Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
If he blasts some Ranger into a different dimension next week then it’s worth it. But seriously this seems unnecessary
it’s funny i actually remember him blasting Brendan Smith into another dimension live when i went to a Kings Rangers game years ago.

idk if anyone has a video of it but Macdermid rly gave it to him

Reactions: Mgd31

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
She seemed sweet, I think she even followed me, then proceeded to go full MAGA on Justin Trudeau and I'm pretty sure she was into vaccine conspiracies.
it’s funny i actually remember him blasting Brendan Smith into another dimension live when i went to a Kings Rangers game years ago.

idk if anyone has a video of it but Macdermid rly gave it to him

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ehh this is another one of those things where people are mad at something people wanted, even though nobody wanted that thing. Nobody "wanted a goon." It's been said many times, "I don't want a goon but someone that...."

Shut up and admit you wanted a goon. And the worse at hockey the better!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehh this is another one of those things where people are mad at something people wanted, even though nobody wanted that thing. Nobody "wanted a goon." It's been said many times, "I don't want a goon but someone that...."

People absolutely wanted goons and needed it explained why it was a waste of a roster spot.

People enamored with Rempe too

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

There's been a few murmurs of people wanting to get tougher even if it was a complete bum on the roster

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Were there issues with the team not working hard?

Usually thats why you get a goon. Tell the players slacking:"We'll replace you with someone that doesn't even know how to skate, as long as they put in the work."

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Holtz feeding Kurtis will be glorious!

Who am I kidding, he will be traded beforehand

What other cement skates goons were on waivers that we can trade Holtz for?

I despise the thought of where this team is headed at the moment.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I hear you and it's a valid point. I'm just annoyed that we're selling Toffoli and not even making an attempt to solve the coaching and 4 year goaltending problems. I see this season as a gigantic failure from the organization and we pissed away a chance to gain real playoff experience.

Last year may have come easy but this could put us right back to where we were. The regular season isn't as important to me anymore with this team. We've built through the draft. Time to play big boy games.
Can't rush it though and make irrational moves otherwise all those rebuilding years were for nothing..

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Were there issues with the team not working hard?

Usually thats why you get a goon. Tell the players slacking:"We'll replace you with someone that doesn't even know how to skate, as long as they put in the work."

It's a Lindy Ruff coached team, that's self explanatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad