Development Camp

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I was on the opposite end, so I had trouble seeing the details of what Hischier was up to in the O-zone. I thought the first goal was his from where I was sitting.

Hopefully they'll put it up.

Yeah I think they called it a Santini goal with secondary to Hischier but I can't remember who had primary.

I was in the white zone and it looked like it was his Nico's goal as well. Pretty sure he was the one that sent it in from the boards and I don't recall it being elevated nor did it look like it was redirected twice before it was in the back of the net.

It seemed to find back of the net quickly and unimpeded on a direct angle from Nico to the back of net.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Zacha seems really committed to taking a big step forward this upcoming season. By all accounts he is working super hard this off-season, staying in NJ and working out. Hynes was talking about that in an interview the Devils posted on their Twitter. Zacha's effort really showed this camp too. I'm very pleased with how motivated to improve Zacha appears to be.

I really hope the team has some sort of coaching available to him. I'd hate to think it's just him doing workouts at the team facility by himself.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Now I'm picturing Zacha running around trying to catch chickens in a yard like in Rocky

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Davies looked pretty tiny but he had good awareness, hands, and body positioning in the offensive zone. Hopefully he will put up some numbers in college this year.

Kujawinski had a good game. Acted like a power forward should, using his body to move the play towards the net. Normally I find him underwhelming so it was nice to see the more positive side of his game.

People have already talked about Walsh but he certainly looked to have offensive instincts to go with his skating ability.

McLeod, seemed calm and in control on his shifts. He had one play where he started from an almost stand still and went blue line to blue line so quickly and smoothly. It didn't even looked like he tried and he had just exploded up the ice.

Nico, at least in a prospects camp, he was able to translate his bread and butter from juniors to the camp. He was at his best when he was starting and stopping and reversing plays.

Wood, all the things that I dislike about his game were on display, as well as his good points.

Bastian, showed off nice hands on a few rushes.

Boqvist, got himself some decent scoring chances with speed and skill but never seemed to catch all of his shot.

Speers and Anderson both were kind of similar. They weren't flashy but they were in the correct places and made the proper plays.

Popugaev, can he have been both disappointing and exciting at the same time? He wasn't pushing the play or making much happen but when plays did happen with him you can see he is unusually skilled for someone so tall. Let off a very hard wrist shot on one play.

Chainey, with this being such a skilled camp for him to not look out of place at 17 years old was impressive by itself.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I didn't get to look it up, but I was told by my sis guay and carpenter didn't/will not get any offers? They were solid

I thought Guay was much better in the 3 on 3 than today besides the shootout move. He didn't impress me much today though. I'd offer him at least an ahl deal though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Still no scrimmage video?

Apparently they're not putting it up this year. Guess they're trading off more public attention for the thousand people there to have a 'unique' experience.

If I knew they weren't going to stream it I might have gone this year. Then again I've gone the last two years and it's always weird to sit there and wonder just what exactly you want to see - goals, saves, good defense...one guy doing well is another guy not doing well in a scrimmage.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Apparently they're not putting it up this year. Guess they're trading off more public attention for the thousand people there to have a 'unique' experience.

If I knew they weren't going to stream it I might have gone this year. Then again I've gone the last two years and it's always weird to sit there and wonder just what exactly you want to see - goals, saves, good defense...one guy doing well is another guy not doing well in a scrimmage.
Well that's stupid. Some of us don't live in New Jersey anymore.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I 100% beleive Zacha will be unleashed this year.

Nico will be a star and #1C for years to come. Whether that is this year or next year, be patient. The kid has so much talent. Back to Zacha...that one timer video I saw, I was blown away. THAT is the Zacha shot we've all seen for awhile. I've said for awhile, he got toned down by the staff for a hit(s) and was told to calm it down. Why, who knows? This guy has been in Jersey all summer, away from family etc, and WANTS to get better. He will have an "A" on his chest I believe down the road. He too will be a good one.

Shero knows what he's doing. Looks like we have a diamond in the rough out of harvard on defense. Rykov too!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I didn't get to look it up, but I was told by my sis guay and carpenter didn't/will not get any offers? They were solid

Carpenter is in college so he can't sign any offers.

For Guay, he's still 18. He's going back to the Q and I wouldn't commit any contracts to forwards at this moment with amount of forward prospects we have now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If a self respecting eye-talian like Robert DeNiro can do it in Goodfellas, why can't a kid from the Czech Republic?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad