Prospect Info: Devils picking 4th Overall.

Who do the Devils pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
If Luke goes 3rd then we just take Clarke

Anaheim also might take edvinsson or guenther or Clarke or eklund

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Now that we know the Devils will be picking 4....Beniers/Power in some order will likely go 1-2. That leaves Anaheim at 3...

@StevenToddIves I apologize as I know you outlined the Ducks’ needs and projected who they may take. Since this organization historically covets size, Power would have been ideal for them. Talk about the perfect compliment to Drysdale.

Since I’m in the Clarke camp, it’s nice to know Anaheim already took a RD last year in Drysdale. What are the chances they take Hughes? Are they more likely to take Eklund or Guenther than Hughes...or even Edvinsson? I know we have discussed whether it matters if we hurt Jack’s feelings; it would be nice if it was a moot point. Different situation I know...but haven’t forgotten Niedermayer leaving and playing with his brother.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Fitz. If he and the scouts like Clarke better, are they going to cave to placate Jack? I sure hope not. If his last name wasn’t Hughes, would we be having this debate of Clarke vs Hughes? I know Hughes is a great prospect. I would not be upset if the Devils selected him...but Clarke just screams everything we need...fills a huge organizational need and I happen to believe he is the better prospect.

Last edited:

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
A skate cut a tendon in his foot. He had surgery to fix it in March.

He was supposed to resume skating late May, I haven't seen anything saying if he has or not.

Ok yea, I meant how the progress has been post injury but you answered that too.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's definitely interesting the major contrast between our poll and the Ducks poll.

Pretty clear their fanbase wants a forward and our fanbase wants D
Say Seattle goes Berniers, does that sway which direction Anaheim goes as far as position?

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
If the big 3 D men are gone when Devs draft, then trade the pick to CBJ for their first 1st and a later 1st. If CBJ won't, just trade that pick to another team letting CBJ know, if they don't trade with us. that pick is going to a team that's going to draft Berniers.

Last edited:

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
Anaheim might take Hughes so they can then wait for your team to ask for a trade.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I legitimately wouldn't be shocked if we traded up just to ensure that we got Hughes
It wouldnt cost much either; though Buffalo is gonna take Power or Beniers and Seattle will take the other. Thats almost certain I feel like.

Anaheim would probably sooner just tell Fitz they arent taking Hughes before trading one spot. I dont see Anaheim going for Luke, think they want one of Guenther Edvinsson or Beniers

I think Luke is safe to get to four unless Seattle shocks us and takes him

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's definitely interesting the major contrast between our poll and the Ducks poll.

Pretty clear their fanbase wants a forward and our fanbase wants D
While this shouldn’t necessarily play a part because you draft based on your prospect pool, the Ducks couldn’t score last season. They were dead last in Goals For (we were 6th to last).

I’m not sure what the Ducks actually need more though in terms of prospects and they often draft defensemen in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00