Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The players will determine if Lindy comes back. More performances like the one against Vancouver and the one against Tampa Bay will ensure he does not. I don't know why there's this bizarre fatalism that Lindy cannot be fired.
Same can also be applied to the large majority that are confident Ruff is 'the issue'; as if we have never seen young teams do really well the first year then take a step back

Add in injuries and teams learning the playbook on us and I dont see why they'd even be fatalist about Ruff in the first place. Only a top coach all-time in wins

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Wow at Wood's line at 4. Also Dubois line at 7 and they are talking about buying him out on the main board

Worth a pickup? He got blown up the last two games:

claim Prosvetov and play him against Colorado to see if he can pull a wedgewood and be a menace against his former team lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not sure if you saw this, but I timestamped it for ya, or go to 25:40, Chase confirms it.

To revert back to the Sopranos talk (Sorry lol) I regret that I haven't listened to a single episode of this podcast. Looks like they all came out in 2020 and 2021. My head was so f***ed up and I was in a horrible place those two years, so I wish I had known about these at the time they were coming out. As I would have tuned in for every episode weekly or however often they came out.

I'm afraid if I start listening to these tonight that I won't sleep the whole night and I'll keep listening to one after the other.

It appears they have one for every episode of the series, plus several others.

I had not listened to this before last night, but when I had read about some of the Phil is secretly gay stuff they had cited this interview with Chase from the podcast.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
To revert back to the Sopranos talk (Sorry lol) I regret that I haven't listened to a single episode of this podcast. Looks like they all came out in 2020 and 2021. My head was so f***ed up and I was in a horrible place those two years, so I wish I had known about these at the time they were coming out. As I would have tuned in for every episode weekly or however often they came out.

I'm afraid if I start listening to these tonight that I won't sleep the whole night and I'll keep listening to one after the other.

It appears they have one for every episode of the series, plus several others.

I had not listened to this before last night, but when I had read about some of the Phil is secretly gay stuff they had cited this interview with Chase from the podcast.
Yeah I actually heard about the podcast when they had Schrippa on an ESPN sports talk show (Michael Kay) so I did go down the rabbit hole of listening every week and it's a nice listen, almost every week after the first few episodes they had some guest on after their own show review - either one of the other actors or a behind the scenes person. The only living major actor that didn't appear on the podcast at least once that I know of was Adriana (Drea de Matteo), not sure why but Imperioli appeared on HER podcast at least once so it's not like they aren't on good terms.

Now that the ASB is over we should just try to keep the Sopranos stuff to the TaN thread though :)

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
I think we all had our fair share of issues those few years. I did start listening to those when they first came out, but my interest waned a bit, and was like, yeah, I'll get around to them again, but never did. I mean, there are like 91 episodes. There's a ton of little interesting details Bobby and Chrissy point out, and some pretty cool guests along the way. I also cannot start a Soprano's watch without fully investing, and binging the entire series straight through. I usually save stuff like that for the summer, or when there is no hockey on. I've been doing that lately with the Zaitochi series from the 60's and on. It's pretty goofy, and there are a million entries, but I still have to see it through lol. Maybe a mod can move this to the entertainment thread, I feel bad for people looking for Devils news. Or we can just shut up haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Back to hockey, I've seen some people speculating that Jack could be back as soon as Colorado game, I personally think no way, but that would be amazing. I'm not sure he's even been skating much.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Back to hockey, I've seen some people speculating that Jack could be back as soon as Colorado game, I personally think no way, but that would be amazing. I'm not sure he's even been skating much.
I do think it's more than possible he's back, if not Tuesday then for Thursday's game. I'm definitely gonna say by Saturday.

But this is why I asked last week if he would have to miss the first game back from all star break if he didn't play the all star game. Remember they suspended players for a game if they didn't play the all star game or no-showed. They did it to Ovechkin more than once.

But Jack didn't no-show and he also was injured. So they shouldn't screw with him over that. The players they punished had been healthy the entire time, where Jack hasn't played in a month and actually did show up to some of the festivities.

And I'd have to assume he flew skated today, after flying back last night it said? And he'll skate the next two days. I think there's a practice scheduled for tomorrow? That's the first day teams come back?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I do think it's more than possible he's back, if not Tuesday then for Thursday's game. I'm definitely gonna say by Saturday.

But this is why I asked last week if he would have to miss the first game back from all star break if he didn't play the all star game. Remember they suspended players for a game if they didn't play the all star game or no-showed. They did it to Ovechkin more than once.

But Jack didn't no-show and he also was injured. So they shouldn't screw with him over that. The players they punished had been healthy the entire time, where Jack hasn't played in a month and actually did show up to some of the festivities.

And I'd have to assume he flew skated today, after flying back last night it said? And he'll skate the next two days. I think there's a practice scheduled for tomorrow? That's the first day teams come back?
If nobody answered, to skip the all-star game you must miss the game before or after the all-star game. So Jack covered that by missing the Devils game before.

I speculated he could be back Tuesday when he waited so long before saying he couldn’t play in the all-star game. He must feel pretty good to almost make his first time back be the all-star game.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
We need to just find a way to go on a run, even if we squeak into the playoffs as a bottom seed, we have a roster that is good enough to put a hot stretch together and go far if healthy.

Dougie injury really hurts, we definitely need to do something on the back end though. And a Goalie obviously.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
We need to just find a way to go on a run, even if we squeak into the playoffs as a bottom seed, we have a roster that is good enough to put a hot stretch together and go far if healthy.

Dougie injury really hurts, we definitely need to do something on the back end though. And a Goalie obviously.
That all?

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
That all?
Well we could use a bottom six C as well now and you could argue another depth forward so yeah there are a lot of holes I suppose, perhaps too many, but then forward ones should be cheaper to fill up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After a final few nights before the break of feeding us shit matchups like Sharks vs Ducks, Kraken bs Sharks, Blue Jackets vs Blues (the league knew all these teams would either be bad or stupid boring before the season started) and the long awaited series finale of the LA Losertodds, the NHL will return with two decent matchups on Monday

Only both of them start at the same exact time………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad