Jimmy "Throwback" Howard

8470147.jpg

Curtis "The Kid" McElhinney

DDK Update:
Yesterday:

Today

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I hadn't expected to be rooting too hard for the team (though I don't consider myself a fair weather fan, the management and coaching just have me not thrilled with the state of the franchise)... but with this early hot streak, they have my attention. It'd be nice to put a loss on Babcock and the hyped up Leafs (for good reason).

Hope everyone enjoys the game.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Leaf fan coming in peace. I agree. As a Leaf fan, I am worried about us being tired. We were flying for the first period especially, while you guys were waiting for us. I watched Detroit and Tampa the other night, and you guys got robbed (literally). If it were not for Vasilevskiy, you guys would have been up for at least 3 going into the 2nd period. Also Zetterberg, Mantha, and Green are on fire right now, as well as Howard. The other worry for me is MC-backup. He has not played since preseason, he looked good at the end of it, but started real rough. I think you guys will come out hungry, and if you shoot early and often, with our defensive assignments constantly being missed, I can see something like a 5-3 win for you. I am drawing a lot of similarities between tonight and when the Leafs played NJ. NJ is no joke, or fluke, fast young, and enough veteran defensemen to help their star goalie out as well. You may not have the star d-core, but you have a couple good guys, the real problem for the leafs will be containing the above mentioned, plus you guys are fast; Tartar, Glendening, Larkin, Mantha, and Zetts can still move. It is going to be a tough one, and maybe a rough one.

Good luck ladies and gents.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Oh good, the f***ing Leafs.

Probably going to sit this one out. Or drink. Maybe both.

Reactions: avssuc

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
It would be nice to get a win to against some good competition like Toronto. Will see tonight. Maybe they are better than everybody thinks. Or maybe they aren't ?

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
6-2 leafs, I wont be able to watch studying my ass off for a midterm tomorrow which should go pretty well I think so I could probably watch but nah I'm gonna be responsible I need punctuation

edit: my exam went great :)

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Who is in for DDK?
Kronwall became healthy directly after DDK got hurt, lines still haven't been made public tonight.

I said in the last GDT that I'd like to see Jensen sat for a game because of how putrid he was on Monday and have Witkowski play bottom pair.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't live in Canada but I just got a text that Elliotte Friedman just reported on sportsnet that AA will make his decision in 24-48 hours whether he will sign or play in Europe.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I don't live in Canada but I just got a text that Elliotte Friedman just reported on sportsnet that AA will make his decision in 24-48 hours whether he will sign or play in Europe.

Now he's just being a diva. If you don't know by now what is two days going to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad