Development Camp

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
They are not putting up any videos at all this year. They want to make it "special" for the fans that went. :shakehead

That suck and now the new management was on a roll with the openness and stuff but then they do this:)

Can anybody that went to the scrimmage chime in if they think that it was a fair way to do it

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Wasn't being there live "special" enough? Are they going to stop broadcasting games to make it "special" for the people to attend?

This is a head scratcher to me.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
How do you not document a development camp when you have the number one overall pick from this years draft on the team and attending it?

That seems like such an amateur move.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Santini is becoming one of my favorite players. Love how he plays and presents himself.

I was quite impressed with the ease he transitioned to the NHL with just a few months in Albany to get his feet wet.

He played very well for us, I'd like to see his role expanded quite a bit this year. His skating and offensive instincts were better than advertised, and his defensive game was very mature for a kid in his early 20's.

He was definitely one of the bright spots last year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they were going to post anything at all they would have done it the night of the scrimmage the way they did last year. They put up one lousy video after Saturday (a three-minute interview with Hischier) and had only a handful of videos on their site throughout camp, mostly of interviews. The YouTube channel's been gathering dust since the end of the season. Periscope had one interview with Shero before the scrimmage and nothing else all offseason. I just don't get what this team is doing social media wise this offseason, especially with Julie being let go and having to borrow someone from the Habs to do the development camp stuff.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
they hired sarah baicker to be the director of all that and from looking at twitter she's gone on vacation, so I think that's probably or part of the reason why they have been slow on the content release and julie is not there anymore.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Or... perhaps someone did.

Someone did say it, but they didn't provide any source for that information. It looks a whole lot like conjecture but which people assumed was a confirmed fact, something which tends to happen a lot around here. I assume I will read next year that they didn't put development camp video online because then it wouldn't be 'special' for the people who attended.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Some more video from Dev camp. The first goal looked like Nico's live to me, and I don't know that it got tipped looking at this. Call was Santini from Wood and Nico, but clearly that's not accurate. Wood's not even close to touching it on the way in. If anything Anderson may have gotten a stick on it.

Nico clearly got an assist on Anderson's goal too. So it was a 3 point performance for him, and he could have had more if Wood wasn't such a spaz. You can see Wood almost prevent Nico from getting the shot on his second goal off with some weird body contact that shouldn't have happened.

This one was probably posted before, but at :26 you can see that Zacha scored a goal that was announced as Zetterlund's. I thought Zacha put it in live, so the announcement really confused me, but it looks like my eyes were right.

I know none of these are real goals, but knowing who did what offensively is important to me, so it's good to see these again at least.

Clips like this is probably all we'll get out of this video wise.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad