Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

He looks like he’s been told he has to serve another tour in ‘Nam and he’s running point on thr next recon. I understand why the team named him captain but he wears the weight of thr world on his shoulders and is so emotional in his own quiet way. He’s very young for that level of responsibility.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Everyone is going down to Carolina. Let's see what Ruff decides to do tomorrow. I'm gonna assume he will go with a veteran heavy lineup and hopefully play Schmid. If we win tomorrow atleast we can get 1 more home game to really push to get back in the series. All we gotta do is win 1 game and take it from there. It will be the hardest game of thr playoffs tho 100%.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
there is a place by me that adds a marinade to its burgers of something that includes at least some soy sauce and Worcestershire and I’m sure some other stuff. It is really tasty and amps up a standard burger .
When I was in Charlottesville I was told to go to Jack Brown's....inside was a like a dive bar with nothing but craft beer and burgers ..

They had some crazy stuff. I usually like more traditional burgers. But this place was very good.

I had the Dr. Gonzo my wife had the a the Thursday special called "When in Rome"

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't disagree with the rest of your point, but I think there's a pretty decent difference between a Dawson Mercer hit and a Jesper Bratt hit lol
Neither guy is going to be inflicting much damage. The ‘hits taken’ stat I guess is more indicative of how often these players have been willing to take some contact to make a play. Bratt has taken 25 to Mercer’s 9.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
there is a place by me that adds a marinade to its burgers of something that includes at least some soy sauce and Worcestershire and I’m sure some other stuff. It is really tasty and amps up a standard burger .
Soy sauce and Worcestershire sounds interesting very good. I know my mother-in-law uses both in meatloaf and it's very good.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This time two years ago Mercer was playing in the QMJHL playoffs.

Just saying.
That and it’s not like Mercer can’t learn how to improve his game , learn how to be effective in the playoffs etc. He is still filling out and will get his man strength here soon. I just think people need to give a few of our guys some time here .

Pretty sure Blackwood is not starting next game . I say so because we just hired him here at my work ….
But honestly , this kid we hired reminds me so much of Blackwood lol . He’s like 6’5” too
C21500AB-FF5E-48A1-AEC1-61FC7FC85B29.png

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Soy sauce and Worcestershire sounds interesting very good. I know my mother-in-law uses both in meatloaf and it's very good.

I think they may add a bit of molasses or maybe some brown sugar as well. It’s a great base to build off. That Gonzo burger would work for me

hilarious timing...... just finished a bbq'd late dinner... 7oz onion and gouda burger (butcher made) perfect juicy....many a burger all over the world have been ruined by turning them into hockey puck by over cooking.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
hilarious timing...... just finished a bbq'd late dinner... 7oz onion and gouda burger (butcher made) perfect juicy....many a burger all over the world have been ruined by turning them into hockey puck.
So dude...what up with Canada? I might have have mentioned this but when I was in Banff they wouldn't cook my burger medium rare...said it was against the law

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
hilarious timing...... just finished a bbq'd late dinner... 7oz onion and gouda burger (butcher made) perfect juicy....many a burger all over the world have been ruined by turning them into hockey puck by over cooking.
If a hamburger is a hockey puck it was too lean a blend or was cooked for way too long.

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So dude...what up with Canada? I might have have mentioned this but when I was in Banff they wouldn't cook my burger medium rare...said it was against the law

never heard of that. wow...

found this article quickly just now....

a complete total bullshit law......f*** that

If a hamburger is a hockey puck it was too lean a blend or was cooked for way too long.

well, ya...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Say whaaaat ? Weird they would say that .
My favourite was whenever I used to go out with my ex-wife and her aunt for dinner , she would anlways ask for ketchup … and drown an expensive tenderloin steak at a steakhouse …. Pretty sure the waiters and chefs were wanting to say something . That’s sacrilegious to do that .

Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Say whaaaat ? Weird they would say that .
My favourite was whenever I used to go out with my ex-wife and her aunt for dinner , she would anlways ask for ketchup … and drown an expensive tenderloin steak at a steakhouse …. Pretty sure the waiters and chefs were wanting to say something . That’s sacrilegious to do that .

oh oh.....the stories get better....

my friend was a server back in the day and she told me that whenever some dbag would come in and order a steak well done the cooks would take the worst cut of what was there and turn it into shoe leather as a "f*** off with that order"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That and it’s not like Mercer can’t learn how to improve his game , learn how to be effective in the playoffs etc. He is still filling out and will get his man strength here soon. I just think people need to give a few of our guys some time here .

Pretty sure Blackwood is not starting next game . I say so because we just hired him here at my work ….
But honestly , this kid we hired reminds me so much of Blackwood lol . He’s like 6’5” too View attachment 706462
Holy shit! I hadn't even read your post yet before I noticed the picture and was like ''What's Blackwood doing out in the middle of nowhere?''.

When I went to the game in Sunrise back in December (the one Blackwood played) there was a kid walking around in a Jersey jersey outside before the game, I guess he was there with his dad. I forgot what player was on his jersey, it may have just been a blank.

He looked a lot like Blackwood, but he was also much shorter (no way the dude was quite 6 foot tall) and looked a little bit younger than Blackwood does.

My only real thought was that maybe it was a sign that Blackwood was winning that night?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Something tells me we take this one.

Beyond that I don’t know?

The frickin Islanders avoided elimination in game 5 of their series in Raleigh. They were in the same situation, only they were down 3-0 and won game 4 at home and then they won that game 5 to stay alive in Raleigh.

They were also fed Raanta, who was as good for the Islanders as Sorokin was. He even handed them game 3 like he handed the Rangers game 6 last year and they still couldn’t win it.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

The frickin Islanders avoided elimination in game 5 of their series in Raleigh. They were in the same situation, only they were down 3-0 and won game 4 at home and then they won that game 5 to stay alive in Raleigh.

They were also fed Raanta, who was as good for the Islanders as Sorokin was. He even handed them game 3 like he handed the Rangers game 6 last year and they still couldn’t win it.
I have no idea either part of me says they win this one tomorrow and I think if they can get tomorrow this one has a good chance of going 7

Historically Carolina is dookie on the road in the playoffs which could give us a chance to push this to 7 if they can sneak one out tomorrow

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

The actual scoring is kind of a reverse of that list, aside from Jack. Sort of.

I would love for them to come back home to play one more in this series.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad