GDT: Devils vs. Flames - 9:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was also pleased with Mueller tonight. He has now strung together a few solid games, which is really good news.

Butcher had his worst game, but that is just something you live with.

Reactions: RNCDevil

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
We missed some chances that we just can't miss. Gibbons after Zacha forced a turnover and Hischier after Smith's rebound, they should've buried those chances. Can't complain much, though. The team is fun to watch and keep scoring goals, lots of promising rookies, the defense is bad but that was well expected... need to keep adding these mobile Ds like Butcher and hope Santini and Severson take the next step to become good top4 defenders.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Not the result we wanted, but we escape Canada with 3 points with 3 of our better players injured. Could've been worse

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh god, these 9-3-3 posts are starting to become the new “Every team in the Metro besides us, is a playoff team” and “Pete and Torts make sure they have their teams ready to play, because they wanna beat us” posts. :laugh:

Reactions: Blender

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
What has changed with this team where they can only get 2.5 power plays out of three games? The Oilers played a pretty spotless game the other night... but the Devils being as fast and relentless as they hae been should be drawing more penalties.

Oh well... no shame in going 1-1-1 on a tough trip like that. They just need to come home and get ready for a tough match-up with St Louis. We REALLY need Palmieri and Mojo back and for Zajac to get healthy.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Glad that others share the same perspective on this trip. It really is one of the hardest runs of the season, and to be down important players on offense and still come away the way we did is certainly a success.

This week at home is a big test. Tomorrow night is going to be a tough one but we should be able to come after the Oilers and Panthers on our home ice. I'll be there tomorrow and if we can stay competitive with the Blues, then that will speak volumes.

Fingers crossed for a positive Palmieri update today.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
What has changed with this team where they can only get 2.5 power plays out of three games? The Oilers played a pretty spotless game the other night... but the Devils being as fast and relentless as they hae been should be drawing more penalties.

Oh well... no shame in going 1-1-1 on a tough trip like that. They just need to come home and get ready for a tough match-up with St Louis. We REALLY need Palmieri and Mojo back and for Zajac to get healthy.
In my opinion it’s a combination of our speedier forwards being out draining some of the ability to draw penalties and the refs slowing down on the slashes. It’s just like a few years ago when they were calling obstruction on the D-men for slowing down the forecheck. They called it for the first month and then buried their whistles.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Three points from those three games is a success IMO. That's the most exhausting road trip of the year.

I think this one in March takes the cake. That Pittsburgh-Tampa back-to-back at the end is going to be rough.

upload_2017-11-6_10-7-33.png

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
Really hate what I’m seeing from zacha to be honest. Is he a serviceable nhler? Sure, but for 6OA he is absolutely a Next to nothing player offensively. He hasn’t shown anything. Think there were much better options than pav at the draft, and that was contes last mistake for this team. Bratt however somewhat makes up for it

You surly cant be serious? Guy is 20 years old and being shuffled throughout the lineup due to injuries yet still set up a few chances and played very good defense. Not to mention he's been paired with Hayes and Boyle (both who are very slow in transition). At the time of the draft there was no other offensive player that should have been chosen over Zacha, and if we went defense the board would've exploded. How about we give him more than 82 games before we call him a "next to nothing player offensively".

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh god, these 9-3-3 posts are starting to become the new “Every team in the Metro besides us, is a playoff team” and “Pete and Torts make sure they have their teams ready to play, because they wanna beat us” posts. :laugh:

Nah. I think they reflect a mini-celebration about how much better the team is than last year. Finally the fan base can poke fun at things like this. I don’t think anyone watching the team right now expects the free fall of last year’s edition of the Devils so drawing a silly parallel is just that.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You surly cant be serious? Guy is 20 years old and being shuffled throughout the lineup due to injuries yet still set up a few chances and played very good defense. Not to mention he's been paired with Hayes and Boyle (both who are very slow in transition). At the time of the draft there was no other offensive player that should have been chosen over Zacha, and if we went defense the board would've exploded. How about we give him more than 82 games before we call him a "next to nothing player offensively".

Yes he is and stop calling him Shirley. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
In terms of quality of competition, you're right. But I was thinking strictly in terms of travel.

I meant in terms of travel. Playing the three California teams is almost the same travel as Western Canada, except we have to stop in Nashville and Las Vegas on the way there and Pittsburgh on the way back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I meant in terms of travel. Playing the three California teams is almost the same travel as Western Canada, except we have to stop in Nashville and Las Vegas on the way there and Pittsburgh on the way back.

Yeah really there is no difference except we seem to have a little more success on the WC trip than the Western Canada swing. But that stretch is brutal, usually the California trip is its own entity and not sandwiched by Nashville and Pittsburgh.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
everyone should be "happy" going 1-1-1 on this trip but honestly they did leave a point on the table in calgary is it a big deal? not so much in the standings as it is a mental thing imo. you could even argue if cory makes that save on the 3rd oiler goal that maybe the devils are in that game too.

its not a bad trip considering everything but "settle" isn't a good word either

Camille the Eel

The SH goal allowed was soft by Kink.
He has to stop that.
The Flames break was 2 of their guys on three of ours but nobody took the shooter coming in behind. The shot then wrong footed Kinkaid and was low on the ice against his grain. Not really a soft goal, but all the same a save you want him to make because it's a turning point in the game. It's not always the saves themselves but when the goalie makes them. That one hurt.

Still he did make a bunch of game savers at other times. I give him a B+ on that game, he was hung out to dry on a lot of breakaways not to mention a penalty shot. We really are leaky with the turnovers right now. I wonder just how many serious turn overs we made last night. Seemed like a pile of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad