GDT: Devils vs. Flames - 9:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Let him not go at all given how terrible his lifetime SO percentage is. It's as if Hynes doesnt take that into consideration at all, I mean, I have to assume he doesnt.

Stafford's another example, yes he's 2 for 2 this season, but his lifetime percentage is a non-impressive 33%.
33% is above average for a shootout percentage, expecially for a guy with as many lifetime attempts as Drew. I'll take that anyday. Who else would you have gone with?

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Let him not go at all given how terrible his lifetime SO percentage is. It's as if Hynes doesnt take that into consideration at all, I mean, I have to assume he doesnt.

Stafford's another example, yes he's 2 for 2 this season, but his lifetime percentage is a non-impressive 33%.
what players do you think on the Devils have a higher percentage than him?
Stafford has the highest at 33%

The rest of the Devils who have more than 1 shootout attempt hover near Hall's percentage.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think 33% is the average in shootout. I remember Stafford was like under 30% percent before his first attempt this year.

Did he go in all 3 shootouts this year so far? I forgot if he went in both of the first two. I feel like he did.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How's Zacha been playing lately?
Okay

Just not getting enough ice time. I don't have the TOI stats for this game (thanks again NHL app! You're f***ing horseshit tonight!) but he's been averaging barely any more ice time than last year, and he's producing right around where he was last year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The way Hall is playing this year I can't really blame Hynes for using him in the shootout every time. It's also not like we have 2-3 guys who are great at it that are sitting for him. We used Stafford, who has been money this year, and Bratt, who had the beautiful first shootout goal. The only other real options are Nico and Zacha. Maybe he should try Zacha to force him to shoot the damn puck instead of passing it.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Okay

Just not getting enough ice time. I don't have the TOI stats for this game (thanks again NHL app! You're ****ing horse**** tonight!) but he's been averaging barely any more ice time than last year, and he's producing right around where he was last year.
His linemates haven't exactly helped his cause. At least he looks like he's trying.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Okay

Just not getting enough ice time. I don't have the TOI stats for this game (thanks again NHL app! You're ****ing horse**** tonight!) but he's been averaging barely any more ice time than last year, and he's producing right around where he was last year.

He's been top 6 in ice time these last 2 games. I think it's more so a lack of ice time with talented players

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Hynes hasn't fallen into the ''Henrique in the shootout'' trap. He used him in his first shootout as head coach here, and he scored. Then he used him again, and he didn't score, and he hasn't used him again.

I really think one of the most underrated factors in Pete losing his job as head coach here, was how often he used Henrique in shootouts. We were punting a lot of shootouts by letting him rack up that many tries, even up to his very last game as Devils head coach.

I'm dead serious. I doubt there's many players in the league with at least 10 shootout tries career, that have a worse shootout scoring percentage than Henrique.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
At least Hynes hasn't fallen into the ''Henrique in the shootout'' trap. He used him in his first shootout as head coach here, and he scored. Then he used him again, and he didn't score, and he hasn't used him again.

I really think one of the most underrated factors in Pete losing his job as head coach here, was how often he used Henrique in shootouts. We were punting a lot of shootouts by letting him rack up that many tries, even up to his very last game as Devils head coach.

I'm dead serious. I doubt there's many players in the league with at least 10 shootout tries career, that have a worse shootout scoring percentage than Henrique.
Reminds me of when Langenbrunner had that one season where he used the same exact shootout move everytime and scored which really inflated his percentage. Then the following seasons they kept using him over and over again even though goalies had already figured him out.

Reactions: Oneiro and Bleedred

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
We didn't play that well, but the puck luck was just not on our side tonight.

Going 1-1-1 on this road trip with the lineup we are icing is pretty damn good.

Another thing is this: Santini is our best defenseman. There's no one I trust on the ice more than him. What a gem. He was sorely missed tn

Reactions: MadDog172430

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's been top 6 in ice time these last 2 games. I think it's more so a lack of ice time with talented players
Well before tonight, his icetime per season was an average of 14:36. I might be wrong, that it wasn't including last game either. I can't remember, but I do remember it was 15-20 seconds more than his TOI last season.

I know he had 1 game where he only played 4-5 minutes, a few weeks back, where he was benched against the Rangers.

For what it's worth, his relative corsi and fenwick were positive, last I looked. I'm not a blind follower of these stats, and there's always exceptions like Jacob Josefson and various other assorted scrubs around the league. It's not necessarily indicative of being a scorer or snakebitten, but Zacha has already showed quite a bit more offense than Josefson. He produces 27-ish per 82, while Josefson produces something like 17 or 20 per 82?

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Go on a youtube spree than and actually watch. He is so controlled and seems to always have a plan when doing them. Personally I would run with Stafford, Bratt, and Nico as my 3 for a shootout
Not so sure about Nico there. i'd rather have Palmieri when he's back go. I agree with the other two though.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Well hopefully Lovejoy’s game tonight buys him some slack and an edge over Prout moving forward. I’d actually prefer to never have to see Prout play another game for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad