Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How dare the Mods close the thread right after this gem was posted

IMG_8715.jpeg

Last edited:

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
What's the highest pick we could probably get for Blackwood's rights? Ottawa needs a goalie. Maybe ask for a 6th?

Or do we just sign him for 1 year because Daws is injured?

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
We've gotten 5ths in the past for Kinkaid and Wedgewood so I wouldn't be surprised if Fitzy pulled off getting something back for Blackwood.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Blackwood is gonna be non-qualified

I’m not saying nobody will take a chance on him, but they’re not gonna pay us for the opportunity

Agreed. Severson only returned some value because there would have been a bidding war if he hit the open market. Columbus probably got him slightly cheaper by doing the sign and trade.

There will be no bidding war for Blackwood. Therefore, his rights have no trade value.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Correct me if I’m wrong, neither one was a situation where every team knew we had to relinquish their rights. Everyone knows qualifying Blackwood isn’t an option and thus he will be ufa in two weeks.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Blackwood is gonna be non-qualified

I’m not saying nobody will take a chance on him, but they’re not gonna pay us for the opportunity

No one is going to qualify him, but there is the possibility that someone will think enough of him to trade for his rights then negotiate a deal below his qualifier. Pretty unlikely, though, and I'd imagine a 6th or lower or a JAG farmhand would be the return.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Agreed. Severson only returned some value because there would have been a bidding war if he hit the open market. Columbus probably got him slightly cheaper by doing the sign and trade.

There will be no bidding war for Blackwood. Therefore, his rights have no trade value.
Columbus and Severson got the 8th year. It kept the cap hit down.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Fitzy on the Jeff Marek show said he'd be comfortable going into next season with Vitek and Mackenzie, said Schmid being waiver exempt gives us "options"

I think the Mac comment is because we're trying to trade his rights and not further tank his value in the process.

Blackwood has no value. It's extremely unlikely anyone trades for him, and if they do odds are it's some farmhand kinda deal - like the Schnarr for Hammond deal but in reverse.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I wonder if a deal with Anaheim centered around Henrique and Sharangovich might make some sense.

But I would suspect Anaheim might hold out on moving Henrique until the deadline in hopes of getting a 1st rounder out of him.

But then again, Sharangovich is likely better than or equal to most late 1st rounders...

Reactions: nugg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Answer : Yes.
Reading a different article they wrote, they suggested signing Haula to a 3 year 3.5 AAV contract. If we are team building and with the regular season Haula struggles/his desire to stay and his age, I would be looking to keep him at a 2 year deal around the same AAV, not giving him a raise.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
What's the highest pick we could probably get for Blackwood's rights? Ottawa needs a goalie. Maybe ask for a 6th?

Or do we just sign him for 1 year because Daws is injured?

He's worth less than Kinkaid was. What was that? A 5th rounder or something 4 or 5 years later, which equated to a 12-year old? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ripshot 43

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I wonder if a deal with Anaheim centered around Henrique and Sharangovich might make some sense.

But I would suspect Anaheim might hold out on moving Henrique until the deadline in hopes of getting a 1st rounder out of him.

But then again, Sharangovich is likely better than or equal to most late 1st rounders...
If Henrique was at 50% retained, I'd do that deal. I'd consider adding to Yegor as well, perhaps a 3rd to get it done. Adding Rico would solidify out top 9 IMO.

Reactions: nugg

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If Henrique was at 50% retained, I'd do that deal. I'd consider adding to Yegor as well, perhaps a 3rd to get it done. Adding Rico would solidify out top 9 IMO.

Devils would easily be able to afford Henrique without any salary retention so I don't even think it would be needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad