GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7:30 EST

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Frk is being miss managed IMO. With his ability to get his shot on net he should be on the first unit PP. What did Trashill put on the ice for our last PP.... 55-40-21-14-8 jeebus. All playing pass pass pass on the outside
Frk needs to play with green on the power play, but I agree we need to change the lines. I would like us to load up 1 unit ( like most teams do ) Im getting pretty sick of Tats and Nyquist always starting the power plays.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Even though we kinda suck, all of our games have been entertaining besides the Ottawa? game I think it was. Blashill is doing something right

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'm sure you'd say the same if Detroit was outshot 2:1 and managed to win by scoring on all their chances and getting amazing goaltending.

Wings were the better team. No, that doesn't mean the Wings are a better team or will do better this season. But they were the better team in this game. Toronto got a bit lucky, like good teams with strong coaching and high talent level tend to get. They had just as many or more turnovers as Detroit, Wings just didn't have as many seeing-eye shots make it to the back of the net.

Shots on goal?
How about scoring chances.
Because Mrazek made 3-4 great saves.
The other guy made 2.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Even though we kinda suck, all of our games have been entertaining besides the Ottawa? game I think it was. Blashill is doing something right

I agree. We're still mediocre with an awful defence, but sometime after we missed the playoffs last season, he loosened the reigns...sadly it coincided with multiple injuries, but this year looks like it will help our forwards' stats and massacre our goaltender's GAA....

Reactions: martinez

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If we are going to be bad that's the way I'd prefer, losing games 5-4 every night Dallas/Winnipeg style
Same here, Still would love to see this team play their hearts out at least. At least show up and play your hearts out on a nightly basis i agree i would be thrilled if we would lose games 5-4 every night at least you're showing up on a nightly basis.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Frk seems pretty useless when not on the PP

He was a good fit with Larkin because Larkin's speed disrupted the D and the D had to cheat toward him, creating room for Frk as a trailer.
That's how that one goal happened, even if Larkin lost the puck and got it back before dropping it to Frk.

A guy like Frk could be good with a skilled centerman like Datsyuk. But there aren't many of those guys around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad