Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I thought he was waived, apparently not. It's not a big deal, but I don't really like giving up a prospect for him. It'd be nice to find one of these guys who can actually play.
I don’t like a prospect that could step into a needed role next year traded for a part time goon in a position we are stacked at. I don’t like a pick thrown in when we can use it for more Russian fliers

Reactions: Guadana

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
And he’s another defenseman. Where the F is he going to play? We have no forwards to the point we are playing tierney. And we trade an intriguing KHL player with tenacity and speed.

Maybe another move in the works. Or this is the Smith replacement for next year? How much, how long is MacDermid signed for....?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The standard port finished bourbon? Very solid. The rye is very sweet.
I'm not a huge drinker so I'm not sure which type it is but this is it.
image.jpg

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Three games against the Leafs, two against Rangers and Islanders, and one against Flyers to end the year.

Once March 8th hits, you have unlimited roster spots and he could just be stored away until we need him in a rivalry game.

Don’t understand why Bardakov is in the deal. I thought he had a chance at being a hard-to-play against fourth liner, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Reactions: forceten

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'm not a huge drinker so I'm not sure which type it is but this is it.View attachment 827805
That’s the one - I love the port finish, it’s somewhat unusual in bourbon, more common in scotch.

Buffalo Trace / A Smith Bowman collaborate on the Isaac Bowman port finished bourbon which if you like angels envy you may very much enjoy.

I use it as the base for a forbidden sour:

1 part Isaac Bowman
1 part Pama pomegranate liquor
1 part lemon buice
1/2 part simple syrup

All into a shaker with ice, strain over a big cube into a rocks glass. Garnish with a luxardo cherry

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I understand the logic but this does nothing help but fuel their "little brother" comments lol

Eh, that line of him, Mercer and Nico were our best line if you take the totality of the season. Rarely did they have bad nights last year, Nico seems like he's moved off Tatar but Mercer looks like a shell of himself
He had a really good season last year, but the year before that was whatever and the year after it has been whatever.

It’s just the idea that he was gonna be as good as last year if we kept him around this year.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I really don't like that move. At all. Absolutely pointless and a little scary about the direction we are thinking of going.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad