Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What did he buy last year? Ruutu, I suppose but that wasn't a total rental trade either. What did he buy two years ago, Sullivan? Pretty much nothing and they were a lot closer those years than they will be this year.

I don't get how people know this for certain...the only time they've been in a spot like THIS was 2011. And they did 'sell' Arnott and Langs, and just kept the guys they wanted to sign like Greene.

Because if the storyline that Lou is senile and washed up isn't kept alive the board implodes.

Lou's Koolaid

I live here
Jan 12, 2007
KWT660
Back to 10 pts out lol! I'm all for wins as long as we sell/dump. Only time can tell. Lou I'd a good poker player, so we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime I'm enjoying the lovable underdogs led by Tootoo and Ruttu.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zid has played well overall lately, Jagr's value has sunk.

It is astonishing how someone who can skate and bring energy like Tootoo transformed the top line.

Just seeing Tootoo there in place of Jagr and the the effects it has had has to be eye opening for everyone.

GhostofKenKlee

WAnt to see TooToo and Bernier back next season. Ditto for Gomez...

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Zid has played well overall lately, Jagr's value has sunk.

Idk what we'll get for Jagr now...pray for a 2nd. He's either finished or mentally checked out due to the reduction in ice time, regardless he does nothing for the team anymore in terms of production.

Tootoo has been impressive tho and i'd like to see him back

GhostofKenKlee

I wouldn't mind letting go of Bernier but I think Tootoo and Gomez have earned their way back. If they can't get anything for them in trades I hope they get signed to 1 year deals. Tootoo should really be a 4th liner though.

Bernier has been great in his role. His play in front of the net and his scoring and overall game for the money/role he makes I wouldn't mind him back.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
1 week from today we will see if Lou has lost it or not. I really hope he does the right thing and sells.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
1 week from today we will see if Lou has lost it or not. I really hope he does the right thing and sells.

The team can't just suck for most of the season and then magically turn it on and think they'll make the playoffs. There are simply too many teams to jump and you have to win almost all of your games and hope the other teams lose all of there games as well...too difficult.

If Lou can make a hockey trade that will improve the team this year and next year, then by all means go for it, but don't get the Ryder's and Jagr's past the deadline if teams are willing to give you something good for them, especially Jagr. He's completely checked out.

Oh and don't give up the #1 pick unless you're getting a superstar back...build through the draft

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
It is astonishing how someone who can skate and bring energy like Tootoo transformed the top line.

Just seeing Tootoo there in place of Jagr and the the effects it has had has to be eye opening for everyone.

He leads all Devils forwards in CF%rel since January 1st.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
"jordin tootoo first line superstar" and scott gomez the prodigal son returns are two of the few good things to take away from this stinker of a season.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Tootoo is essentially being played in the role they expected Clowe to be in.

Tootoo isn't Clowe obviously, but he's the closest we've got and he isn't much of a liability which is why they feel comfortable putting him there.

I love watching him play, he's like a little bullet out there

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Tootoo is essentially being played in the role they expected Clowe to be in.

Tootoo isn't Clowe obviously, but he's the closest we've got and he isn't much of a liability which is why they feel comfortable putting him there.

I love watching him play, he's like a little bullet out there

I never understood why people disliked him. He's got pretty good hands, decent speed and he gets in people's faces. He's a good fourth liner.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
We should 100% deal Bernier. The same people saying we shouldn't trade him now are probably the same ones who hated him last year.

He's not as good as his numbers this year and not as bad as last year. See if someone stupid team gives up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
"jordin tootoo first line superstar" and scott gomez the prodigal son returns are two of the few good things to take away from this stinker of a season.

Gomez has a better points per game this season than he has since 2009-2010 season with Montreal. Pretty amazing.

I'm a little unsure why the didn't give Gomez and Ryder more of a look. Ryder seems like the kind of player that can flourish with a playmaker like Gomez?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We should 100% deal Bernier. The same people saying we shouldn't trade him now are probably the same ones who hated him last year.

He's not as good as his numbers this year and not as bad as last year. See if someone stupid team gives up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

I don't think that would ever happen but who knows? I agree with what you are saying about dealing though.

NHL Fanatik*

Hahahahaha i cant believe how overrated O'Reilly is.

People claim he is SO much better than Henrique, thankfully we have the guy on a good contract and someone will overpay for the 'intangible' god.

Whats funny is Henrique is just as good on the PK and defensively.

HF makes me laugh sometimes.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Yeah I'm happy with Tootoo and Gomez's play this year but it's pretty ****ing sad and pathetic that that's considered an accomplishment for this team. As individual players revitalizing their careers it's great but for the team it's embarrassing that that's something we can pull out of this **** season.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Hahahahaha i cant believe how overrated O'Reilly is.

People claim he is SO much better than Henrique, thankfully we have the guy on a good contract and someone will overpay for the 'intangible' god.

Whats funny is Henrique is just as good on the PK and defensively.

HF makes me laugh sometimes.

PK, maybe. Defensively? Nope. O'Reilly's younger, better defensively, better offensively, better possession player... not really sure how anyone could think Henrique was more valuable.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
PK, maybe. Defensively? Nope. O'Reilly's younger, better defensively, better offensively, better possession player... not really sure how anyone could think Henrique was more valuable.

Henrique is also in a barren wasteland of offense. I'd like to see how O'Reilly would do if he and Henrique switched places. Duchene, Mackinnon and Landeskog would all be our best forward at this point.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah I'm happy with Tootoo and Gomez's play this year but it's pretty ****ing sad and pathetic that that's considered an accomplishment for this team. As individual players revitalizing their careers it's great but for the team it's embarrassing that that's something we can pull out of this **** season.

Meh, it was always going to be a tough season. If you want more positive signs look at the defense and Schneider. Merrill took a bit of a step back but I think a lot of the criticism around him is overblown. Larsson has taken a HUGE step forward. Severson emerged as great player right off the hop. Greene continues to be a great mentor for the kids. And Schneider has proven he can be a legit starting goalie in this league, putting up excellent numbers on a bad team.

It's sad we have to take positives out of Tootoo and Gomez, but there are plenty of other positives to look at that will also have an impact on the future of this team.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Henrique is also in a barren wasteland of offense. I'd like to see how O'Reilly would do if he and Henrique switched places. Duchene, Mackinnon and Landeskog would all be our best forward at this point.

Henrique and Landeskog are comparable players. Also, try throwing Landeskog or O'Reilly on this team. Goodluck being a one-man show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad