Recalled/Assigned: Dermott to the Leafs Marincin back to the Marlies

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dermott has played on the right for Nielsen.

ok thought so, That has to be it because Borgman has done nothing wrong and shouldn't lose his place. I think Polak is injured and carrick has no trust from babs so dermott was the call up he will have to play his offside but I think he is up to it

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Good for Dermott. Hope he does well.

What ever has happen to Rosen though... Sounded like a shoe-in in the summer and just before camp the way Babcock was talking. Now he's been jumped by Borgman, Marincin (2nd look) and now Dermott. Holl probably even should get a look before him too.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Great to hear. This should be a solid opportunity to prove himself.

They prove themselves every day right! Dermott has a solid multi dimensional game. Nothing flashy but very consistent. He should be ok i think.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
ok thought so, That has to be it because Borgman has done nothing wrong and shouldn't lose his place. I think Polak is injured and carrick has no trust from babs so dermott was the call up he will have to play his offside but I think he is up to it

I think that Dermott probably got screwed in training camp having to play on his right side, he looked significantly better on the right.

When Zaitsev returns...

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Borgman(?)

Gardiner and Zaitsev had no chemistry anyway

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We just need Z back and Polak out.

Rielly
Gardiner
Dermott
Zaitsev
Borgman
Hainsey

Is likely an acceptable group so long as Jake turns it around.

Reactions: ThewThew

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Dermott has played on the right for Nielsen.

Yeah, that's my thought as well. I'd like to see

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Dermott
Borgman - Carrick

Until Zaitsev comes back.

Reactions: 1specter

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Guys my prediction is Liljegren will be coming sometime late in the season or in the playoffs. He will be this year's McAvoy!!!

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I think that Dermott probably got screwed in training camp having to play on his right side, he looked significantly better on the right.

When Zaitsev returns...

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Borgman(?)

It should be noted that the Gardiner - Carrick pairing was pretty good last year.

Reactions: 1specter

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

When Zaitsev returns...

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Gardiner-Borgman(?)

there is NO WAY Babs is gonna scratch Polak; Polak will find a way in one way or another :laugh:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
im pretty sure Dermott has played quite a few games on his off side for the marlies, at least when he wasn't paired with liljegren, Id say he may be in for polka and carrick. Borgman has been playing well why mess with his confidence now

Yeah, Borgman's been a fixture once he won the spot outright in the battle with Rosen. Don't see him being scratched. Interested to see what the pairs will work out to be.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
there is NO WAY Babs is gonna scratch Polak; Polak will find a way in one way or another :laugh:

Lou makes the call and I think when the video guys and Lou sit down. They can present a pretty strong case to Babcock and that will be it. How do you argue with what can be displayed. Polak is a shit show.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Excited to see what Dermott brings to our team. About time he gets a chance.

When we’re healthy:

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Borgman
Dermott-Zaitsev
/Polak/Carrick

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
They prove themselves every day right! Dermott has a solid multi dimensional game. Nothing flashy but very consistent. He should be ok i think.

Definitely. I meant he should be getting pretty good PK time if he's in for Polak in addition to his ES role.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Im extremely happy with this news. Dermott deserves a chance and our defense needs the mobility. Huge plus!!!

But i feel stupid for not planning my Marlies games better. Bought tickets for tonight's game meaning i will miss the Gold Medal game. My silver lining was that i get to see Timmy play but then realizing he at the WJC. Then i went to the thought that i would see Dermott play but now he is gone.

LOL. I know how you feel, I had similar emotions a couple of years ago when I got tickets for boxing day and then realized the guys I wanted to see most were at the juniors.

Yup. Plus no rentals deals this year please. Make the deals good for the mid/long term. A centre deal for the right guy would be awesome.

This!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
oh f*** yeah. i cant even remember how many times i said to bring him up. he's so ready

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev (unless this pairing fails again, then switch z with Borgman)
Dermott - Borgman

very respectable

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I think he's more then likely in on the bottom pair if anything, Gardner still gets some tough minutes so I can't see Dermott there to replace Carrick with Gardner. So probably Borgman-Dermott, which looks pretty :naughty:. I know some of you mentioned he has played on the Right side in the AHL some games, how did he look?

member 262271

Awesome. However if he doesn't play this is just the ultimate tease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad