Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It was a year at $1.5 million - you would have thought he’d get more being such an analytics darling but…

It's September. UFAs signing in September rarely get large contracts.

There's clearly skepticism about him around the league because of his playoff results, but his regular season ability should not be questioned. Pretty much everyone on the Devils was better with Tatar.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
It was a year at $1.5 million - you would have thought he’d get more being such an analytics darling but…
Seems like he feels his representation screwed it up. Tough offseason to be a tweener (unless you want to play in Chicago, I guess).

He'll get a good opportunity in Colorado, though, and if the cap constipation eases a little next year he should be able to do a little better.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_0012.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
is he a bills fan?

edit: appears he is .....i feel sorry for him

Probably adopted them as his team after all the years of playing + coaching the Sabres. He's from Alberta so the logic probably tracks with that, lol.

Well, GG. Everyone in that picture is getting ice time taken away and the social media manager is going to get a snarky Lindy whenever they ask him to do a feature for Twitter. :laugh:

Camille the Eel

Seems like he feels his representation screwed it up. Tough offseason to be a tweener (unless you want to play in Chicago, I guess).

He'll get a good opportunity in Colorado, though, and if the cap constipation eases a little next year he should be able to do a little better.
Colorado is an intriguing team to handicap at this point. A lot depends on whether Landeskog returns to health and form. But the addition of Ryan Johanson gives them a 2d center and finally replaces the loss of Kadri from the Stanley Cup Roster. They’ve added some good players, Tatar among them, and on paper aren’t that far from the strength of the Cup Winning group.

They were pretty injury plagued last year.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Little Gio looks like a child on the end in that first pic.:laugh:

I can't even tell who the last four on the right are.

I'm 99% sure that tall guy on the right with Sal and Gionta is Henrik Tallinder.

In the group picture, I can't quite tell who the guy almost all the way to the left is. In between Gio and Tallinder. He looks like Bill Peters but I know that's definitely not who it is.

I'm gonna say from left to right it's S. Gionta, ?, Tallinder, Clarkson, Greene, Zajac, Salvador, Grant Marshall, Marty, Dano, Jim Dowd?, Colin White, (looks like a really old Jamie Langenbrunner, no way he's that old looking yet) ?, and the last three on the right all look familiar, but can't tell who they are.

That guy fourth from the right looks like Langs if he were about 20 years older. We saw him in like February for the 20th anniversary 2003 event and he didn't look anywhere near that old. I know it's not Langs.

Actually, I think the guy all the way on the right may be Tommy Albelin. Not sure who those two guys in between Albelin and old looking Langs guy are, nor do I know who old looking Langs guy is. The next guy over seems like a guy I should know, but I can't recall exactly who he is. I'm surprised I even got Jim Dowd.

I'm surprised Bruce Driver isn't in there. He always does these things.

All the younger guys are easy to identify and Travis looks like he's somebody's son that was brought to the event. Grant Marshall looks exactly the same, only with a gray beard.

Reactions: HBK27

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I can't even tell who the last four on the right are.

I'm 99% sure that tall guy on the right with Sal and Gionta is Henrik Tallinder.

In the group picture, I can't quite tell who the guy almost all the way to the left is. In between Gio and Tallinder. He looks like Bill Peters but I know that's definitely not who it is.

I'm gonna say from left to right it's S. Gionta, ?, Tallinder, Clarkson, Greene, Zajac, Salvador, Grant Marshall, Marty, Dano, Jim Dowd?, Colin White, (looks like a really old Jamie Langenbrunner, no way he's that old looking yet) ?, and the last three on the right all look familiar, but can't tell who they are.

That guy fourth from the right looks like Langs if he were about 20 years older. We saw him in like February for the 20th anniversary 2003 event and he didn't look anywhere near that old. I know it's not Langs.

Actually, I think the guy all the way on the right may be Tommy Albelin. Not sure who those two guys in between Albelin and old looking Langs guy are, nor do I know who old looking Langs guy is. The next guy over seems like a guy I should know, but I can't recall exactly who he is. I'm surprised I even got Jim Dowd.

I'm surprised Bruce Driver isn't in there. He always does these things.

All the younger guys are easy to identify and Travis looks like he's somebody's son that was brought to the event. Grant Marshall looks exactly the same, only with a gray beard.
The guy next to Albelin is Weinrich I think. The other two look familiar but I can't place them. The 4th guy from the right reminds me of McKay, but I don't think it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad