Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Flyers are looking to sell at the deadline according to some reports. They have been losing and don’t have the talent to continue the pace that they were at. It’s going to be Devils Pens and Isles fighting to pass Flyers for Metro 3. Devils are NOT out of this.

We are lucky that this season has been full of mediocrity across the league. Devils can get healthy and maybe make a push.

ThePrideofStockholm

Sep 29, 2017
Stockholm
According to IKEA it’s the word for what we in North America call Swedish meatballs. Nothing outrageous.

I’m being silly. I’m talking about Bratt beating a fellow Swede on his all star team in a meatball making or eating contest (I didn’t specify which). I wouldn’t worry about Pettersson who is just a plot device. The protagonist is Bratt.
My record when I was younger was 48, so yeah we had contests.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
From reading that interview that Novo had with Subban, that locker room might be slowly turning on Lindy if you read between the lines. A lot of quotes of Subban saying "making it work with the talent" and him saying that the Devils would make moves if they miss is pretty big considering how close he is to those guys as evidence from being at the STH event without even being on the team lmao

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Need to push this video more for the second half. Hopefully we'll have some fun to look forward to with a fully healthy crew.

*Disclaimer - please disregard he who shall not be named's inclusion in the video. This was done before the announcement came down. :facepalm:

Holy shit, I had no clue you made the videos from back in the day for the 2012 rounds. I used to watch those a ton that year to get pumped up for games. keep up the good work lol. What a small world :laugh:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I hope to see some team rallying soon. Jack should be back soon. Smith or Sieges maybe back in near future. Timo/Palat rested up post injury recovery. Nico bionics reset and rebooted. Maybe Nosek back (not that he did anything this season injured)

The shithead(s) off the roster.

Vitek looking a bit better. NOTICE he played better since McLeod off. He is too wholesome for any radius of shitheads.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Holy shit, I had no clue you made the videos from back in the day for the 2012 rounds. I used to watch those a ton that year to get pumped up for games. keep up the good work lol. What a small world :laugh:

Haha, small world indeed! I took quite a lengthy break for some time, but I enjoy putting them together every once in a while. Appreciate the compliments!

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Wait. better call sal is/was devilsHQ on YT?

The 2012 vids were awesome too. I still watch them now and again. It was the best thing of that run from a fan side perspective.

Or is it Better Call Sal has supplanted DevilsHQ as new dawg in the replay world.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Wait. better call sal is/was devilsHQ on YT?

The 2012 vids were awesome too. I still watch them now and again. It was the best thing of that run from a fan side perspective.

Or is it Better Call Sal has supplanted DevilsHQ as new dawg in the replay world.

Nah, DevilsHQ is someone completely else. That dude used to be the GOAT for Devils highlights but I don't think he's done anything recently. There's a different YT channel for Devils clips like player goals, goals in a month, etc.

Ian Miller I think is the username and if you add a devils player to it you should find it easily

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Bring Adam home.

I'd really want to see Henrique back, but not at all costs. It's a bit weird, I'd imagine for him, since we gave up on him as an org and then want him back, I would imagine. He's now a family man etc, etc.

Watching Mukh get his first point in SJ was bittersweet. If Timo had been killin' it this season we wouldn't even be looking back.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'd really want to see Henrique back, but not at all costs. It's a bit weird, I'd imagine for him, since we gave up on him as an org and then want him back, I would imagine. He's now a family man etc, etc.

Watching Mukh get his first point in SJ was bittersweet. If Timo had been killin' it this season we wouldn't even be looking back.

How is anyone looking back? There's no room for Mukhamadullin with 2 other young stud D who are younger than him. I like Mukhamadullin but unfortunately his days in the organization were numbered once they drafted Luke Hughes.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Yea I don't want to sell the future or anything and honestly not thinking about a realistic price, but with everything else going on, skipping the actual amount, it would be so cool to see him on the ice in a Devils jersey again and would actually make me excited for the next game more so than I've been in a while.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
How is anyone looking back? There's no room for Mukhamadullin with 2 other young stud D who are younger than him. I like Mukhamadullin but unfortunately his days in the organization were numbered once they drafted Luke Hughes.

People were watching out for his highlights the other day in the other thread? Myself included, among the others who commented.

I mean, he isn't on the team so people are still paying attention to him right, that defines looking back to me.

There's a lot of fans around this fanbase (not just on HFBoards) that see a bit of Timo regret. I don't necessary find myself as one of them yet, but we lost a lot to acquire him so he has to really produce so people don't compare.

Reactions: JK3 and NJDevs26

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
People were watching out for his highlights the other day in the other thread? Myself included, among the others who commented.

I mean, he isn't on the team so people are still paying attention to him right, that defines looking back to me.

There's a lot of fans around this fanbase (not just on HFBoards) that see a bit of Timo regret. I don't necessary find myself as one of them yet, but we lost a lot to acquire him so he has to really produce so people don't compare.

I was watching the Sharks game when he got his first point - I hope he does well. I'm not looking back, though - I hope he becomes a star over there. We just weren't going to keep him almost regardless of what happened and he got traded near the peak of his value.

I'm sure there are lots of people with Timo regret - the guy has very, very, very obviously been hurt for well over half the season. I don't know what was going on with him for the first 5 games of the year, but then he took off after that, got hurt, and has been playing at something considerably less than 100% for most of the time he's been in the lineup.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

The Devils are missing a top 4 LD. Maybe Siegenthaler is that guy and was just miscast trying to be 1LD. Or he's just having an off year. But, Mukhamudullin is the only prospect who could project as a top 4 LD. If they want to fill that top 4 LD spot, the Devils now need to look outside the org.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Devils are missing a top 4 LD. Maybe Siegenthaler is that guy and was just miscast trying to be 1LD. Or he's just having an off year. But, Mukhamudullin is the only prospect who could project as a top 4 LD. If they want to fill that top 4 LD spot, the Devils now need to look outside the org.

I see absolutely no issue with having a Hughes-Siegenthaler LD side. Moreover, if they were looking for someone else for that LD spot, they would definitely be looking at someone with the profile of Siegenthaler, which Mukhamadullin does not have.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This sounds good in a vacuum but it would be nearly impossible to bring up Muk, Nemec, and Luke into the NHL all at the same time.

It made sense to move on from Muk when we did. I think the Devils were hoping Bahl could be the second/third pairing LD with size this team needed. Also likely factored into Muk being traded.

If the team doesn’t think Bahl will cut it, Chychrun is a really interesting target, with Bahl as part of the package.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
From reading that interview that Novo had with Subban, that locker room might be slowly turning on Lindy if you read between the lines. A lot of quotes of Subban saying "making it work with the talent" and him saying that the Devils would make moves if they miss is pretty big considering how close he is to those guys as evidence from being at the STH event without even being on the team lmao
Subban is a good case study on why harassing athletes on the internet is a good idea sometimes. He was very distracted and was one of the worst defensemen in the league his first year with us, but then after all the bad press the following summer he turned around his work ethic and became a (very overpaid) decent defenseman that seems to be a huge positive in the lockerroom. I don't know if the young players on the team would have liked him as much if he kept putting up 'worst D in the league' analytics.

Probably could still be playing, but he might make more money and probably has more fun as a media guy. He's definitely turned me into a fan, and I hated him his first year here.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I don't see how Muk's days were numbered with the organization.

Yes, Hughes was a lock for LD spot (though he could've played RD if that side were a weakness) and we have Siegenthaler signed for another 3 seasons after this. Beyond that though...???

I don't think Bahl had a spot on lockdown at the time of the trade, which is why he only got signed to a 2-year deal not much beyond league minimum this summer.

Vilen, Misyul, Hatakka are all nice prospects, but no sure things. No reason we couldn't have held onto Muk long-term, but one of our top prospects had to go the other way to acquire Meier.

Last edited:

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
This sounds good in a vacuum but it would be nearly impossible to bring up Muk, Nemec, and Luke into the NHL all at the same time.

It made sense to move on from Muk when we did. I think the Devils were hoping Bahl could be the second/third pairing LD with size this team needed. Also likely factored into Muk being traded.

If the team doesn’t think Bahl will cut it, Chychrun is a really interesting target, with Bahl as part of the package.
Agree. I kept my initial comment short to keep the focus on whether or not we could have still used Mukhamadullin.

I think you're right that the Devils would be better off finding an experienced 24 - 27 year old defender. My pick is Mario Ferraro. Yes - his metrics suck, but a) he shouldn't need to carry the same load here; b) he should be way cheaper to acquire; and c) he's signed for two more years at a reasonable cost. With Chychrun and Hanifin, cost to acquire and cost to sign will likely be a lot higher.

This is the point I think that @Triumph was making that the Devils would have been looking for another Siegenthaler. We don't necessarily need offense from that spot, but we do need someone who can provide good defense and who is reasonably priced. That said, I still don't think this disqualifies Mukhamadullin if he were here. But, he's not, so whatever.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Experimenting with some new Dano creations for post ASG. Stay tuned

IMG_3529.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad