Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - season begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm completely on your side with this mentality. But I really don't think it applies here..

I fully admit I could 100% be wrong that "it applies" here, but I find it odd given how much time off they already get, hence my logic.

I also think that most posters here are probably not aware that NHL players already get a mandated 1 day off per week on top of this, so it's not like they're "working" the 30 straight days a month as some here seem to believe.

I also don't get the folks who claim a break is needed because they're "playing so many games in a short time", because this break actually WORSENS that situation & compresses the schedule even more. I'd think that would make injuries more likely, not less likely.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
As a fan, I like the week off:

1. My favorite players get some time off to rehab, get over injuries, and be ready to play harder the rest of the year.

2. I get a week off from watching every game after work and get some time to do other stuff with my limited time.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
damn lol, I just commented that this week off is ridiculous (only because I miss watching them play)... didn't expect all of this.

Anyway, Boyle missing practice today for personal reasons (the team stressed it has nothing to do with his illness) and Palms is still missing. Cory is back though!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Full lines, largely the same as Tuesday. If Palms gets the weekend off, I'm at least excited to see Bratt back in the top 6.

Wonder if Keith goes tomorrow to give Cory an extra day of rest.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Getting concerned with this Palms situation but glad to hear Cory is back and Travis is at least lacing up for a skate. Sucks to see core members bitten by the injury bug, particularly so early on in the season.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Kinkaid gets the nod tomorrow

I wonder if we see Wedgewood on Saturday.

Kinkaid always seems to struggle when playing consecutively and with Schneider still on IR and expecting another child, it would make sense.

Plus if he has a good performance, maybe you can get something out of him from a team looking for goalies (LV, Pittsburgh).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wonder if we see Wedgewood on Saturday.

Kinkaid always seems to struggle when playing consecutively and with Schneider still on IR and expecting another child, it would make sense.

Plus if he has a good performance, maybe you can get something out of him from a team looking for goalies (LV, Pittsburgh).

Since the back to back is at home off a long break odds are it'll be KK for both unless Cory's wife gives birth like today and he wants to play Saturday.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Never said that.

What I said is that when you're an adult & you have a job, and nobodies job is perfect, you DEAL with any negative consequences like a mature adult.

And as far as "problems" go, this is really a stretch. The average NHL player has FAR MORE TIME to spend with their family than many people do, should that be how they chose to spend their free time.
They did deal with it, in the CBA.

Meanwhile a fan is complaining that the players get a week off. Why? Is this week off greatly disturbing your life? Are you missing the irony here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad