Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm not gonna lie, that old knuckle dragger part of me that loves hockey fights is looking forward to MacDermid vs Rempe in like 10 days.

They might not even play Rempe in that game, he's probably in their lineup until they get a RW1 and Vesey will slide down

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
They might not even play Rempe in that game, he's probably in their lineup until they get a RW1 and Vesey will slide down

Doubt it. He will be playing. Look how effective he was. Team result was he rattled our team by that hit on Bas. Rangers game at their home soon, guy is a fan cult hero now. No way he doesn't suit up.

MacDermid will be just in time for that.

Reactions: mdj12784

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Doubt it. He will be playing. Look how effective he was. Team result was he rattled our team by that hit on Bas. Rangers game at their home soon, guy is a fan cult hero now. No way he doesn't suit up.

MacDermid will be just in time for that.
He played 13 seconds, got ejected, and gave us a 5 minute PP. Hard to have a worse game than that. We just failed on the PP as we have over the last few weeks.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He played 13 seconds, got ejected, and gave us a 5 minute PP. Hard to have a worse game than that. We just failed on the PP as we have over the last few weeks.

Right - but Trouba had no problem afterwards taking runs as he always did, Bastian got hit again. Rangers forwards were hitting everyone hard after that play for the rest of the night. It had an effect on the game despite Rempe playing nothing afterwards.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I will now add Bardakov to the list of names that we have put into the Hall of Fame after dealing them away.

He will join Jack Dugan, Nate Schnarr, Tyce Thompson and Future Considerations

I hope Lanny McDonald has their numbers

Reactions: Mgd31

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I feel bad for the Bardakov faithful. I’m really concerned some bad trades are coming. The Devils eek into the playoffs and resign Toffoli, and Ruff get to keep his job.

This team is not making the playoffs, but the fear of bad trades is very real.

I will now add Bardakov to the list of names that we have put into the Hall of Fame after dealing them away.

He will join Jack Dugan, Nate Schnarr, Tyce Thompson and Future Considerations

It's not about that. It's about trading anything of any value, perceived or otherwise, for a washed up, slow face puncher. It just shows bad judgement and it is rightfully worrying some of us about what's to come.

Reactions: forceten

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

It's not about that. It's about trading anything of any value, perceived or otherwise, for a washed up, slow face puncher that was on waivers this season. It just shows bad judgement and it is rightfully worrying some of us about what's to come.

He was never on waivers this season. That never happened. Go look it up.

Reactions: Bone Density

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

It's not about that. It's about trading anything of any value, perceived or otherwise, for a washed up, slow face puncher that was on waivers this season. It just shows bad judgement and it is rightfully worrying some of us about what's to come.
We traded a 7th round pick. We just got a 6th rounder for a bag of peanuts.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Apologies, post has been edited.

All good just wanted to clear that one part.

But yes it is a concern if we will throw more at it in this direction I agree.

I do personally think the effect will be positive for the remainder of the season though. I think it will add an implicit deterrence for those teams that think they can grind our team into the ground via physicality. I think you will see less flying runs by guys like Trouba-minded players

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Here is my issue. This is a future considerations trade in reality, so it is ridiculous that the GM gave up any type of asset however small it might be (let alone two assets technically). And some goon doesn’t change a thing, toughness these days is a mindset from the team as a whole, specifically the guys who are playing actual meaningful minutes. Not some guy who might play three shifts whenever he dresses. I legitimately have concerns about where the GMs head is at. Hoping I am wrong in fearing what else might be coming as he continues to hide behind closed doors after all the kissing babies he did last season.

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We traded a 7th round pick. We just got a 6th rounder for a bag of peanuts.

And a prospect. The 5% chance that prospect is an NHL player is more valuable imo. But even if it's not, I just am not sure I get this move. If Fitz trades Toff and doesn't do something stupid like trade for Markstrom, then fine. But I'm nervous this is the start of him trying to save a completely lost season.

Reactions: hidek91

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I'm not gonna lie, that old knuckle dragger part of me that loves hockey fights is looking forward to MacDermid vs Rempe in like 10 days.

Not a good comparison. Rempe skated for 10 seconds before giving the Devils a 5 minute power play and then never showed his face again.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
And a prospect. The 5% chance that prospect is an NHL player is more valuable imo. But even if it's not, I just am not sure I get this move. If Fitz trades Toff and doesn't do something stupid like trade for Markstrom, then fine. But I'm nervous this is the start of him trying to save a completely lost season.

There isn't a 5% chance that a 7th round pick becomes an NHL player.

You guys just make a lot of stuff up. MacDermid is the kind of trade anyone can make - it's obviously not good, but a team in the toilet can just as easily make this deal as a team where the Devils are.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There isn't a 5% chance that a 7th round pick becomes an NHL player.

You guys just make a lot of stuff up. MacDermid is the kind of trade anyone can make - it's obviously not good, but a team in the toilet can just as easily make this deal as a team where the Devils are.

I'm not talking about the pick we traded, I'm talking about the player. I was probably underestimating his chance of making the NHL a bit to be honest. But I don't think he will ever be more than a bottom 6 player.

Reactions: forceten
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille