GDT: DET @ ANA | 10:00pm EST | 3/16/2018

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I know. Everything is finally going as planned. We realistically could finish 3rd best odds

Actually it's entirely in the realm of possibility that we finish #1. 24 points still up for grabs for both the Yotes and Buffalo, who are 6 and 7 points behind us respectively, and have both been pretty decent down the stretch.

Vancouver's only 4 points back, but they suck nearly as much as we do right now.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Glad I didn't watch this one.

I know them losing is ultimately good for draft picks, but watching them lose to the likes of Kesler and Perry is still hard on the spirit.

really? I thought it was an entertaining game, and i actually really like the ducks. We all complain about hockey not being as tough as it was back in the day, but anaheim is a team that still fits the oldschool, heavy cycle and smashmouth kind of hockey i find very entertaining to watch. One of my favorite teams for sure

chris05

May 23, 2013
Suck.... this team is beyond sucking.......20 minute a night guys who can't score........it takes a whole lot of "compete" in-order to be able to keep on losing......a free ticket along with a free pizza is not going to fill those empty seats with bodies.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Actually it's entirely in the realm of possibility that we finish #1. 24 points still up for grabs for both the Yotes and Buffalo, who are 6 and 7 points behind us respectively, and have both been pretty decent down the stretch.

Vancouver's only 4 points back, but they suck nearly as much as we do right now.

With Boeser out, Vancouver is hard to catch

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Suck.... this team is beyond sucking.......20 minute a night guys who can't score........it takes a whole lot of "compete" in-order to be able to keep on losing......a free ticket along with a free pizza is not going to fill those empty seats with bodies.

Leave Larkin alone.... :sarcasm:

lol

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

I don't think Little Ceasars Entertainment is too worried about it. They apparently set some record for attendance in the 1st 6 months of a opening of that type of facility. With events and concerts the Wings are not as deep of a concern as we sometimes post. The optics are terrible and as an NHL fan I dislike the vibes, but I think it confirms my theory about the lack of desperation ownership feels toward the Wings in general.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
What cap space issues? This team will be unloading a ton of money over the next two years. There should be no concern with cap space.

We're at $79 minimum, if we bring Green back.

I'd rather not waste $5M+ on a defenseman who helps us finish next to last in the NHL...
Save the cap space.
Go all in on one of the defenseman who will be available next year.

And if they all get signed or go elsewhere, who cares?
What did you lose? Mike Green? LOL. Some hope for a first round pick in 2-3 years?

Besides...
Kronwall is talking like he's coming back. Dekeyser, Ericsson and Daley are back. Jensen and XO are back.

And we need to give Cholowski and Hronek a chance to compete for a job.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Well put. A one year deal to Mike Green would be (in my opinion) the only acceptable offer and should be the only deal Holland has on the table. No clauses to prevent moving him, no clauses to give him options of vetoing a trade to any team. If he and his family like living in the area then here's a way to do it for one more year. If he isn't acceptable to something that gives our GM full freedom to get something for him at the deadline, then he can and should be looking to move somewhere else.

Your bolded comment is so dead on RtJ. If Holland seems prepared to offer Green multiple years then someone needs to go over his head and nix that idea.

I don't even see the value for a one-year deal.

Next year, that job should go to Hronek, Choloski, Hicketts or Russo.
Let them try the job and if they fail, bring on the next one.
If they're not ready, oh well. Looks like we're picking high in the draft again.

Besides, Mike Green isn't accepting a one-year deal at this point.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
really? I thought it was an entertaining game, and i actually really like the ducks. We all complain about hockey not being as tough as it was back in the day, but anaheim is a team that still fits the oldschool, heavy cycle and smashmouth kind of hockey i find very entertaining to watch. One of my favorite teams for sure
I didn't see the game but still dislike the Ducks. Mostly because of Perry and Kesler.

For heavy cycle and smashmouth hockey from Southern california I prefer the Kings. Though they're a bit less smashmouth than they used to be.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

If they're not ready, oh well. Looks like we're picking high in the draft again.

I'm not sure that's how you're supposed to handle your prospects.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

If those kids are ready to play in the NHL we can find room for them with or without Mike Green. We have so many throw-away defencemen that this should not be an issue nor will it be an issue. And Hickets? His last call up you couldn't repeat often enough how much he sucks and I don't see Russo making much of an impact on this team, if any. You're just spoiling for an argument it seems.

To the point of my original post, it seems likely Green is coming back and he can be useful - provided Holland uses some common sense and moderation when negotiating with him. In a dream world we'd have 3 or 4 of our current kids and at least one new arrival from this year's draft ready to log full time minutes with the big club and take over PP duties. Wishful thinking and reeking of impatience.

As I said, if Mike Green will not accept a one year deal then Holland should wish him well and send him on his way.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If those kids are ready to play in the NHL we can find room for them with or without Mike Green. We have so many throw-away defencemen that this should not be an issue nor will it be an issue. And Hickets? His last call up you couldn't repeat often enough how much he sucks and I don't see Russo making much of an impact on this team, if any. You're just spoiling for an argument it seems.

To the point of my original post, it seems likely Green is coming back and he can be useful - provided Holland uses some common sense and moderation when negotiating with him. In a dream world we'd have 3 or 4 of our current kids and at least one new arrival from this year's draft ready to log full time minutes with the big club and take over PP duties. Wishful thinking and reeking of impatience.

As I said, if Mike Green will not accept a one year deal then Holland should wish him well and send him on his way.

Dekeyser Hronek
Ericsson Daley
Kronwall Jensen
XO

I'm fine with that. I don't see any reason to have Mike Green on the team.

And maybe if Hronek isn't ready, Cholo is the guy.
Or Hicketts (and yeah, I doubt Hicketts is an NHLers)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->