Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So does anyone have a grasp on what this team is?

I'm pretty confused by the whole thing.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
So does anyone have a grasp on what this team is?

I'm pretty confused by the whole thing.

Exactly where they should be. A bad team, terrible offense, but a stellar goalie (goaltending duo with the emergence of Kinkaid) that will steal games.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Exactly where they should be. A bad team, terrible offense, but a stellar goalie (goaltending duo with the emergence of Kinkaid) that will steal games.

Pretty much. Let's be honest here, 2 of our last 3 wins have been against Buffalo (in a shootout) and Carolina.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Armchair GM time:

Trade Jagr, Zid(if he waives), Tootoo(maybe they are showcasing him) and Bernier.

Try to acquire Eriksson at the deadline or offseason and try to sign Artemi Panarin if he's coming to the NHL. That would help us on the wings.

Maybe acquire someone like Namestnikov or Pulkinnen who are logjammed on their teams with someone like Merrill or Santini+.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The next 4 games are going to decide if we are buyers or sellers.

The thing I'm worried about is that we'll be a handful of points out like we have been the last couple trade deadlines, we'll hold on to everybody, maybe even try to add something, and then we'll flame out down the stretch again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing I'm worried about is that we'll be a handful of points out like we have been the last couple trade deadlines, we'll hold on to everybody, maybe even try to add something, and then we'll flame out down the stretch again.

Who are they getting rid of? Tootoo and Bernier are getting resigned. I'd put money on it. Zids isn't going to waive so its out of Lou's hand. No one wants Havlat or Ryder. Doubt anyone wants Jagr at this point.

Tootoo is also not getting showcased (this showcase notion is kind of silly). He is being rewarded for playing well. It is that simple.

We are not trading Zajac, Henrique, Greene, or Cory despite what some on this board want.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
yeah for sure management is waiting for deadline, but it's def a smart move, to dangle zid and jags near/on deadline day to a desperate fringe team and fleece them. lou's prob playing it all by ear though

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Who are they getting rid of? Tootoo and Bernier are getting resigned. I'd put money on it. Zids isn't going to waive so its out of Lou's hand. No one wants Havlat or Ryder. Doubt anyone wants Jagr at this point.

Tootoo is also not getting showcased (this showcase notion is kind of silly). He is being rewarded for playing well. It is that simple.

We are not trading Zajac, Henrique, Greene, or Cory despite what some on this board want.

True. I guess I'm just tired of being in the position where we're close enough where we don't try to trade some guys we probably should. Although if there isn't any interest, I guess there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
True. I guess I'm just tired of being in the position where we're close enough where we don't try to trade some guys we probably should. Although if there isn't any interest, I guess there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Well if Jagr seriously wants out then he should be gone by deadline day no matter what unless no one actually wants him.

Zids has to waive and he just seems happy to try and fight this season out to the end.

I have to imagine Ryder wants out and Lou will shop him if nothing else but to give him what he wants.

We can't trade all of Jagr ryder and Havlat or we open up serious holes at RW.

Then there is the course of eating someone else's bad contract to get something of value in return.

Or finally making the trade of one of the kids for forward help.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Well if Jagr seriously wants out then he should be gone by deadline day no matter what unless no one actually wants him.

Zids has to waive and he just seems happy to try and fight this season out to the end.

I have to imagine Ryder wants out and Lou will shop him if nothing else but to give him what he wants.

Then there is the course of eating someone else's bad contract to get something of value in return.

get the shovel

all of those should go….2 of them are lucky to get playing time and one has a foot out the door/in the grave

worry about filling the spots of dead weight after their gone gone gone gone gone

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

If we trade those 3 it would be worthwhile to call up Paul Thompson to see if he has an NHL future.

Henrique-Elias-Bernier
Ruutu-Gomez-Thompson
Cammalleri-Zajac-Tootoo
Zubrus-Josefson-Gionta

Yeah the RW is disgustling bad on paper but Tootoo for some reason is clicking with Cammalleri and Bernier is working well with Elias and Henrique. As long as the chemistry is there, we only need to find a replacement for Jagr for 1/4 a season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Yeah I thought I was pretty secure in that thought during the 4 game losing streak. Figured our luck had run out, our true colors were shining through, but then we turn around and win 3 in a row again.

And Goaltending has been excellent, but why is it better now then under Pete? Why was winning 3 in a row an impossible feat under Pete, but we've now done it twice in a pretty short span. Sure it's been a fairly easy schedule, but Vancouver is a good team. And I wasn't so sure we are significantly better then Carolina.

And we are doing this while Jagr has stunk up the joint. I dunno, maybe it's because I had gone into tank mode, but then got spun around with the wins, then spun back with the losses, and now the wins again?

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If we trade those 3 it would be worthwhile to call up Paul Thompson to see if he has an NHL future.

Henrique-Elias-Bernier
Ruutu-Gomez-Thompson
Cammalleri-Zajac-Tootoo
Zubrus-Josefson-Gionta

Yeah the RW is disgustling bad on paper but Tootoo for some reason is clicking with Cammalleri and Bernier is working well with Elias and Henrique. As long as the chemistry is there, we only need to find a replacement for Jagr for 1/4 a season.

He is not on an NHL contract so has to be signed first, I do agree though that he deserves a shot.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
While watching the pregame skate I had a feeling that Greene would score.

I'm glad he did before someone started one of those websites like they did for Gomez while he was in Montreal.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I'd rather have Boucher up. Thompson has little to no future with the big club. Perfect time for Boucher to get confidence in a no pressure situation like it is in the beginning of the season. I can't help but feel Thompson is another Bobby Butler.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
minus thompson has been consistent all year and boucher is getting scratched for poor play in the A

All aboard the playoff train tho... choo choo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->