GDT: DET @ ANA | 10:00pm EST | 3/16/2018

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
So now the clock is the ducks ally. I thought it was when they got a 2 goal lead.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Blashill stop having guys at the far blue when the puck is behind our net it’s been proven time and time again it doesn’t work

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Anyone else feel Nielsen is the most unimpressive yet steady player in recent memory? Doesnt make mistakes but i dont remember a play or game where i thought. . Wow, Frans was the difference maker tonight .

Ps Green really isnt trying anymore. Really hope we dont bring him back after watching the effort level.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone else feel Nielsen is the most unimpressive yet steady player in recent memory? Doesnt make mistakes but i dont remember a play or game where i thought. . Wow, Frans was the difference maker tonight .
Great 3C on a championship team

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Who said it was enough? He's a 5th round draft pick. He's lucky he's even playing in the NHL and his skating is the only reason he's in the leauge. He's a perfectly fine depth player, which is what he is.
And this right here is are problem we have a bunch of really good roll players being asked to play way above their skill level. We are a team full of 2nd and 3rd line players being coached by a AHL coaching staff.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Ps Green really isnt trying anymore. Really hope we dont bring him back after watching the effort level.
It's pretty much guaranteed that Holland will sign Green to a crippling contact as one of his last acts as GM. Is there a single contract for a guy over 30yo that isn't completely awful?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
And this right here is are problem we have a bunch of really good roll players being asked to play way above their skill level. We are a team full of 2nd and 3rd line players being coached by a AHL coaching staff.
How is it a problem? This team needs to lose. STOP COMPLAINING WHEN THEY LOSE. This is what everyone wanted. I'm going to keep repeating this.

I'd rather they play Jensen and have him get hit over and over again on this team rather than throwing Cholowski or Hronek to the wolves. Agreed?

It's pretty much guaranteed that Holland will sign Green to a crippling contact as one of his last acts as GM. Is there a single contract for a guy over 30yo that isn't completely awful?

Who cares? This team is so many years away from competing. They suck WITH Green. They can at least hope he's healthy then try and trade him again for a 1st round pick in another year or two.

Reactions: BinCookin

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hes a 3c on a bottom 5 team. And barely doing his job. Also never won a championship or been deep in the playoffs. What he is historically is a support player on border line playoff teams/lottery teams.
No what I believe is that he is a great 3C on a championship team. He’s a 3C on this team but it’s not like we have any elite players or the two centerman in front of him. We have 0 defenseman all I am saying is if you took a team that is good he would be a great fit as a 3C. Adds solid d-zone, has way more offensive upside but he always plays with helm and Abdelkader and plays center in a chip everything, rim everything system. He’s a better player than what he shows as I honestly think our system is a pure joke and a big reason why everyone looks awful

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
How is it a problem? This team needs to lose. STOP COMPLAINING WHEN THEY LOSE. This is what everyone wanted. I'm going to keep repeating this.

I'd rather they play Jensen and have him get hit over and over again on this team rather than throwing Cholowski or Hronek to the wolves. Agreed?

Who cares? This team is so many years away from competing. They suck WITH Green. They can at least hope he's healthy then try and trade him again for a 1st round pick in another year or two.
Did I complain some where that I did not see??? I don't care if we get the 1st over all we will still suck! We are looking at least at a 5 to 7 yr turn around things are just starting to get bad. The kids we have will have wasted their pro careers before we will see a team push in the the play offs.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Did I complain some where that I did not see??? I don't care if we get the 1st over all we will still suck! We are looking at least at a 5 to 7 yr turn around things are just starting to get bad. The kids we have will have wasted their pro careers before we will see a team push in the the play offs.
I agree somewhat, but I truly think this system is hurting all of our talented players. Guys literally get the puck at the far blue line standing still with no support, how is this suppose to help generate offense??

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Something Wings fans seem to be slow on picking up on is that a lot of our "character" guys, really are just as lifeless as our lazy star players as well.

This team is not being led well, both from the Veterans and Coaching staff. Our younger players have checked out, and our fabled "winning culture" is non existent. That's what happens when mediocre players like Abdelkader, Dekeyser, and Helm get long term for too much money. THe hunger is gone, and it infects the younger kids. If the Vets who are worse than you, get paid more money than you, and are in general just as lazy as you, aren't held accountable, why would you care about working hard?
When almost every one of your team's respectable veterans are losers and or below average players, the rest of your team will follow suit.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Glad the boys put up a descent effort and got to take out their frustration with a few fights. Stating the obvious but Anaheim is such a superior team.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Green needs surgery.. dont know why he is playing... it is helping us tank :P So this is good.

Dont worry Goalie Guy. We will get a nice new shiney toy this summer. It will take a while to collect stars.. but maybe we will draft 1 this year.

Rebuilds take time. Our losing streak is very important right now.

P.S.

I theorize if we do get a high pick, Detroit is looking more at tkachuk than svechnikov.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Well if they suck with Green and he puts in no effort how are the young guys gonna learn? Isn't that why people were suggesting we needed to sign Abby and Helm to those awful deals? So that they could teach the young guys? Can someone make the case that vets make any difference at all? If not then why are you lobbying to sign Green?

It sounds like it is finally dawning on some people that we are one of the worse teams in the league. We missed out on our chance to trade Green this past TDL. Why throw bad money at him to try to gain that chance back? Seems counter productive to me.

You sign Green, Neilsen and Daley because you think you're still a playoff team. That boat sailed a couple years ago. You missed out on trading Green. Better to let the guys signed to immovable contacts play out the string while you add youth. Why on Earth would you sign yet another vet to an awful deal knowing what you know now?

Seems like a case of setting money on fire. Use it instead to upgrade your front office and scouting staff. At least that's what would make sense to me.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Something Wings fans seem to be slow on picking up on is that a lot of our "character" guys, really are just as lifeless as our lazy star players as well.

This team is not being led well, both from the Veterans and Coaching staff. Our younger players have checked out, and our fabled "winning culture" is non existent. That's what happens when mediocre players like Abdelkader, Dekeyser, and Helm get long term for too much money. THe hunger is gone, and it infects the younger kids. If the Vets who are worse than you, get paid more money than you, and are in general just as lazy as you, aren't held accountable, why would you care about working hard?
When almost every one of your team's respectable veterans are losers and or below average players, the rest of your team will follow suit.
I don’t think they are lazy I just think they really suck and play too high in the lineup. Helm should never be in a top 6 I’m sorry but never. Same with Abdelkader. Svechnikov actually made a few plays in his 5 mins of ice tonight why is he not getting a regular top 9 shift?? We are 0-8-1 it’s not like we are winning. Play the kid he actually has some talent and iq. My favorite player right now is Bert simply because he’s smart, he doesn’t just throw the puck away he’s looking to make plays set things up, etc. our d sucks but having 3 forwards just blow the zone doesn’t help them, blashill for the love of god try one game where we never blow the zone or stretch I guarantee everyone looks better

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

Nielsen made a pretty bad mistake on the Ducks 2nd goal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2