GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:30 EST

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Howard was already down to the ice by the time Kadri got the puck. Need to make a better attemp to save it there at the NHL level. Sure it was a nice shot, but Howard gave him the entire corner. Goal 2 was weak too. Howard is gonna get shelled tonight. I personally think this should have been Mrazek's start, but evidentally Blashill believes Howard is the clearcut starter.
I played in net against a guy that scored over 300 goals in the NHL. It's tough to blame the goalie on a change like that and there is three Leaf players bearing down on him. Could have played it better? Sure, no doubt. Let's not be ridiculous though.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
The Patrick Marleau signing in Toronto makes very little sense to me
We were supposed to trade JVR this offseason, he's more suited to playing with Bozak-Marner over the slower Kadri line. Almost got sent to NYI for Hamonic, didn't work out.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
This is just a cross
Section of some on my phone

Attachments

• B063BD22-6CA5-49D5-A775-E7C827A14459.png
    B063BD22-6CA5-49D5-A775-E7C827A14459.png
    226.9 KB · Views: 27

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't care how unstoppable they might appear to be if he lets in three goals on three shots his backside should be stapled to the bench.

Because why exactly? Especially if they're unstoppable?

the only reason to yank him at that point would be to not hang him out to dry anymore than the team already has.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Too easy. Darren Eliot called the wrap around, not Larkin though haha

Go Hank.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I played in net against a guy that scored over 300 goals in the NHL. It's tough to blame the goalie on a change like that and there is three Leaf players bearing down on him. Could have played it better? Sure, no doubt. Let's not be ridiculous though.

Jimmy Howard has been in the league a long time, he shouldn't get beat from there and played it poorly. Jimmy isn't new to playing against guys who have scored a lot of goals in the league, his angles were off.

Wow and there is a horrific one out of the Leafs netminder. Way to go Z!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

the only reason to yank him at that point would be to not hang him out to dry anymore than the team already has.
If your goalie allows 3 goals on 3 shots he gets benched to send a message to the team.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Jimmy Howard has been in the league a long time, he shouldn't get beat from there and played it poorly. Jimmy isn't new to playing against guys who have scored a lot of goals in the league, his angles were off.

Wow and there is a horrific one out of the Leafs netminder. Way to go Z!
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that its ludicrous to pin it on him when five guys decided to stroll over to the bench. Whatever. Game on.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I said a bunch of times the first one had an odor to it. He didn't play it correctly.

Yeah it might just be your unlucky night and he saved the next one so that is good.

Why would you want to keep a goalie in who started 0-3 because that is pretty curious.

Hopefully Jimmy settles in, I didn't like how he played the first one at all though, so I am not with the crowd that wants to make excuses for it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Again, missing my point. The 3 on 1 has absolutely nothing to do with Howard. He went down too early, that's the bottom
I can think of like two.

2??!?!?!

Come on man, the Hip literally have 30 hits.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't take it as forever when TZE said it, just for that game.

That's how I took it, but there was an implication of blame on the goalie.

I said a bunch of times the first one had an odor to it. He didn't play it correctly.

Yeah it might just be your unlucky night and he saved the next one so that is good.

Why would you want to keep a goalie in who started 0-3 because that is pretty curious.

Hopefully Jimmy settles in, I didn't like how he played the first one at all though, so I am not with the crowd that wants to make excuses for it.

Because he still might give you the best chance to win the game.

If he seems rattled or just having a terrible night, of course yank him. But you mentioned unstoppable shots.

I saw a Kings game where Sutter yanked Quick after a couple fast goals but made it clear to the team he was pulling the goalie because they were playing so poorly they weren't worthy of Quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad