Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
You're right.

I wouldn't want anyone to F*** Fitz.

Have you taken a good look at him lately? :sarcasm:

But seriously....Yes, I do mean it.

If we end up losing Bratt in the end, I blame him for it.

We would be losing a KEY member of the team and while we have some good prospects, none of them will be as dynamic as Bratt.

This whole situation sucks.
A couple days ago it was the agent’s fault, and now we’re back to Fitz? Is it gonna be the agent again tomorrow? ;)

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
If Bratt goes to arbitration, he's most likely the best player to do so since Trouba. It's definitely frustrating a deal hasn't gotten done. Bratt is a monumental piece of our core.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If Fitz lets this go to a hearing it absolutely means that Bratt wants two years to get to UFA and the team is just saying FU take a low-ball arbitration award.

It makes no sense why we wouldn't just give him a one year deal at his ask to save the relationship otherwise.

So we can do this all over again next summer? What makes you think the contract negotiations would be easier next time than they have the last two?

Reactions: NJDevs26

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
So we can do this all over again next summer? What makes you think the contract negotiations would be easier next time than they have the last two?
Another year of data on Bratt? If he replicates this season Fitz might up the offer significantly? That’s all I got. Arbitration is far from ideal, but in our situation, I don’t think it’s necessarily the end of Bratt’s time here.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Depends on what the issue is right now.

Is Bratt unsure the Devils can be winners? He may be more comfortable that they are a year from now.

Are the Devils unsure Bratt is a first line player rather than a top 6 guy? The Devils may be more comfortable that he is a year from now.

—————-

We don’t know why a deal isn’t done so we can’t know if a year will change anyone’s thoughts.

We don’t even know that Bratt doesn’t have a contract before arbitration yet and we don’t know if the contract discussion is an amicable disagreement or a heated one.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
9 more hours huh
seinfeld___whats_the_deal.jpg

OlfactoryHughes

Aug 8, 2007
Northern California
Who cares how hard negotiations are?!?

We get a year where Bratt needs to produce to get paid, then we pay him or trade him
At his freshly attained higher value…. Win-win

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Meh I'm already considering Bratt good as gone unless him & Fitz shocks the world with an early morning announcement. Sucks but it is what it is & I've made peace with it. At this point if I'm Fitz I give Bratt the one year contract then at season end trade him for the biggest haul we can get. Then we go after the big free agents like Pastrnak/Huberdeau etc. Hopefully by then Holtz/Gritsyuk will also be ready.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If Bratt doesn't want to sign a long term deal now I don't think he'll be any more likely to want to sign one next year when he's just a year away from UFA.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Fire his brother into space if Jesper doesn’t sign long term lol.
Send him to the ECHL and force him to ride the bus for eternity , healthy scratched every game until he quits lol. I’m kidding btw.
I hope when the Comets assign Filip Bratt to Adirondack in October that we don't hear a chorus of how unfair it is to banish Filip to the ECHL because his brother was a dick. Filip will not be a Comet unless an actual, real, true to life miracle confirmed by a Vatican-appointed Miracle Commission takes place. He will be sent to the Adirondack Thunder in the group shipped out early.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This is what I’m thinking / hoping for as well. If it was just a one year deal , it would get done right away. Neither really benefits from going to arbitration so you’d think that at the very least they come up with a one year deal UNLESS they are down to the wire and doing last minute shit on a 4+ year deal…hopefully … please …
I know I am probably over-reacting but if it goes to Arb , I honestly think you trade him before the season starts (unless the offers are terrible) . I hope it would not cause a distraction in the locker room. If so , I’d prefer they find a trade it came to that. It would suck as we are just about to get this thing off the ground here and Bratt helps with that greatly. I’m sure we will not “win” any trade for him where we get the better player out of the trade unless it’s a younger kid who eventually becomes a stud. Thing is we could really use a player that is ready to produce right now.Who knows , maybe Fitz has a deal lined up as plan B if this did go to arbitration?

Trading him now doesn’t make much sense to me because he value will be higher when his new team can sign him to a new deal. Teams are also pretty settled cap and roster wise. I don’t give a shit about distractions, not to the point it should influence any decision.

Unless the offer is fantastic now you try to get over whatever is blocking this and get this done during next season (after Jan when it can be done but before the TDL would be ideal).

Fitz obviously would have some sense how realistic he thinks the chances of that it is.

I just want him to be realistic about what will happen. If the chances of a long term deal look bleak, then move him at the TDL or draft.

That’s a tough short move to make, we going to get worse, but keeping him longer and pretending anything good will happen after he files for arbitration again will be bad asset management.

The only advantage is we will have more cap room to work with and Bratt will be 25. At that point it would be 8 years or bust, we would have to really go all in or move on.

I mean we could have tried for a 3 year deal like Calgary got with Mangiapane now but that’s more depressing for me (personally, I don’t if it strategically or whatever).

In the end Bratt could be open to a longer deal, it’s just a question of a number and it probably won’t be a team friendly one. I don’t really give a shit, I don’t debate the numbers, I just want it done or Fitz to do the read the room and trade him if it’s not happening.

I would be thunderstruck if Fitz had a plan b right now.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Bratt really has no leverage here, devils will be fine with the one year arbitration deal at 6.5

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
It'll be closer to 5.5 mil.
Either way devils wouldn’t care, more pressure on Bratt to preform/not get injured on a 1 year rfa deal as opposed to the security of a long term deal

It’s pretty evident that he doesn’t want to be here

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My ex-wife’s favourite move regarding meal time piss offs - List off 4-5 restaurants that we should go to. Get me all pumped to go to one of the listed ones , and she says no to each and every one and “suggests” one that wasn’t even listed (her favourite that she knows I disliked ). She would always do that shit lol.
”What movie would you like to watch ? Joker or Dr.Strange?
Me - Oh !? Umm Joker .
Her - umm ya dont really feel like watching that one.
Me - Ok ! Dr.Strange it is !
Her - Yaaaa not really feeling in the superhero movie mood , how about we go for walk?
Me- Ya no.
In my house I'm more likely to be the indecisive one when it comes to food/restaurants. I can change my mind 6 times in a minute...

Here is how my thought process goes:

Let's go out for oysters...yum seafood...let's go to this steakhouse that has really good kumomotos ...oh maybe I want steak too ..I feel like having meat , maybe barbecue....yeah ribs and a dogfishhead...oh but I really like the boneless ribs at this Chinese place...oh lo mein! Yes I want lo mein and boneless ribs...but I still think I want seafood! I wonder if they have two pound lobsters at the seafood restaurant on the other side of town?

That's how my brain works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh and today I found out it doesn't take two to Tango.

Edit: I already sent the video to Fitz

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad