Pre-Game Talk: Detroit Red Wings @ Your Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I really hope we don't trade any of our young defensemen. None of Reilly, Gardiner or Percy should be bait for a forward.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm a Leaf fan, I don't care who Starts as long as they win.
I think Bernier's a better Goalie but I have no complaints with Reimer this year.

You shouldn't answer a question with a question.

I answered this way because it was a silly question. But seriously, RC going 3 in a row with Reimer. I agree I could care less, since we know both goalies were playing this weekend.

You can think Bernier is a better goalie, but he has to do it to actually be a better goalie, and going back to his last 11 games last season, he has been questionable.

Reimer was questionable last season, but has played very well this year. This is the difference between the 2 to this point of the season. Play who is playing better.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
He did. Robidas confirmed himself scratched.

He assumed wrong for sure. Robidad confirmed he's out. (And yes, I love the name Robidad for Robidas. Sue me!)

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Robidas refusing to use injury as an excuse; says he hasn't played good enough so it's not a surprise he's out tonight

you have to respect a player who is able to admit that he has not played well enough and assumes that kind of responsibility. im not sure if ANY other player on the leaf has ever made that type of self assessment. i sure wish our captain would speak like this.

as for tonight i hope the move phaneuf onto the right side.

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-franson
percy-polak

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
you have to respect a player who is able to admit that he has not played well enough and assumes that kind of responsibility. im not sure if ANY other player on the leaf has ever made that type of self assessment. i sure wish our captain would speak like this.

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-franson
percy-polak

Rielly and Gardiner practiced together...

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-franson
percy-polak

Pretty sure Kessel blatantly said that last year after the collapse and Phaneuf did too after the game where he left before the media scrum. People seem to always call out other players and ask why they don't say stuff like player x, but a lot of the time they do and it goes unnoticed...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Pretty sure Kessel blatantly said that last year after the collapse and Phaneuf did too after the game where he left before the media scrum. People seem to always call out other players and ask why they don't say stuff like player x, but a lot of the time they do and it goes unnoticed...

Kessel did, but Dion never said a word until he was called out....much different.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I answered this way because it was a silly question. But seriously, RC going 3 in a row with Reimer. I agree I could care less, since we know both goalies were playing this weekend.

You can think Bernier is a better goalie, but he has to do it to actually be a better goalie, and going back to his last 11 games last season, he has been questionable.

Reimer was questionable last season, but has played very well this year. This is the difference between the 2 to this point of the season. Play who is playing better.

Agreed, your notion about Reimer and HNIC was pretty silly.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

gardiner-phaneuf
rielly-franson
percy-polak

He and Kessel both did.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 1m1 minute ago
Morgan Rielly on friend/roommate Jake Gardiner: "He's driven. He wants to prove to Randy that he's a top-end defenceman in this league."

Let's hope we see it. We all know how much Gardiner can dominate when he's on his game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
According to Jonas Siegel on Leafs lunch on speaking with Robidas he believes that he will be sitting out both the weekend games.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 1m1 minute ago
Morgan Rielly on friend/roommate Jake Gardiner: "He's driven. He wants to prove to Randy that he's a top-end defenceman in this league."

Let's hope we see it. We all know how much Gardiner can dominate when he's on his game.

I want to see how Gardiner plays if we have a lead, we know what he will do if we are behind.

He needs to prove he can play a structured game in a tight games.

PP and Being a rover playing from a deficit is the only time we notice him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Percy-Polak pairing has literally been too good to split up.

The coaching staff is already using them as the "shutdown" pairing, based on them taking by far the most defensive zone starts, and they've thrived in that role.

It might not last, but right now you can't split them.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The Percy-Polak pairing has literally been too good to split up.

The coaching staff is already using them as the "shutdown" pairing, based on them taking by far the most defensive zone starts, and they've thrived in that role.

It might not last, but right now you can't split them.

Yup, Percy was eating a lot of PK minutes last game with Polak IIRC

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Reimer to start, Gardiner returns as Leafs host Wings on TSN Radio 1050

http://www.tsn.ca/reimer-to-start-gardiner-returns-as-leafs-host-wings-on-tsn-radio-1050-1.109134

Projected Lineup

Forwards

James van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
Daniel Winnik - Nazem Kadri - Joffrey Lupul
Leo Komarov - Mike Santorelli - David Clarkson
Richard Panik - Peter Holland - Brandon Kozun

Defence

Dion Phaneuf - Cody Franson
Stuart Percy - Roman Polak
Jake Gardiner - Morgan Rielly

Goaltenders

James Reimer
Jonathan Bernier

Toronto Maple Leafs @MapleLeafs
Lupul: "Everything is fine. I'll be there tonight and I'll be there tomorrow."

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
People falling in love with the Percy-Polak pairing are the same kind who fell in love with Franson 2 years ago...they look good cause they're playing against 3rd and 4th liners while Phaneuf gets the tough assignments.

Robidas/Gardiner would look just as good against 3rd/4th liners

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
People falling in love with the Percy-Polak pairing are the same kind who fell in love with Franson 2 years ago...they look good cause they're playing against 3rd and 4th liners while Phaneuf gets the tough assignments.

Percy ain't playing against 3rd or 4th liners, that's for sure. Not consistently anyway.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Not one Team in the League has all top pairing Players.

FWIW, I like Percy/Polak and never liked Franson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad