Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
hoo been so busy didnt realise we are so close to hockey season :D

from what ive read about from camp etc I think we might see something like this

Cammy - Zajac - Jagr
Clowe - Henrique - Ryder/Brunner (1 trade)
Zubrus - Elias - Havlat
Carter - Gionta - Tootoo/Bernier (1 disposed of)

why has Elias been demoted to the 3rd line?

Ryder and Brunner suck at this point, especially Ryder and him playing on Henrique's line really drags Henrique down.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

because its fairly clear from camp and quotes its gonna be a line, and I dont know how confident I feel in it being a 2nd line

Ryder and Brunner suck at this point, especially Ryder and him playing on Henrique's line really drags Henrique down.

perhaps. as little as I want to defend Ryder, he did have stretches where he was out best forward and the steal of FA. playing with Henrique consistently might see a return to form. but I dunno. alot of guys to cut before anything takes shape

bold

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I would also say the same about Zubrus playing with Elias. I have a feeling they won't be together long. One of the most irritating things about Pete is that he takes a while to change things and make adjustments. So while Zubrus won't be with Elias for too long (and Henrique won't be away from Elias for too long), it will still probably be at least a couple games too many.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Do you think there will be streams for the game? Do they usually stream em?

NHL.com has a "watch now" button for GCL where most preseason games dont. its gonna take me a while to adjust to avoiding twitter and FB till I get home from work next day ugh

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another thing I don't like about Henrique with Ryder, neither are much of a playmaker, they're both finishers. That line could wind up being pretty flat.

They were decent last year, but I seem to remember them being split after a little while. Probably because they weren't doing very much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ruutu being on the 4th line, but Zubrus being in the top 6/9, makes no sense to me.

Ruutu is MUCH better than Zubrus at this point. He also makes more than Zubrus, so this isn't an issue of playing a guy more because he makes a lot of money.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It'll be on NHL Network tomorrow supposedly (hopefully no local blackout)

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
Another thing I don't like about Henrique with Ryder, neither are much of a playmaker, they're both finishers. That line could wind up being pretty flat.

They were decent last year, but I seem to remember them being split after a little while. Probably because they weren't doing very much.

When Elias and Henrique were finally placed together, they seem to compliment each other like a nicely fit glove. They were dynamite together and having two great lines would be beneficial for the Devils.

Otherwise if the lines remain like this, the Jagr line will have to carry the offense once again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It'll be on NHL Network tomorrow supposedly (hopefully no local blackout)
I think it's on MSG for you guys up home.
When Elias and Henrique were finally placed together, they seem to compliment each other like a nicely fit glove. They were dynamite together and having two great lines would be beneficial for the Devils.

Otherwise if the lines remain like this, the Jagr line will have to carry the offense once again.

I agree completely. The two middle lines are pretty blah to me.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I usually cancel my sports subscription in the summer and buy it back once the regular season starts. I guess I have never been that interested in the preaseson other than be curious about what the lines will be and how players are performing. October 9th seems so far away and it can't come soon enough.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I usually cancel my sports subscription in the summer and buy it back once the regular season starts. I guess I have never been that interested in the preaseson other than be curious about what the lines will be and how players are performing. October 9th seems so far away and it can't come soon enough.

I don't even get preseason games with center ice.

When I first moved here 3 years ago, I was able to watch the Devils preseason games on MSG. I pay for MSG, so this way I get the preseason games and pre and post game shows.

Last year though, all the preseason games were blacked out for some strange reason. I was able to watch the replays, just not the live games.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
I don't even get preseason games with center ice.

When I first moved here 3 years ago, I was able to watch the Devils preseason games on MSG. I pay for MSG, so this way I get the preseason games and pre and post game shows.

Last year though, all the preseason games were blacked out for some strange reason. I was able to watch the replays, just not the live games.

Are you originally from New Jersey?

Here in Toronto, the only way I can watch all Devils games and not crappy Leafs games:laugh: is with Center Ice.

The problem is my cable provider doesn't offer Center Ice as a stand alone package, I have to purchase NBA League Pass which I don't mind and every other sports package with it. I watch it from October until Arpil and then cancel it, recycle, repeat.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are you originally from New Jersey?

Here in Toronto, the only way I can watch all Devils games and not crappy Leafs games:laugh: is with Center Ice.

The problem is my cable provider doesn't offer Center Ice as a stand alone package, I have to purchase NBA League Pass which I don't mind and every other sports package with it. I watch it from October until Arpil and then cancel it, recycle, repeat.

Yeah I lived in Jersey all my life, up until 3 years ago. 3 years ago this month actually.

Luckily I'm able to just get center ice. I don't even watch the NBA. Tried to during the lockout a couple years ago, but couldn't get into it. I went crazy without hockey. :laugh:

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I really hate the idea of Henrique as a center. He is not a playmaker. He is a scorer. So here is the lineup:

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Ryder
Ruutu-Gionta-Zubrus
Bernier Brunner

Why did Lou resign Bernier again?
How do the Devils plan on fitting in Carter and Tootoo with 14 forwards on 1 way deals.

Stupidity #2

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Merrill-Gelinas
Harrold

How can DeBoer say that both Larsson and Gelinas have to earn their way on this team when all 7 defenseman are on 1 way deals. We are going to demote Larsson and Gelinas to let them get picked up by another team?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really hate the idea of Henrique as a center. He is not a playmaker. He is a scorer. So here is the lineup:

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Ryder
Ruutu-Gionta-Zubrus
Bernier Brunner

How do the Devils plan on fitting in Carter and Tootoo with 14 forwards on 1 way deals.

Stupidity #2

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Merrill-Gelinas
Harrold

How can DeBoer say that both Larsson and Gelinas have to earn their way on this team when all 7 defenseman are on 1 way deals. We are going to demote Larsson and Gelinas to let them get picked up by another team?

I don't think he means that we're gonna waive them. I think it means that Harrold will wind up playing for one of them once the season starts. :rant:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I don't think he means that we're gonna waive them. I think it means that Harrold will wind up playing for one of them once the season starts. :rant:

no its the right thing to say to the media when you are dealing with 3 defenseman that have never played a full 82 game nhl season. they look like good bets but are not sure things, I think the organization thinks they are ready and I agree.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Ryder
Ruutu-Gionta-Zubrus
Bernier Brunner

Stupidity #2

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Merrill-Gelinas
Harrold

Because he has too. He isn't just going to hand them spots and let them know it. It's hot air because we can't demote them. Only play them as a 7th. This is a silly thing to harp Pete on.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007

Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Clowe-Josefson-Ryder
Ruutu-Gionta-Zubrus
Bernier Brunner

Stupidity #2

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Merrill-Gelinas
Harrold

Are these the lines? Having Henrique and Elias together would create an amazing 2nd line.

Deleted member 28548

hoo been so busy didnt realise we are so close to hockey season :D

from what ive read about from camp etc I think we might see something like this

Cammy - Zajac - Jagr
Clowe - Henrique - Ryder/Brunner (1 trade)
Zubrus - Elias - Havlat
Carter - Gionta - Tootoo/Bernier (1 disposed of)
Those lines look about right with the Zubrus-Elias-Havlat line likely getting more minutes then the Henrique line. Would like to see Ryder moved over Brunner. Really warming up to the idea of Tootoo on the fourth line over Bernier with Carter and Ruutu for linemates. That gives the Devils two lines with a notable physical dynamic with Clowe, Ruutu, Tootoo, and Carter banging bodies around in an intimidating way as well as chipping in offensively. The Bruins have been successful blending in grit and toughness with speed and skill. This would be a nice upgrade from last seasons team. Its time to reinvent the fourth line a bit. Excited to hear Tootoo is looking good early on. Bonus speed to boot. Call up Matteau later in the season when injuries arise for more added toughness and have Boucher on standby for when Brunner, Clowe, or Havlat go down. Josefson on standby for center depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad