50 games into the season or probably even at all on the entire season.

Severson gets a lot of hate but for my money he’s arguably the best defenseman on the team next to Vatanen. Every year there are guys who get dumped on and it’s unwarranted at times. Most of the time.

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I'm sensing a pattern all of a sudden.

Sami has been very solid for the most part. He nearly had a goal in the first driving to the net as well.

Don't look now, but Palms has back to back multi point nights. Time to ride one of those hot streaks!!

26 wins and 60 points on February 2nd. 2 wins (and 2 ROW wins) away from last year's total all season, 10 points away from last year's total as well.

Reactions: Colin226

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I hate gudas as much as anyone. but that isn’t a suspension-worthy hit. it was accidental. the flyer next to palms saw it coming and pushed off, leaving palms right in his path. if it was tyler johnson, it would’ve been fine, but because gudas is built like a stupid ape, palms got rocked. it happens.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sorry, theres no way you will convince me in 1 million years that that was accidental. If he was trying to "get out of the way", why did he leave his feet?

Plus, when you are Gudas, you lose the benefit of the doubt

Reactions: glenwo2

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Sorry, theres no way you will convince me in 1 million years that that was accidental. If he was trying to "get out of the way", why did he leave his feet?

Plus, when you are Gudas, you lose the benefit of the doubt

My thought process is that those kinds of accidents don't just happen to random players in the league. People were trying to say Marchand didn't see Johansson.... Gudas didn't see Palmieri.... You don't see just anyone ACCIDENTALLY taking someone's head off. Even if both didn't mean to injure the opponent, it's careless, reckless, and disrespectful how they play the game.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Regardless of intent, if you decide to launch 200+ pounds into the air in such a reckless fashion, you are asking for bad things to happen. We're lucky Palmieri wasn't concussed with how his head slammed against the ice. I'm not sure how the rules work, but doing something so dangerous and careless should result in a suspension even if it was accidental.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Love this quote too from Sevy:

"That's awesome. Travis a character guy. He's a guy a lot of these guys in this room look up to," Severson said. "He doesn't say much, but he just leads by example. He just does every little thing right, and it was good to see him step up like that. He's not afraid to do that. Good ol' Western Canadian boy."

Reactions: TaiMaiShu

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I had said it right after the game that Coleman really stood out with a nice game and after the Zajac fight he was hitting everything in sight.

He was really into that fight too. I noticed on one of the replays he was either cheering Zajac on or yelling at Gudas while they were fighting.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Whether the Gudas/Palmieri situation was accidental or not doesn't matter and is besides the point. The more important thing is the team immediately responded in his defense to put the notion forth that they won't be able to take liberties. Not the first time we've seen it with this group.

Don't be surprised if some things come about against Boston/Marchand on the 11th. It was the end of the game and didn't seem like many guys saw what happened because of what was going on to the side of that hit in front of the net with seconds left in the game which could explain why nothing was done given the past history of this group sticking up for one another.

Reactions: MadDog172430

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario

Lately no. I do notice him still going for fly-bys and getting stuck behind the play on ill-advised pinches that haven't lead to any goals, so he's getting a pass for it right now. If they led to goals then its a different story.

I too am shocked at 8 goals, but very few have been from the point, which is where his shot and selection of shots is poor. I think last night's goal could have been scored by any defenceman on the team. That pass from Zacha was the best part of the play. His points are still low and his time on the PP still hasn't amounted to much (2 assists in 75 minutes of time).

I still hate every time I see him pinch and Hall is the guy that has to drop back and cover for him. 100 times out of 100 I want Hall down low, not covering the point for Severson to be down low.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Marchand is definitely going to get some sort of response on the 11th. I can't wait to be there to witness it.

It's about time he answers the bell from someone.

Camille the Eel

You've got to wait your time on Marchand and take it in the flow of the game. The time honored NHL tradition of taking the guys' number and waiting. The moment will present itself.

Bravo Travis Zajac last night. Brought tears to my eyes. He played a fine game besides that, moving the puck fast and on the tape to more fleet footed wingers headed up ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->