Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The guy next to Albelin is Weinrich I think. The other two look familiar but I can't place them. The 4th guy from the right reminds me of McKay, but I don't think it's him.
You know, that might actually be Randy McKay. He’s been to these things before, from what I remember. The Marty tournament is still pretty new, but they used to have an annual golf outing for the entire team and alumni. I think anyone could pay to get in and you got to golf in 3 or 4 man teams and they pair you with Devils alumni, as well as then-current Devils. I think the cost was like thousands of dollars to participate.

Back then it was every year before camp and featured all the active players and coaches, as well as former players/coaches. I remember Randy McKay showing up to a couple of those.

I think that’s who that is.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You know, that might actually be Randy McKay. He’s been to these things before, from what I remember. The Marty tournament is still pretty new, but they used to have an annual golf outing for the entire team and alumni. I think anyone could pay to get in and you got to golf in 3 or 4 man teams and they pair you with Devils alumni, as well as then-current Devils. I think the cost was like thousands of dollars to participate.

Back then it was every year before camp and featured all the active players and coaches, as well as former players/coaches. I remember Randy McKay showing up to a couple of those.

I think that’s who that is.

Based on those pictures how can we be sure Brodeur didn’t eat McKay?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We are getting so close to the start of the regular season. I can't wait!
I can smell it
IMG_0025.jpeg

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
I can't even tell who the last four on the right are.

I'm 99% sure that tall guy on the right with Sal and Gionta is Henrik Tallinder.

In the group picture, I can't quite tell who the guy almost all the way to the left is. In between Gio and Tallinder. He looks like Bill Peters but I know that's definitely not who it is.

I'm gonna say from left to right it's S. Gionta, ?, Tallinder, Clarkson, Greene, Zajac, Salvador, Grant Marshall, Marty, Dano, Jim Dowd?, Colin White, (looks like a really old Jamie Langenbrunner, no way he's that old looking yet) ?, and the last three on the right all look familiar, but can't tell who they are.

That guy fourth from the right looks like Langs if he were about 20 years older. We saw him in like February for the 20th anniversary 2003 event and he didn't look anywhere near that old. I know it's not Langs.

Actually, I think the guy all the way on the right may be Tommy Albelin. Not sure who those two guys in between Albelin and old looking Langs guy are, nor do I know who old looking Langs guy is. The next guy over seems like a guy I should know, but I can't recall exactly who he is. I'm surprised I even got Jim Dowd.

I'm surprised Bruce Driver isn't in there. He always does these things.

All the younger guys are easy to identify and Travis looks like he's somebody's son that was brought to the event. Grant Marshall looks exactly the same, only with a gray beard.
I think the hippie in Birkenstocks is Randy McKay. A very gray Jimmy Dowd between White and Dano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad